1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticfan01, May 26, 2019.

Discuss [POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

It is a pro point. It's down the list of what Lenny brings but its relevant. Rangers are the only team who'll threaten 10 in a row. The city is football mad and divided, it's a plus point that he knows all about that and has handled the absolute worst of it, the absolute worst.

His experience of the club, his previous in the transfer market and his past successes here make him a candidate. That, along with him dealing with difficult circumstances and coming out with a treble(albeit unconvincingly at times) got hom the job. His knowledge of the city and its football politics, is a relevant side point.

It's not Lawwell clutching, it's the fans clutching at reasons to be * off. Focusing in the wrong *

jpb likes this.
  2. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Jansen surrounded himself with Celtic men in his backroom.
    Mowbray looked the same when he played for us.

3. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Yeah but it's clutching a bit to try and talk up an underwhelming appointment and not really relevant concerning winning games of football. If we hired a Benitez or someone with no prior connections to the club/city would you be chasing them?

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Nah, but I’d certainly be hoping they pick up the landscape and adapt to the Goldfish bowl that is Glasgow and the pressure of Celtic very, very quickly.

Always a bit of a worry when we get somebody who’s new to the club that they might not adapt.

Easter Rd Davie and StPauli1916 like this.
  5. StevieBhoooy!

That’s what should happen ..

But who is it that usually takes the blame and gets rocketed when a football team fails?

6. boylebhoy95

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    100% no. Unambitious, pathetic appointment. The appointment of Rodgers was clearly a blip rather than the start of a trend.

Gully Sands and The IRA like this.
  7. Goggzy60

The manager sadly but Lenny can only be blamed if we spend the money on who he wants and still fail.

8. mayo

A safe bet for the ten if he gets backed properly imo.
    A born winner, knows the standards expected and a solid managerial record.
    This isn't half as bad as people are making it out to be.

9. Easter Rd Davie Once a Celt, Always a Celt Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    In The Heat of Lisbon
    Exactly - but it all depends on whether he is backed by the Board...hopefully if they had Lenny in mind for all these weeks then there has been at least a semblance of planning for next season, as we certainly need some reinforcements
    :treble::ynwacelti

mayo likes this.
  10. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    He’s not Rafa Benitez, but the players love him and that’s enough for me

Westlondonscot likes this.
  11. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    I'm happy enough.

Said from day one I wouldn't be too fussed either way.

I think Lawell started the Moyes rumour though, so we'd all be relieved when Lenny stayed.

12. mayo

Lennys no idiot. He knows better than anyone what's at stake. No way he's putting pen to paper unless Lawell promises to back him.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  13. Seosamh Máirtín

Failed to qualify for CL...got mugged off in previous seasons...look unlikely to qualify again next season...yeah, we're killing it domestically, but the club couldn't be further away from being CL quality and Lennon won't help us get there, in my opinion. I love the man, but it was time for a change.

Gully Sands likes this.
  14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Its not the potential signings (although i dont imagine there to be many) that i find disappointing with this move.

Its the tactical guile (or lack thereof) that he showed at hibs and with us.

Granted hibs are pish and if lenny himself is believed he didnt make wholesale tactical changes when he took over.

Then again, despite the donestic success, managers in the spl had Fraudgers' tactics sussed after a season, weve been skating by on the superior quality of our squad for a full season now.

One lenny does know is what a defender looks like, something the snake is woefully ignorant of. Lenny also has the ability to be pragmatic (we havent seen it this spell though), another thing the snake is unable to do.

Lets hope and pray that these past few months were indeed lenny being pragmatic to the situation and that he can bring in his own ideas whilst keeping what was goid about the previous incumbents tenure.

Theres no way to know until the summer when we see some movement in the transfer market.

For now. He has my full support, as he should.

jpb likes this.
  15. chukie ar la

This is so fkd up. Screwed by our own board.
    They have put NL’s head on a block.
    When results don’t go well, the abuse from the stands will be too much.
    NL will craic and turn on those fans and the place will be a laughing stock.
    Fkd up thanks to PL

oh bhoy likes this.
  16. oh bhoy

How many shots on target have we had since Lennon took over? Long ball * no * style,back to hoofing the ball no amount of its not my players is gonna change the fact he ain't the man for the job this will set us back years.lawwell must think Kennedy has Rodgers box of tricks and we don't need a top manager.

17. northeast67

Got to hope they give Lennon the players he wants and quick so they can settle in before it all starts again, need a good 2 players min for each position so Kt and Cm don't have to turn out each week!
    Spend the cash, and here's hoping Lenny plays atacking football but with counter attack option in Europe.
    He needs Help from the board and a good 2nd in command like Larsson id be over the moon.

18. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

19. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Bottom line...John Kennedy survives again. Man has the midas touch

20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I would have rather had Stevie Clarke if we weren't going all out for a massive name. Think he is an excellent manager, dunno if he could handle the grief though. Doubt hed have come. Wonder if we ever asked the question.
    So fly the way the board has went about this which makes me worry they'll RIP the * with minimal backing for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.