1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeremie Frimpong

If you think that Neil Lennon is a middling manager, and you were against his appointment, you are a rat?

Shut the * up. :giggle1:

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Did I say that? Or you going out your way to be an offended wee fud again?

jj81 likes this.
  3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Cheers Taz, love that expressing so many ideas in few words, I've used twice as many and forgot what I was talking about.

Forgive me for not addressing every point at the same time. No scratch that, as McG would say, thank me for not addressing every point heh cause no one really wants to wish for the sun to refuse to shine.

I'm interested in why you created the paradigm of 10 years? Are you saying everything before that was Kelly influenced prosaic? I know the Kelly during Jock and Fallon's era did some cool stuff but overall the family were the originators of the biscuit tin, taking the fans money and not really committing to anything else?

What has changed in the last 10 years? Man if I get this first question wrong I'm * cause I wrote a load of stuff when reading all your other points :56:

Edit: Ffs I'm name dropping the Kellys in 2009 :35: :bash:

jj81 likes this.
  4. HailHoopy

Aye they were on some run, and they played some ugly stuff that made them difficult to break down. I still think we had enough and should have got through that tie though. I forgot all about Lustig. The warning signs were there with Lustig as far back as that and we still haven't addressed the RB position.

Shame cause I really like Lustig, and he loves us. It's hard watching him decline like this.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    They let us control the game because they knew they were comfortable defending against us and could hit us on the counter.

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. Jeremie Frimpong

Who were you talking about, then? Name names.

Your post above is the definition of snideness; ironic, eh?

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aw aye, definitely, * being snide about a Celtic legend I will be snide about. Any issues with that?

Just have a wee look on twitter and see what some ‘fans’ are saying. Talking like pure wee Hun *.

The full fact that you’ve got sand in your * about that is hilarious though, sort out yer blouse and enjoy the Treble Treble hen

8. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Absolutely spot on!!

However,

You can back the man, love the club and genuinely think this is a very decent appointment too.......without phrases like clueless, no idea, idiots thrown into the mix.

Said since he came in that my main worry isn't him but the Mr Lawwell's chequebook. This has moved on and he knows this. The guy has to be backed. If he is i have no worries!!!

ps- @Richmal you're genuinely good value mate!!:56::smoke:

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  9. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    It'll all hinge on this transfer window imo. If he gets the funds, which Peter Lawell says he will, and he strengthens then all well and good.

If not and we struggle at the start then we need to replace him ASAP.

I think a lot of people need to remember, myself included as I'm not his biggest fan either, that he was the one that signed Van Dijk, Wanyama, Ledley, Hooper, Kayal etc.

I genuinely wish him all the best and every success I'm just very coy around the whole situation.

10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Not pish at all.

The signings of bayo, gutman, perez and shved were all brought im with expectation that both Fraudgers was leaving and replacements would needed.

That was our spend... all in just under 5m... which is exactly the type of pish our board pull on an annual basis.

Larsson leaves... draft in * henri camara on a loan

Lose fraser forster... draft in a broken down keeper who'd been out of the game for literally years

Lose vvd and denayer... sign boyata for 1.5m and loan for tyler * blackett

Fraudgers was given a bit of leeway for his first season... now the board want to reign it all in again. Our board move in cycles of backing a manager, then putting them in a financial choke hold. Its why MON left... its why lennon left... and its why Fraudgers left.

Ffs we replaced a 20m pound striker with a 2m pound project found in the * end of nowhere with ONE season under his * belt.

When we expected to lose boyata in january what was our answer... jack * hendry.

Tierney breaking down? Needs cover? Lets bring in an ex player who basically needs a * zimmer to get about.

The cost cutting has begun. Anyone thinking otherwise is * deluded.

11. jj81

In nutshell

CheGuevara likes this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    @LectersLuncheon we signed Eddy for £9m. Who has replaced Dembele this season.

There’s plenty ammo to fling at Lawwell without making * up

jj81 and StPauli1916 like this.
  13. johnfife1959

We can have a high end manager after the 10 in a row, but at the moment I want a safe pair of hands. Not someone who will come in to either increase their own stock or treat us as a project ala Ronny.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Surprised he’s no blamed Craig Gordon yet.

15. jj81

List myva

Where is youre ,@

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He has

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I’m too hungover to notice.

18. Jeremie Frimpong

If you are accusing people on here of such behaviour, you should name them. If not, carry on.

You need new patter: casual sexism is unbecoming.

Valhalla likes this.
  19. clonbhoy

I would love to know what has been happening behind closed doors. At no point did Lennon's body language suggest he thought he was going to get the job. Look how passive he was at Ibrox, for example. What were the board saying to him during this time? Was he under the impression it was a job interview, which resulted in him trying to play lads like Tierney who weren't fit?
    This is obviously conjecture, but the whole thing seems to have been badly handled by the board to me and has done for a while.

johnfife1959 likes this.
  20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think it was a massive problem for the board after the disarray Rodgers left us in. He gave us the impression the modern world still has space for lifetime bonds, fans who when they say they love the club really mean it.

He destroyed that, and Lenny is going to restore our faith because when he's came back to help us because that's what a real fan does, he doesn't have to name drop folk in Heaven for us to get doey eyed about.

Just cause we're not part of the monied elite doesn't mean our status as the best team in the world is challenged, we always have been and always will be.