1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticfan01, May 26, 2019.

Discuss [POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    No, I’m still really disappointed and the way it was announced * me right off.

Lawwell coming out with his * propaganda, saying he would have got the job even if we lost! Really why didn’t he appoint him after the league was won.

It was like a bet between Lawwell and DD if he completed the treble Lawwell get his cheap option.

Don’t get me wrong I’m grateful that Lennon stepped in, what he done for the club as a player and manager in the past.

We should be moving forward and this for me is going backwards.

Of course I will support and back him but I’ve got major concerns for the coming season.

SuperZidane likes this.
  2. RockhardBoss

I wanted a marquee manager but I'm sure it wasn't financially viable or we simply couldn't sell that level of coach the job.

I wanted Lennon appointed asap if we couldn't lure a special candidate, so happy to go forward with him.

Hopefully we'll see some swift transfer activity and Lennon will be suitably backed.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  3. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    If it comes out that we have been talking to other high caliber managers, but we couldn't get one, I'm happy with Lenny. If we haven't properly explored the other options, the board are asleep at the wheel. If we don't win the 10, Lawell should call it a day.

4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Hibs fans werent arsed when he was canned and sevco fans are absolutely delighted that hes been appointed.

Says it all.

* the board.

5. Bunk Moreland

We definitely haven't explored other options, Lawwell himself said they had candidates approach us about the job but we didn't speak to anyone about it. This whole thing was set up from the moment Rodgers told the board he was off to Leicester.

6. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    In a nutshell no. I hope I’m wrong but it’s one more suboptimal decision towards handing Sevco the initiative. If they under invest in the summer then what an own goal that’ll be.

7. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

No, it stinks of a lack of ambition and performances under him have been dire. But it's done now so we have no choice but to back him.

I'd be delighted for him to prove me wrong.

ChrisMoh, TimFloyd and neilly1987 like this.
  8. jamiebhoy67

Is he going to have a DOF???

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Malky Mackay or Di Canio. :fear:

Seán Mac D and HailHoopy like this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Who cares about them or what they think, they shouldn't even be part of the conversation, we've won the last 9 domestic trophies, * the huns !

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not in the slightest. But he’s here now so needs to be backed by the board.

Keano88 likes this.
  12. Maestro 08

Yes. He's earned it and has made all the right noises regarding next season. Talking about squad overhauls as this one has reached the end of its cycle, needs an injection of quality and freshness. Teams have worked our style of play out (that was pre Lennon as well btw). All the things the fans have been wanting Lennon has more or less addressed in the past couple of months. He clearly stated he has kept everything the same from Rodgers time as that was the right thing to do for this squad, he was correct but now he will do things his way. He's not first choice for many but that kind of reaction to him will ensure he comes out to prove everyone wrong, that's the type of character he is. Also as others have said, we have continuity now, targets have been identified, the squad has been assessed and plans for next season are in place. That shouldn't be underestimated considering how quickly things come around again. And anyone stating the 'huns are happy'. Who gives a *!!! Your a bigger moron than them if you listen to their *. I wouldn't take their opinion on anything, ever. They are world champions of being delusional, clueless, thick *!

13. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    But can he play center back?

StPauli1916 likes this.
  14. Aidan O’Shea

Benitez or almost anyone else we’ve been linked to.

15. john2061

i have have went from happy to grumpy in the space of a hour yesterday when lenny was offered the job and the next two seasons will be the biggest in celtics history and this is the best the board can come up with.
    If this goes wrong i expect lawwell and desmmond to be * chased out the club as the ambition at the club is shocking and this have gave sevco a shot in the arm with this appointment .

16. StevieBhoooy!

Or the moment they suspected/knew he was offski...

Lennys ‘departure’ from Hibs was rather TOO serendipitous. You have to wonder where the planning for this appointment actually started.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, Director of Football, Scouting and Recruitment..

I give you Peter Lawell

Gyp Rosetti and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. scootz

Who gives a monkeys * about what Sevco fans think (other than you - obviously!)?

Maestro 08 and StPauli1916 like this.
  19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    In an ideal world no.

The Celtic board raised the bar when they got Rodgers, 13,000 people in Celtic park and record season book sales told you that.

Sinclair, Dembele, Toure told you we where signing top quality players.

However when Rodgers left it was a marriage of convenience for me, was end February and Lenny was available, I for one was delighted he was available, the tangible relief that night at Tynecastle with the last minute winner was sheer relief for everyone associated with the club.

Now let’s not kid ourselves we have stumbled our way over the line and the last 18 months have been pish to watch bar maybe 15 - 20 games and that’s me being generous.

This team is at the end of its cycle, 8 players out of contact, 4 loan deals ending and another 4 players who need rid!

Lennon tactically against the huns looked lost at Ibrox, they deserved the win.

At home to livingston and Aberdeen it was 10 men behind the ball by both and was dire, anything he tried he couldn’t change.

But the fact of the matter is he won the games that mattered the most, he got us over the line, the players seem to love him going by the comments of Broony and Forrest.

Whoever reportedly said “Brendan didn’t shout at us” needs sold and told to get to *.

He has the job, he needs the backing and that’s from the board and the fans.

We have a massive rebuild this summer especially at the back.

The tactics will change we will go back to 2 up top under Lennon and it won’t be 10 passes across the back it will be go for the jugular.

People saying this that and the other about next season let’s see how both The top 6 teams squads look come the close of the window on 2nd September cause if Celtic had signed Stewart, Jones and Hastie as freebies I would be * bricks!

What’s done is done, what will be will be today is the present, yesterday was history and tomorrow is a mystery!

One often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it!

We might ultimately meet our destiny of 10 in a row on the road we didn’t really want to take!

Or else it could end in tears!

But that’s the chance we decided we had to take!

m8ybhoy and ChrisMoh like this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Didn’t want him as manager, was disappointed when it was announced, but I’ve never thought he was a bad manager or that he’d be a bad choice.

richardm, Rydo1888*, Keano88 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.