1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticfan01, May 26, 2019.

Discuss [POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubliner1

This nonsense that football has evolved is total bollox. The game of football hasn't changed. It's still 11 v 11. U need the right players to play the methodology that you require.

rkid likes this.
  2. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    He deserved to get the job.

Sydneysider likes this.
  3. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    This notion of us getting mourinho or Rafa was all pie in the sky nonsense. Rafa was moaning about lack of budget at a team that gave him 40 million to spend this season. Mourinho can get a job anywhere in Europe. The only reason we got rodgers in the first place was because he’s a Celtic man from a Celtic family who seen the opportunity to manage us and rebuild his rep, nothing more. Lennon is a safer and better appointment than going to Smalle leagues around Europe and getting an unprover manager who doesn’t know the league or the club and it’s expectations.

That’s another thing, you need to find a manager that can handle the absolutely ridiculous expectations of our fans. It’s a symptom of us winning all the time. literally 3/4 of people answering this poll aren’t happy at all with a manager who has lost 1 game in 14 since his appointment and secured a treble treble :52:

4. Orsenfelt

No.

My main worry is that he doesn't seem to know what actually made Rodgers team so successful - and the changes required to make it a successful Lennon team will take longer than we have the luxury to give him.

There's all this pish about big game players. It's just not true. We dominated because we were technically a better team. We didn't go 50+ games unbeaten by sheer stubborn mental fortitude, we did it by being so far ahead of everyone else that we weren't put under mental pressures to begin with. Fitness, technique, systems, analysis. That's what people mean when they talk about 'modern' football.

I think there's a massive difference between a 'dig-in, never say die attitude' and confidence. We weren't determined not to lose, we were confident we would win.

It's also why, I think, European nights got steadily worse under Rodgers. Every time a technically superior team scudded us we lost confidence and just started folding in any game that looked like we couldn't out play the opposition.

Lennon can build a winning team his way - but I don't think he can do it starting with this team in one transfer window. Which is what we need to do if the 10 is still going to happen.

We very well might win the league and a cup, we probably will be tougher to beat in Europe - but it comes at the cost of watching a season of scrappy backs to the wall performances and when it's like that it's not impossible for it to go horribly wrong.

m8ybhoy, Keano88 and Free the Adblock like this.
  5. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Listen to him in the post match. He’s as frustrated as us by the playing style. Lennon likes to play fast paced attacking football and once he gets a pre season and his own players you’ll see the improvement

StPauli1916 and Sydneysider like this.
  6. Onefootwonder

I think this is a really poor decision and a massive step backwards. I'm actually annoyed about it.

Yes I will always support the team and I will always appreciate what Lennon has done and achieved with the club, but things have to move forward.

Are we really going to hire the cheap option as a manager and give him a massive transfer kitty? I can't see that at all.

We needed a quality manager that could get the best out of players like Rodgers. The last 3 months players have all deteriorated badly and look seriously uninterested. I fear this negativity has set in and will carry forward.

I'm genuinely worried.

7. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Im glass half full so im thinking
    Lenny will have some proper money to spend because our wage bill is going to be alot less, we have cash in the bank
    and he said himself he needed assurances before taking the job . Couple this with the fact Lenny is capable of pulling the odd rabiit out of the hat (VVD, Wanyama ) , or the fact he knows what type of proven players will have an impact at this club ( Ledley , Mulgrew , Hooper, Stokes , Commons ) - could be a really good summer window.
    The Celtic job is all about avoiding catastrophe in the next two season , we have the resources to pull away again that other lot are getting bosmans and loans in . Lenny will be fine .

ChrisMoh and Dubliner1 like this.
  8. Dubliner1

Why did you NOT state the same when we were struggling for weeks when Brendan was our manager? That quality manager couldn't get the best out of them back then as well. We all know the team needs freshened up. Come back and then and say what it is then.

rkid likes this.
  9. dmac

Lets be honest it didn't matter who any of us would have preferred for the job Peter Lawell made the decision and we don't have a say in it and never will the more monstrous comes in to the club and stays there the bigger the bonus for him. Is Lennon the right choice time will tell.

10. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    100% this. Lennon came in to a team that was in a decent bit of form but had been underperforming in the league for the best part of 2 seasons. Finished last season with 82 points, going through plenty of spells where we were struggling to break teams down and dropping a lot of points. Lennon came in, only lost once in 3 months and won us the league and cup. I know performances weren’t ideal but what are you supposed to do with a squad who had been stabbed in the back and left with 1 coach out of the entire back room team. Let Lenny get his coaches in and his players in and you’ll see an improvement in our performances

Dubliner1 and StPauli1916 like this.
  11. jj81

74% dont , so can I buy your SB? I wont be there , id get to 5 at most, but family will take mine wait I hear Bob Dylan

12. Aidan O’Shea

No, and anyone who is lacks sense and ambition.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  13. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Who would you have went for instead out of interest

14. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    No the man i wanted but now the drinks wore off its definitely not the worst we could have done. I will now support him to the hilt. The one thing i would say is Lennon needs better player whereas a better manager can get more out the boys we have. Luckily Lennon is very good at getting good players.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  15. oh bhoy

That fat * lawwell can't control a top manager .he wants Everything his way not whats best for the team cheap * needs to go.I thought this sort of megalomania was to end after the kellys/white

Gully Sands likes this.
  16. stew37

I'm just looking forward to getting started again and hopefully Lenny proving a lot of folk wrong. I suspected it would be his job, although I'd hoped for someone else. I understand why people are disappointed but it is what it is, so we all need to back him now.

17. Onefootwonder

The difference is I always has confidence that Rodgers had the ability to make something happen.

We had a lot of poor performances, but we still turned up when needed in nearly all cases. I never had any doubt we would win the league without an issue.

Since Lennon has come in we've barely had a good game. The players look slow, unfit and totally off form and it doesn't appear he can do anything to change that..

18. seanm

Guys im more worried the board wont splash the cash .last time lenny left was precisely because of this so i am assuming he made * sure he has money to bring in good players or he wont take the gig .HH.out last night and huns are raging ie rodgers was ok as in he didnt girfuy which lenny will .they are doubly or trebly * raging that straight after final lenny is given the job lol.what a time for our supporters.oh and by the way we all need to be contacting bbs spoty show to get celtic the team of the season .ffs. three trebles and bot a whiff of winning.cnuts.

19. Bunk Moreland

Not in the slightest, everyone loves Lenny but he's just not that good a manager, certainly not good enough to take us forward but good enough for us to stumble our way to another few SPFL titles.

The least satisfying thing about it all is that Peter Lawwell said there were approaches to us about the job yet we didn't even bother to speak to them about it. This whole thing has been set up since the day Lennon was appointed as caretaker, the board didn't want to * off the fans by going from Snake Rodgers to a permanent Neil Lennon so made up this caretaker position bullshit then as soon as the Treble Treble was sealed and fans are happy they announce what they intended all along. I've given PL a lot of backing over the years but right now I'm * raging with him and the rest of the board.

20. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.