1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticfan01, May 26, 2019.

Discuss [POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’m a big fan of Neil Lennon, however, he would never have been my choice at this point. It is a big step down from the quality and experience BR brought.

With a BR calibre, I see a manager of a club with a big picture outlook. With Lennon I see nothing more than a first team coach if you will but a very good one at that. Again though, it’s not what I was hoping for to kick this ‘club’ on to different levels of development and progress.

To break it down somewhat, we won’t make big strides in Europe unless the distribution of money changes globally or stricter caps on transfers, Homebased players, who can qualify for what Euro competition or a different Euro league setup is introduced. Those are out with our control but what is in our control is the choices we make in how we develop our club, the staff and the players from youth up to the first team.

We see RB Salzburg and the Ajax model, this type of planning and execution is attainable for us in a small league but only with the correct manager, resource and infrastructure. This is what BR began to bring to our club and this is what we needed to continue.

Does Lennon have the credentials to continue that path, in my opinion, no. Is there someone at Celtic who as a director of football that will guide a Lennon down that path, no.

This is not about just winning domestic trophies, aiming for a 3x4 and 10iar, it’s about progressing as a club for the future and for me, he’s the wrong choice.

:: just to appease the super sensitive folk, i’ll repeat, I love Neil Lennon and I will support as I do with every player and manager at the club.

HH GB

2. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    The longer we waited for a new manager to be appointed, the worse it would have been for us. Then eventually, realistically who would we have ended up with, Moyes or someone ?! The work starts now for Lennon, a mass clear out in the summer and his own players coming in. We have a solid group of players who know how to win things to add too. Give him a chance to make his own stamp on the team and hopefully the board will back him too

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. ORIGINALS

4. chukie ar la

No way. #no ambition

SuperZidane likes this.
  5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

P
    Agreed buddy, and we will all be there to support him. Just feels a bit of a backward step. Lenny is hardly old, I just feel his style is a bit dated.

More than happy to be proven wrong.

6. DonnyCelt

No. Complete lack of ambition by the board. I will get behind Lennon but as I said yesterday I do not expect him to be backed in the transfer market

7. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    How could anyone with any kind of ambition for Celtic - a club that has a turnover of over 100m - be satisfied with the outcome of a managerial process where only one candidate - whose previous clubs couldn't wait to get of him - was ever considered for the job?

Worse still, Lennon getting the job wasn't event contingent on him securing the Treble - a defeat in the final and he'd still have got it. What a dreadful dereliction of duty this has been. Why can't we be like Ajax? Well there's your answer.

8. JamesM09

I honestly think this is a shocking and terrible decision which shows a complete lack of any ambition.

Anyone watching the level of performance we’ve had under Lennon will surely see he’s not the right man for the job anymore.

Considering so many fans didn’t want this to happen I think the way it was announced was disgusting.

I sincerely hope it works out but I really can’t see us doing anything other than regressing.

bubbs, SuperZidane and neilly1987 like this.
  9. themouth1888

I've said no because I think the board see it as a cheap option which in my opinion means we wont spend much.

So it's more a no against the board than Lennon

bubbs, TIART and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  10. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    It’s clear where the boards ambitions are. Reduce wage bill, downsize, whilst making a profit. Will genuinely be surprised if we spend 10m in the summer, when we will probably get around 20m in player sales if Rogic ntcham and Sinclair are off.

neilly1987 and crazy-horse1977 like this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Yes I am. I think too many thought we would bring in big name managers who earn 100 to 300k a week life Rafa or Mourinho. If we paid them that it would kill money to sign players. Also who really wants to manage in this * league (it is *, 30 of the games are against a team with 8 to 10 behind the ball}

There will be money available as I think last summer the reason for few signings was the bloated squad size so salary money wasn't there. Half a dozen out of contract plus a few more sales as players like Rogic, Sinclair and Ntcham seem to be living off past glories

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

No, but I'll back him 100%

13. jj81

Satisfied-yes
    Disappointed- no

Sums me up , wanted the fairytale of Rafa etc , now its lenny we support him

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Absolutely not. But I'll support him.

15. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Absolutely not, reeks of complacency. I'm a bit fearful for next season based on a lot of performances in recent months. Hopefully a full pre-season will change that and we'll hit the ground running. Also improve the obvious areas in the summer, one thing from Lenny's previous reign was that we did end signing gems like Van Dijk, Wanyama, Kayal, Lustig, Izzy, etc.

bubbs, neilly1987 and Peej like this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It seems on the whole, everyone loves the man and would undoubtedly want him to do great things again with us.
    But a lot of that is a combination of sentiment and the never ending wish that the board are actually going to back him.

This boards been in place 16 years, of those 16 years how many years have we actually been satisfied with the backing this board have given any manager?

The success of Lennon here seems set on the ability of the board to back him, I don't hold much hope on that one.

As much as I want it to happen, we have been stung by this board too often in regards to backing managers when needed.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

bubbs and bhoy_wonder like this.
  17. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    NO ! I am fekkin not satisfied .

18. JamesM09

The only hope we have of salvaging this situation is if we invest heavily in a professional backroom team that Lennon is forced to work with.

It seems to me they tried to bring in Deila before to do that because Lennon was too busy bevvying and Lennon took the huff and left.

I don’t see what has changed so surely they will get a proper backroom team in.

19. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    If we get a good dof it may not be that bad but he clearly needs to get up to date with sport science and the more technical side of football. He needs funds (obviously) and if he is properly backed I expect us to wipe the floor with the scum but I'm still pished and dont know what I'm talking about. Triple treble hail hail

20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    This terrible situation of winning a treble treble you mean ? * I hope things never get this bad again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.