1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's the money?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 26, 2019.

Discuss Where's the money? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    First off... love Lenny. Delighted for him. I think its the wrong choice, but time will tell.

Make no mistake.

This is the CHEAP OPTION.

Christ this is the guy who reportedly wants an over the hill left back, who was over the hill 4 years ago to stay.

So wheres the money? Our transfer spend in the last window was less than the * bonus Peter Lawell got.

5 windows now weve been short changed. 5.

And now we learn that the 9m we got for Fraudgers will be added to the pile.

Lawell famously claimed that the real hoops fans are a "silent majority", who understand the complexity of transfer spending and are not willing to see club plunged into debt to appease the loud ones.

In the same interview, he claimed "every penny is reinvested, goes back into the club". Then he claimed, "there is no pile".

There is. He's a * liar. Simple maths tells you we have a pile of at least 40m sitting there. Its not being reinvested. Its not being put to use where it is needed most, the squad. * me, any conspiracy theorist might start to sympathise with crazy hun logics that we're about to pay out 10's of millions for boys club compos.

Im * sick of plan b. Its always plan b. Again, I love Lenny, but this is a plan b appointment. I doubt any real effort was made to find plan a.

But heres Lenny. A man who knows that he's in a privileged position. Ready made to to behave, to acquiesce, to obey. Prepare yourselves for s lustig extention. Prepare for an izzy one too. Prepare for another Benkovic loan and no CB being bought.

We have a board and a majority owner determined to deliver success with minimum investment. Reactionary behaviour at its finest. Sevco are skint so theres no danger seems to be the rationale. Meanwhile we bounce from one european humilation to the next.

Again. Wheres the * money?

Or should I say... wheres OUR * money?

Is it a hotel? Perhaps a light/sound system? Maybe a new hybrid pitch?

Wonder what it will be next season. Which boondoggle will our illustrious board point to when asked where all our * money is after another tragic window?

Enough is enough.

bhoy81, freitassen, oh bhoy and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    They're saving all the money in case they need to make payouts to victims of historic child abuse cases. Our big summer signing is going to be Alan Brazil.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think our running costs will take up more of our expenditure, than people realise.

We undoubtedly have money to spend, but I’m always sceptical when people assume we have the large reserve ready to be splurged.

If anyone with knowledge of the figures can correct me then I’m all ears.

Bayern Bru likes this.
  4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Even if we did have £40m sitting there it's a very difficult balance now the CL group stages are harder to reach. We had a good run where we were making them often enough to give us £20m a year to play with but say we splash the £40m on prospective talent who will get us into the group stages, that would be an enormous gamble because I don't know if that fiscal policy has ever been proven to succeed long term?

I do wish we were braver but I don't know if Lenny is a cheap option. I will reconsider it if anyone can suggest a legitimate alternative, the amount of money that would attract them and the amount left that they could attract European quality players with?

5. Henke102

Team this season has been held together by gaffer tape. Everyone knew we needed signings in the transfer window, BR clearly had options waiting and the Board never pulled the trigger on them. We then go and get pumped out of Europe in what should have been a * easy route to 30 million. Saved me 100 odd quid and not having to watch us get pumped though.

Moussa gets sold on the last day of the Window and never gets replaced. French Eddie and Moussa would have been * hot this season and would have saved me gaining a good few grey hairs in some of the close calls we have had this season in the league. If we had kept Moussa, bought McGinn and Piccini (or someone of that level) we would have made great strides in building a spine of a team

That money from Moussa Dembele not reinvested back into the club.

BR for as much as the guy is a snake, clearly seen the board for what they are...unambitious and not supportive of the management. I assume this was a factor in him speeding up the process of getting the * out (the disaster of a transfer window). Money is clearly being hoarded with absolutely no intention of getting spent. The board are playing a risky as * game, as if the huns stop the 10, they will get hunted, or at the very least lose a shitload of ST sales in protest.

6. Martybhoy53

The dough is being invested in Lawwell's retirement fund.

7. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Rumours of a Celtic Golf Course being built on the outskirts of Glasgow.

8. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    The usual speculate to accumulate line will be trotted out shortly :giggle1:

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We won a treble treble. Lennon walked last time he wasnt getting backed, the man will do the same again if hes not backed.

Plus, we can finally play how everycunt here has moaned about since ronny took over. 2 * strikers!!! Yas!!!

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Honda, your a * babe and correct. MON THE QUATREBLE!!!

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The solution is for a manager to finally call out the * if not backed. Nobody had the stones to hit at the board, and that's why we have issues every transfer window.

12. murphy88

Rodgers walked because he wasn't getting backed and has been slaughtered. His timing was shocking granted, however that doesn't change the fact that the board made his mind up for him to leave. If he had stayed and done the treble and walked this summer then the board would be in the firing line from the fans, that seems to be forgotten about due to the way Rodgers left us. The board let him down with McGinn and then allowed our best striker to leave with 20 minutes left of the transfer window with no back up in mind. The board have now taken the cheap option of appointing Lennon, and it will be the same old story in the transfer window this year again. We will go into the Champs League qualifiers again this season with the board waiting to see if we qualify before spending a penny.

bhoy81, oh bhoy and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  13. DonnyCelt

* fantastic post mate. Agree 100%

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lots of fair points, but indeed, Rodgers walked... without directly accusing the board.

15. themouth1888

Fans are being shafted as usual. I'm always accused as being negative etc.. . but no * it WE make investment EVERY YEAR without fail so they should so the same in return.

Sick of us being treated the way we are by the board.

Make no mistake lack of a CB cost us the champions league last season. That was all just one * player

In one of Ronny's seasons we didn't have a strike and ended up losing out to Maribor and had VVD as emergency striker at the end. Again make no mistake money spent on a striker that close season would have seen the champions league.

I'm not talking spending 10's of millions. We aren't in that market but 2-5mil players and in the case of the CB last season and the striker with Ronny we would have made money back 10 fold.

Ffs we coined in the money for Dembele and bought a project in with Bayo and even then haggled for long enough .

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  16. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

I'm fairly certain Rodgers did throw the board under the bus after last summers transfer window?

17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can't remember it being a direct accusation.

18. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I tgink we will get 9million plus anytging we sell

19. GAA_Celtic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    No
    Next thing there will be Celtic Rugby Club ffs stick to the football

20. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player: