1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Fair enough hope he sends Helen back down the road though since she moved up here that’s when his dip in form started! Tbf I would have dip in form is she was riding me every night!

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He'll still go for me..

Came on and got brushed off the ball straight away today and we were scrambling in the box to get it away..

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I still think he will go too McGuire only reason we signed him to that additional year. People saying we will be lucky to get £1m back imo I still think you could get £2.5m plus back from him for a low epl or too championship club

4. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    but he would have brought competition and that brings an edge, championship poty we missed out

5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I suppose in this position it was only right to offer him the job, the squad needs a major turnover that’s been 3 years overdue. Lennon is the safe option and means less needs to be spent on a new manager and more on the squad (hopefully).

Rydo1888* likes this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He didn’t win championship poty that was Pukki

7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @Maximillian just checked McGinn didn’t even make the championship team of the season for Villa.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye he isn't even getting a look in under Lenny so it seems strange why he'd want to keep him as our top earner, sitting on the bench..

He wouldn't get a game in the EPL at all for me. Maybe going back close to home to Bristol City or something for a couple mill odd would be decent business..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    would you rather johnny hayes in the squad ? he needs to go Sinclair is a better option too.

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Here Johnny did well today but wouldn’t be a miss if him and scotty left

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not my preferred choice.

100% behind him though.

Mon!!!! :lenny1:

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What he said!

Rydo1888* likes this.
  13. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I always feel Players are more important than gaffers and ourbgaffer needs a shitload of help now in that department.

Needs 5 new players bare minimum. Right back, centre back, goalie and centre mid all of top (Europa League) quality. I’d like another striker too as Griffiths may never be the same again whilst this Bayo boy is yet another complete gamble who could be Larsson, likely to be Bangura. Also 1000% need good back up left back as we’ve ran Tierney into the ground four years now, he’ll need a solid 3 months off.

Get rid of more than 20 wage stealers and although I like them, sell Rogic and NtCham for 6 million at least each to fund good replacements.

jpb likes this.
  14. jj81

Time to rally , no point on the ifs and buts , it's done ( he wont say no ) we all know we will back him so no point being negative now nothing will change it , will be sweeter anyway having him as manager when we hit 9 and 10.

The board must step up big time here.

15. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I don't mind being held to my word here and I had a few. Lennon will secure us 10 in a row and probably more. I think he will do better (than rodgers) in Europe too. I don't see him doing the treble next year but we need to look at this objectively. Brendan, mourinho, AVB, benitez or Moyes, completing 4 trebles in a row is hugely unlikely. That's why a treble treble is so special.

What annoys me more is this idea Lennon has never managed a big club before. Is anyone missing the idea he managed us before!? Are we also missing the idea he signed two players that about to play in a CL final!? Or is anyone missing the fact that alot of the current squad had been signed by Lennon? From the back. Gordon - maybe identified by lennon. RB - lustig. Izzy - came and gone. Forrest - came through with Lennon. Bitton - in and out the squad but still here. Griffith's - brilliant signing, Especially for the fee, rogic has developed plenty. Then commons was a great signing and retired with us. Kayal is a great player for Brighton. Ledley had a decent career. Ironically it was hooper that had a absolute shocker after leaving us despite being the star man.

And the last thing i will say, he still spent less than Rodgers over a longer period of time. When everyone is saying Lennon is a step back from Rodgers you should look at the facts.

Lennon is a brilliant manager. Not mmny managers in this world have kick started a 10 in a row. Signed aa wanyam, signed a vvd. Beat Barcelona 2-1 despite not evening having 10% of their budget. Also getting to the last 16 of CL on lesser budget than the all knowing snake. And let's remember the squad Lennon inherited the first time round, a total rescue mission from mowbray. Brendan had work to do but deila didn't leave the squad in a state of ruin, it was just wansnt not brilliant.

We should be proud of Lennon. I have no doubt he will prove the doubters wrong.

16. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

People seem to forget Lenny left us before. For whatever reason

17. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What “big name” is actually going to come to the SPL?

Seriously? Everybody is getting way ahead of themselves. Rodgers came to use us as a stepping stone to repair his career.

Some of the names being quoted were pie in the sky and the others totally uninspiring.

Our only single priority are the 38 league games next year and the year after that.

Everything else can wait.

The cheating and pain inflicted by Dead Cheats FC will be driven into dust when we put this whole country to the sword with 10.

Let’s support our manager and team.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Oh, and let’s celebrate the history we made today

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Kieran1967

Sacked by Bolton & Hibs, * woeful appointment. Fair play for stepping up when the rat dipped but appointing lennon permanently is a major step backwards.

Garrymac1888 and pop47 like this.
  20. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Again, challenge the facts as they are -

I don't see him doing the treble next year but we need to look at this objectively. Brendan, mourinho, AVB, benitez or Moyes, completing 4 trebles in a row is hugely unlikely. That's why a treble treble is so special.

What annoys me more is this idea Lennon has never managed a big club before. Is anyone missing the idea he managed us before!? Are we also missing the idea he signed two players that about to play in a CL final!? Or is anyone missing the fact that alot of the current squad had been signed by Lennon? From the back. Gordon - maybe identified by lennon. RB - lustig. Izzy - came and gone. Forrest - came through with Lennon. Bitton - in and out the squad but still here. Griffith's - brilliant signing, Especially for the fee, rogic has developed plenty. Then commons was a great signing and retired with us. Kayal is a great player for Brighton. Ledley had a decent career. Ironically it was hooper that had a absolute shocker after leaving us despite being the star man.

And the last thing i will say, he still spent less than Rodgers over a longer period of time. When everyone is saying Lennon is a step back from Rodgers you should look at the facts.

Lennon is a brilliant manager. Not mmny managers in this world have kick started a 10 in a row. Signed aa wanyam, signed a vvd. Beat Barcelona 2-1 despite not evening having 10% of their budget. Also getting to the last 16 of CL on lesser budget than the all knowing snake. And let's remember the squad Lennon inherited the first time round, a total rescue mission from mowbray. Brendan had work to do but deila didn't leave the squad in a state of ruin, it was just wansnt not brilliant.

We should be proud of Lennon. I have no doubt he will prove the doubters wrong.

StPauli1916 and blackfish like this.