1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Football has not been good but were winning, Football has been on the decline since Rodgers season 1 though. changes needed but Edouard steps up again in a big game , you get what you pay for i guess.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Brexit in a post.

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
  4. MattD

For such a largely progressive fan base, some Celtic fans on here really are closed minded xenophobic tossers. ‘Foreigners can’t do it in Scotland’. Oh yeah, that’s why Scotland is the peak of footballing brilliance....

* that mentality.

freitassen likes this.
  5. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Na I just dont wet my knickers over some guy just because he has managed in the EPL when we already have a perfectly good manager who can lead us to 10 in a row.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

There’s opinions then there’s bullshit.

7. Keano88

If Lennon had come in and we’d played good football, scored plenty goals and looked dominant then we’d all be happy with this appointment.

During his spell as interim though we’ve looked poor and struggled to score goals even against diddy teams like Livi, Dundee etc. The tactical tweaks he’s made haven’t worked either, we cross non-stop even though we don’t have the personnel to do so and if that doesn’t work we swap the wingers over.

We’ll all get behind him now that he’s announced as manager but I definitely think we’ve shown a massive lack of ambition here.

Moustache and Bob Loblaw like this.
  8. MattD

He’s right in saying it’s not his squad.

But I’m sure it would be a * of a lot better than a squad he’d have charge of. Gary Hooper to return? You’re taking the * mick Lenny.

9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Made me laugh out loud...

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yes Lenny is a better football manager than Benitez because he’s a Sellick man.

freitassen likes this.
  11. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Technically Lenny is a foreign manager :fear:

jocksteinupper likes this.
  12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Not sure what to make of that today. Absolutely buzzing with the result, performance could've been better but we got the job done and made history, I don't think it should've had any bearing on Lenny getting the job though.

I love the guy and will back him 100%, but we need to aspire to be the best we can and attain the highest level of staff we can in EVERY area, from recruitment to canteen staff, manager's to youth coaches, I want us to get the best of what's on offer. No offence to Neil and whoever he'll bring in as his backroom team, but I feel this summer was a chance for us to make a statement and go and get somebody who would offer us a fresh perspective and a new challenge for the squad. I just hope the players and board respond to this in a positive manner, and push for Europe and the 10 with the same desire and impetus needed to improve upon the seriously dominant position we find ourselves in.

13. MattD

If anyone genuinely thinks Lennon is a better manager than Benitez for Celtic, then they need their heads seen to.

It’s just impossible to be that idiotic.

Officer Doofy, freitassen and y_n_w_a like this.
  14. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan's squad Brendan's treble.

Am I doing this right?

15. clonbhoy

There isn't as it is all subjective. I think he is a very able player who gives nowhere near full effort every game. He strolled through today and was anonymous until the penalty.He didn't want to know. I don't see how that is bullshit.

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Somebody said similar to me at the pub earlier. I reminded him that Edouard the Frenchman just won us a treble treble.

17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I am now about 65% confident we'll win the league next year. 10 in a row is now in danger in my opinion.

* me we played horrendous today, we played horrendous at Ibrox and we played horrendous at home to Kilmarnock. And that's just to name a few. If we don't give Lennon some money to spend we are definitely in for war next year.

18. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    How ?

19. The Celtbot

Not sure what people expected. Mourinho, Benitez, and AVB were never coming realistically. We were then being linked with random German mangers that have proved * all for the likes of Nurnberg and Paderborn. Would we rather have Moyes? I'm fine with Lennon being back, hopefully he is able to pick his players a spend a bit of money. The last few games of the season involved a lot of injuries, youth & 2nd string players, and guys out of position. He'll be fine.

20. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Well done.