1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

I think we looked in Scotland and possibly England only. Would have liked us to be more thorough.

Every foreign manager isn’t Ronny Deila.

Ewan J Main and rickyroma25 like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

PETER LAWWELL has confirmed that Neil Lennon would have landed the Celtic job even if he had lost the Scottish Cup Final.

The Hoops chief executive confirmed the news that Lennon had been offered the Parkhead position after Celts defeated Hearts at Hampden Park.

Lenny subsequently accepted the offer and will now take charge of Celts next season.

And according to Lawwell, today’s result at Mount Florida had no baring on Lenny’s future of being in charge of the Hoops.

He said: “Today was a big big occasion for him.

“But Neil would have still been the manager no matter what had happened today.

In terms of Neil as a candidate their is no better candidate I mean he has earned the right to be permanent manager of Celtic based on the recent performance and who he is as a manager.”

Lawwell also dismissed supporter fears that you should never go back in football.

He added: “It’s really irrelevant for us.

“He knows Glasgow, he knows the city, he knows what is required and he is a winner.

At this point in terms of looking at the squad there is nobody better that I have worked with who has a better eye for a player.”

Lennon secured a historic treble Treble for Celtic at Hampden this afternoon with victory over Hearts.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The positives to take from this are :

- He knows the squad, so should know what we need in terms of signings.
    - He knows the pressure of the job
    - He's already been out scouting
    - Surely the board have gave him assurances regarding funds available

Can only hope he has taken some of the stuff on board that BR left in place and uses it to his advantage. The style of football also has to improve because we've been absolutely terrible to watch since he came back.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC tonight confirmed that they have offered Neil Lennon the job to be the permanent Celtic manager. The club made the announcement on social media, just over an hour after the Irishman had guided the team to victory in the Scottish Cup final, which also secured an historic third consecutive domestic treble.

Chief Executive Peter Lawwell, speaking to the media at Hampden, said: “This is a fantastic day, a fantastic achievement, and it will probably never to be repeated.

“Neil, in our moment of need, stood up to the plate. He’s done a fantastic job in difficult circumstances, and when you look at his credentials – he’s a Celtic man, he’s made for Celtic, he knows what’s required and he’s a winner.

“At this point, in terms of looking at the squad, there’s nobody better that I’ve worked with who has an eye for a player, so we’re delighted to announce that he’s been offered the job, and over the next few days, we will work out the details.

“There’s no better candidate, and Neil has earned the right to be the permanent manager of Celtic, based on our recent performances and also who he is as a manager.

“Winning the Treble Treble is historic and Brendan clearly takes a lot of credit for it. We probably wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for him, in terms of the magnificent period as manager, and we will be forever grateful to him.

“But, as I said, Neil stepped up to the plate, he’s done a fantastic job and we’re delighted to have him here. It was really tough. He came it at a difficult time – it wasn’t his squad and he had big shoes to fill, and a Treble to win – and he came in and did fantastically well.

“We need to pay tribute to John Kennedy, too, who has brought that continuity in terms of the discipline and structure, and Damien Duff has come in and done exceptionally well.”

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Utter *, if he was the man for the job he would have announced him after the league was won.

* lying * of a person, he has just announced it because the cup was won and nothing else.

He is playing on the fans emotions and done it right after the cup final win to smooth it over thinking that every * is button up the back.

Is this * after the PM’s job? Cause he has played this like a * horrible scum bag politician.

Sleekit as *.

jude 67, Martybhoy53, The IRA and 3 others like this.
  7. y_n_w_a

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Paul McStay,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y N W A
    He knows Glasgow, he knows the city, he knows what is required and he is a winner.

So does a bus driver !

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Extremely worried about the youngsters coming through the team.

9. Keano88

Good post Neil.

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Does this say more about the board being unambitious or Scottish football being not attractive to a solid manager?

11. Bonobhoy

Agree.

I will NEVER blame Lennon for taking the job,regardless of what happens.

But i honestly thought he would go out in style today and thank everyone,then for us to announce another big hitter like the rat.

2 more titles and history and the board are jeopardizing it due to the cheaper option,when you look at the money these greedy * have taken in to whats went out,shame on them.

And stick their shirts up their * as well.

jude 67 and bhoy81 like this.
  12. freitassen

I will tell you what, if things go as they are, considering we will sign no one, even the albanian champions or something could knock us out

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Cheer up

StPauli1916 likes this.
  14. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Wow. So to be the Celtic manger all you need is to know Glasgow. Should have just got a taxi driver then.

The IRA and neilly1987 like this.
  15. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Why have we given him a 3 year contract? We always offer 1 year rolling contracts and that's a sensible way of doing business... BR was an exception because he was a top manager

16. freitassen

Ross County signed Owen Coyle, there are rumours of Gus Poyet at Kilmarnock and we had Brendan Rodgers.

So it is questionable that no one with a name would like to work at Celtic.

17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :fear:

He was well down my list of choices. Trying to cheer myself up here.

Keano88 likes this.
  18. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    He knows Glasgow- what a load of pish.
    The snake and MON didn’t know Glasgow and did ok.

19. Darnok

I take it everyone else they sounded out about it told them no way. I wouldn't blame them in a way as how can a new guy do any better than Rodgers did? Even a double next year would be seen as a step back and we get * in Europe regularly now. I hope Lennon does well, but I am pretty sure we will regret this.

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Even * Ronny didn’t know Glesga