1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New Manager Dilemma.Not Who,but what would you rather have ?rather have ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Charlie Cheswick, May 25, 2019.

Discuss New Manager Dilemma.Not Who,but what would you rather have ?rather have ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul McAuley

Would rather have Harry Rednapps dog than Davey Moyes

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Same, mate. I've only watched it once for obvious reasons. It's still a lot less painful than PSG under Brendan Rodgers, though. That was by far the single most painful European night for me ever. Never thought I'd see us utterly dismantled with ease and without even a fight at Celtic Park. I genuinely never thought that would ever happen.

Only the Dallas game in 99 is comparable for me. Seville, we can hold our heads up high. Yeah, there's disappointment there, but also pride.

HailHoopy likes this.
  3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    If i had to chose the Europa League.

4. HailHoopy

The PSG night was indeed awful. I thought PSG were outstanding but we didn't help ourselves by not turning up. Under MON I was confident of us getting something against anybody at home, so it was a difficult watch.

I could look at the Uefa Cup final in a better light, cause I'm still really proud of what we achieved together. Maybe the only way we can ease the hurt is by watching the road to Seville. Might actually try it and see if the hurt has died down any. Surely it's got to have done a bit after about 16 years :84:

Random Review likes this.
  5. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    I want Ten in a Row.

I'll take other trophies as well (obviously), but not instead.

Even though we know their Nine in Row is tainted, it still shows up in the record books, so to blow it out of the water with a Ten (or more) would be fantastic.

Then we'd have a European Cup, a 7-1 victory in a Cup Final, a 10+ in a Row, and when we get to 55 titles, then they'll have nothing to brag about (unless they start taking pride in being the only Old Firm club to die).

Charlie Cheswick likes this.
  6. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

7. HailHoopy

Wouldn't know mate as i don't watch the English teams. But i preferred the format to the Uefa Cup as it was knockout all the way. And there wasn't anybody sending out weak sides like a lot of the teams from the big leagues do now, it seemed like they actually took it more serious as a competition.

But i definitely preferred the Uefa Cup anyway.