1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patrick Roberts!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by AJ Styles, Jan 24, 2016.

Discuss Patrick Roberts! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Aye she’s 5 minutes from me. Few * mentioned they seen him in a big beemer down here when he was about apparently.

McChiellini.. and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  2. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Apparently Robben is odds on to join up wa the Rat , hopefully leaving it clear for us

3. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Let's face it, if Roberts has the choice between a Lennon or Moyes-managed Celtic in the SPL, or Brendan Rodgers' Leicester in the EPL, he's choosing the EPL every time. That would be a cert even if we qualified for the group stages of the CL.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Would he *. Hes here for the ten. His burd is here for the 10. Tierneys here for the 10 and Lennon is here for the 10. LETS ALL DO THE HUDDLE

7. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Man City should be willing to deal for around 4m

If that’s the case paddy might have a choice to make

Hopefully a good sign to see him at the game yesterday

8. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    This is the sort of ridiculous hyperbole Roberts, and hundreds of other English kids suffer, resulting in them never amounting to anything. In sheer financial terms Dembele, Wanyama and Van Dijk are surely our best business dealings ever. Roberts will never come close to accruing their sort of fees.

Patrick Roberts is not, by a vast margin, the best player or signing since Larsson ffs.
    Infact Paddy isn’t remotely near the top 25 players between Henrik and now. Lubo, Naka, Hooper, Rogic, Hartson, Sutton, Van Dijk, Dembele, Edouard, both Keanes, Petrov, Wanyama, Boruc, Mjallby, Lambert, Brown, Kayal, Forster, McDonald, Griffiths, Commons, Samaras and numerous more were/are multiple levels above him.

Not to mention homegrown talent such as Tierney, Forrest, McGeady, Maloney and McGregor are far better. Roberts would be a good squad member for a couple million but he’s done almost literally nothing in 24 months and provided less than both Sinclair and Forrest whilst he was here.

A good wee player, but never top class and for the money City will presumably want, look elsewhere.

9. Goggzy60

Even at 4 million we won't get him a bottom half EPL side will get him and will most likely pay more, maybe even a promotion changing championship team.

Account Deactivated likes this.
  10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Wow. Did you see him play when he was here? He’s the perfect Celtic player.

An unselfish, effective entertainer, with the individual ability to unlock packed defences which we play against every week.

Someone who has to be doubled or trebled up on when he runs at the opposition. Anything under £10 million is a no brainier. He’ll go for double that after 2-3 good seasons.

freederry20 likes this.
  11. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm not one given to hyperbole, did you actually read my post or just get your knickers in a twist over those 6 words?
    Patrick Robert's is already a 12 mill player. So to be available to us at 4 is good business.
    I also never said he was the best player or best signing since Larsson.
    For you to actually say he would be a good squad player & we should look elsewhere is incredible. Although with a Liverpool crest as your avatar on a Celtic forum nothing should surprise me.

You can actually trace our performance dip under our last manager to 2017/18 when Robert's was out injured and played very little. Hes creatively head and shoulders above anyone at the club, then and now. At 22, if we got him for 4 mill and got 3 years out of him it would be money well spent.
    Lennon will face 2 banks of 4 most weeks next season and we have proved that we find it very very difficult to break down teams set up like this. Robert's is exactly the kind of player who can break Scottish teams down and make things happen for us.

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    You've overrating young Padwan far, far too much. He is a decent young player, nothing more. Hence why he couldn't make the bench for Girona and was never remotely near the Man City squad 3 years ago let alone now. You literally wrote that he would be the best signing since Larsson. I take it you were in a coma for the period Van Dijk signed for us for 2 million, played exceptionally and graduated into a world class player just about to play in his 2nd consecutive Champions League final? Hy-per-bole my friend.

Sure, he had some great games for us, but people get their "knickers in a twist" over anyone with a few skills at parkhead. Just look at how Paddy McCourt achieved cult hero status despite never scoring in a big game or basically doing anything except nice dribbles vs St Mirren & Hamilton.

I'll say it again. He's not as good as Calum McGregor or James Forrest. And didn't provide nearly as many goals or assists as Scott Sinclair. On the cheap I'd definitely take him as a solid backup winger but for 10+ million pounds? Yes - absolutely - look elsewhere.

You act like he scored 60 goals in 40 appearances for us. He's not Messi, he struggled breaking down banks of 11 defenders just like everyone else. He had some good vision and pace but in any any case his position isn't one of the top 5 or 6 priorities.

13. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’s better than Forrest and Sinclair by a considerable distance. He’s obviously better than McGregor as a wide man that’s a poor comparison.

A back up winger? I think you’re confusing him with someone else. He’d absolutely waltz in to our team under any circumstances.

14. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No, I didn't. Best of luck next week v Spurs :50:

Liam Scales likes this.
  15. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Theres a good bit of difference between best bit of business and best signing...

Anyhow i'd spend however much it takes to get Roberts back, a player that can win us games on his own if given the chance and besides even if he doesn't start he's the sort of * we should have to come off the bench

Xatraps likes this.
  16. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Must be a cert to come back next season

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Better than Sinclair yes but not better than Forrest, Forrest has stayed injury free majority of the season scoring big goals and works his * off for the team. Paddy was brilliant when he first came in, but his last season here he was just injured then outshone by Forrest, he wasn't good enough in Europe either too lightweight and slow.

I want him back but he would not waltz back into the team, Shved looks a real talent and Johnston is an exciting player along with Dembele breaking through.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Defo would waltz into the current team. Forrest one wing paddy the other.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He’s got a few goals in the CL for us, he was fine in Europe