1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by littlekennie, Apr 18, 2011.

Discuss Game of Thrones in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :56:

MacEwan and Artorias like this.
  2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    First 4 seasons are untouchable but went downhill pretty badly in the end.

Bloodmoon is next but I take it we’ll be getting some sort of Arya stand alone series called West of Westeros or some *.

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Stick to the wireless mate. This TV contraption takes a long time to get used to.

scuzzy, MacEwan and ChrisMoh like this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I can’t see that with Arya. GRRM has always pretty deliberately kept Uthos and Sothos a mystery, and he’s always made what’s West of Westeros a mystery as well. Except tiny, tiny wee snippets.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Can’t see there being an Arya spinoff either.

But I wouldn’t be against one. * it, bring back the Hound and let him and Arya go on adventures.

FCBarca likes this.
  6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

* google, try Bing mate

ChrisMoh likes this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Game of Moans.

Artorias likes this.
  8. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
  9. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Comparing GOT to Scale is a bit unfair, no TV series will ever match the ending of Scale. Was incredible

For what it's worth I quite enjoyed the last Episode of GOT. Don't think it's as bad as made out, only thing that has proper annoyed me this season is the way they treated the night king

ChrisMoh and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  10. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Why was the night king immune to dragon fire but not a dragon glass blade?

11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Season 8 really * up the prospect of rewatching the entire series. I mean, pretty much nothing that happened in the preceding seasons actually matters in the end.

I felt as though this was the worst episode in the entire series. Jon kills Dany and instead of being immediately slaughtered by the Unsullied and Dothraki they decide to keep him imprisoned and let a bunch of noblemen in a land entirety foreign to them decide what to do with him :giggle1:

Expected very little and still hugely underwhelmed.

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Stole this from elsewhere, but thought it was bang on:

It was *. Literally all the foreshadowing and big things that GRR Martin wrote in were made irrelevant.

Whoa...Jon is Aegon...big deal, nobody cares.

Dany has gone full mad queen...well sort of, but she's still getting teary eyed at the idea of executing Tyrion, she is focused on ending slavery still and is trying again to convince Jon to be with her. Kind of makes yesterday's genocide a bit odd.

Drogon is not a wild animal that kills on a whim, he has actually grasped how the throne and its symbolic power has caused so much strife, so he's going to help break that part of the wheel for mummy.

10 days ago...

Bran: "I can't be lord of Winterfell. I can't be lord of anywhere, I'm the 3 eyed raven."

Bran to Jaime: "I'm not Brandon Stark anymore."

Today...

Bran: "King? Sure...may as well."

Jon to the Nightswatch eh? Erm...there's still a nightswatch? Apparently so. There wasn't a week ago, when it had all been abandoned and everyone was at Winterfell to fight the Night King...remember him?

But in the past 5 days or so, apparently an entire new Nightswatch has been started, oh and they're rebuilding the wall...who knew? Erm...who ordered it? Erm... what exactly are they watching out for? Night King is dead. Wildings are friends. A bit of star gazing?

Arya abandons the faceless men due to the pull of family. Reunited and now at peace... I'm off to make new maps.

What's most disappointing about this is how it affects the rewatch factor. It's great to rewatch brilliant shows when they've finished and at a quicker pace...maybe an episode a day etc. But the dip in writing will be even more egregious when watched in close succession.

How anyone can think this was a well worked, satisfying ending is utterly beyond me.
    It's not about all the characters having happy endings or endings you wanted, it's about it making sense, being coherent and consistent with its own world and the previous episodes. This final season was an absolute cluster * of monumental proportions that just binned years worth of plots and planned reveals of huge significance.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...Jaime and Cersei. [​IMG] We literally saw the roof collapsing behind them and like a domino effect it closed in on them, caving in as it approached until killing them. But...no...apparently not, because Tyrion walks through that big empty hall to find the pile of rubble they're under. Turns out if they just taken 8 steps backwards into the room that LOOKED like it was collapsing...they'd be fine, cos like, it wasn't actually collapsing or sumfink.

Anybody know what the Dothraki are up to? I mean they're entire culture is rampaging through towns etc, sacking them and killing people and destroying buildings of stone...so...plans in Westeros?

Fair play, at the moment they're probably feeling pretty happy and relaxed, because from being completely wiped out at Winterfell, they've looked around and gone "Well * me...hundreds of us are still alive. I thought we were all dead. Sweet, nice surprise."

Oh yeah, and Jon wanted to be sent to the wall...[​IMG] No he didn't, and the lines and his expressions show that, so don't justify the writing by giving it way more nuance than the writers ever thought about.

It should be cool when the pacifist island of Narth sees thousands of Unsullied arrive to make it their home. Sure, their entire existence in life has been warfare and all they've known is battle and killing. Oh and they're all eunuchs, so can't start families, but other than that, I reckon Narth's peaceful community will be delighted at their arrival and settlement.

Oh yeah...Bran...what was he actually doing at Winterfell? And erm...why did he push Sam to tell Jon the truth, when doing so led to all the betrayals that pushed Dany over the edge and none of it amounted to anything bar Bran nabbing the wheeled throne. Sneaky. If he wasn't such a dead eyed gimp, I'd think that was a cunning plan of his all along.

Drivel.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:56:

The more you think about it the worse it gets. * me.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It’s over now mate, you can relax.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Cheers for the concern.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

People are actively looking for points to moan about now :giggle1:

It's boring now but takes nothing away from the show. * moany internet *.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I genuinely don’t see how people can think that’s the case. You’ll probably find that the people who are the biggest fans of the show, and in some cases the book readers, are the ones generally criticising the final season the most.

It’s not as if the final season was just a bit odd in places. It was woeful. The criticism of GoT could’ve been much more blatant over the past few seasons of people were really nitpicking, but on the whole there was none. Season 8 has been dreadful though, and quite rightly widely criticised.

Colin Robinson likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye. Nobody wanted to not enjoy the season ffs. Most of us are total fanboys (hate that word but it's the one that springs to mind) of the show and have been for years.

King of Kings likes this.
  19. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

It's not looking for points to moan about but more pointing out the incredibly obvious.

It was an atrocious (and atrocious isn't an exaggeration) finale to a great show.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

These are opinions. Your opinions.

For all the points that people hate about season 7&8, I could give you a point I loved.

But people are only talking about what they hated, the only vocal people are the complainers really.

It was rushed. We can all agree on that. There are episode sized gaps in the time jumps. Yes. It could have been better. Of Course. But people are reacting as if they've just watched the worst TV show they've ever seen.