1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Filip Benković

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Aug 31, 2018.

Discuss Filip Benković in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Would love him back also but can't see it happening, even more so if Maguire is sold at Leicester

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They'll sell Maguire for close to Virgil money cause he's English..

They'll spend fairly big this summer..

neilly1987 likes this.
  4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Maguire couldnt lace virgils whores corset.

Filly benko will be back next year though

Artorias likes this.
  5. oh bhoy

Sneaky swap deal for sinclair Rodgers must be heartbroken without him

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FILIP BENKOVIC has thanked Celtic for helping him achieve his international dream after his first ever Croatia call-up and refused to rule out a return to Parkhead next season.

And the on-loan Leicester City defender admits he's desperate to make history by helping the Hoops to Scottish football's first ever treble treble.

The 21-year-old was this week named in the World Cup Finalists' squad for the first time for their Euro 2020 qualifier with Wales and he will also play in this summer's European Under 21s Championship.

And he was full of praise for the role played by Celtic in his call-up, after revealing he may yet return next term.

He said: "It's a great honour for me to be included in the squad for the first time. I have no words to describe my happiness.

"I honestly believe there are other players who are more deserving of a call-up than me, but I have been waiting for my chance for a while.

I've had a really successful year at Celtic and I have to thank them for the positive things they have done for me this year which has led to the call-up.

"I can't talk about what club I will be at next year because nothing is known yet and might not be for some time, probably only after all my international duties this summer.

"But all I can say is that I have really enjoyed my time at Celtic, I have had some great moments here, I have a successful season, enjoyed my football and I will never regret it.

"If we win the Scottish Cup on Saturday, we win not just the treble, but all three trophies three years in a row for the first time in history.

I'm proud of everything we've done this season in Celtic, I'm very pleased. And the invitation to the national team has crowned my season."

And for Benkovic, in an interview with local publication Sportske Novosti, the call-up comes a year since he gathered in Zagreb to welcome back the Croatian squad who came agonisingly close to winning the World Cup in Russia.

He recalled: "I went with my friends last summer to Ban Jelacic Square after the World Cup Final to welcome the squad.

"And it's really quite incredible that I am going to be a part of the same squad!

Sometimes things happen in life when you least expect it.

"This summer there will be no rest for me because I have the Under 21s Euros and we have ambitions to win it.

"But I'm not bothered about the lack of rest. These are great challenges for me and I can't wait for them."

9. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hope he comes back

10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Normally I would not be in favour of loan situations unless there is an option to buy but given not just his contributions to this season but also his clear affection and commitment to the team this season I would be ok with another years loan even without an option to buy in this case.

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hope he's back.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go on to become a real top modern day centre half.

neilly1987 and Rydo1888* like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Gees him back for another season Brendan eh that’s the minimum you owe us ya *!

neilly1987, Marty McFly and Artorias like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FILIP Benkovic is open to a return to Celticnext season, saying his experience at the club has been ‘f*****g unbelievable’.

The defender has had an initial chat with his manager at parent club Leicester City, Brendan Rodgers, about his plans for him next term, but while nothing has yet been decided, the Croatian isn’t ruling out a return to Glasgow.

“We will have to wait and see what happens in the summer and what is the plan for me next season,” Benkovic said.

“We have spoken a little bit about what will happen but not too much as I was just concentrating on Celtic.

I wouldn’t rule out coming back to Celtic and you never know where life will take you. I don’t know what will happen, but I really enjoyed my time at the club. I am so proud to have played for Celtic and I am so thankful for everything they did for me.

“When I came to the club I expected to win games and be challenging for trophies, but for it to become a reality is incredible. I can’t believe we have managed to do it and it is f*****g unbelievable.

“I am a better player than when I arrived at Celtic. I always want to improve as a player and the club have helped me do that. I have more experience in British football and I will build on this.

“It was a really big honour for me to play with these guys and it was a special way to finish the season. This year at Celtic will stay with me forever and I will never forget it. I am so proud by what we have achieved. I am part of history and no one can ever take that away from me. No amount of money can make you feel like this.

“When the game finished I had a lot of emotions going through me. It was a relief for us to win the treble Treble. We have made the fans happy by achieving this. The guys started this incredible journey two years ago and it makes me feel special to have played a little part in the success. I can only thank the club for giving me the chance to come and play here. The fans have been amazing to me since I came here and this was for them.”

15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    * of a loan for him. Comes out with 3 trophies and an international call up.

neilly1987 likes this.
  16. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Would love him back, although would Lennon play him as he's a loan? Like he didn't this season, am I missing something or being a bit dense here?

17. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

If he stays we won’t be going into qualifiers this year with a new line up. :39:

Ghotti Bhoy likes this.
  18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hope we get him back. Would save us some hassle as well having him, Jozo & Ajer. Obviously loves it here and having a national team that doesn't look down it's nose on our league is also a big plus.

19. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I noticed he wasn't really playing him, which I thought was mental.

20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I meant going forward. If we get him on loan it means we won't be buying a long term CB solution, so will be back to square 1 next year. Also we may not get him on loan in time for the qualifiers, it could be on the last day of the transfer window again if Leicester are waiting to see what happens with Maguire.

Last edited: May 27, 2019