1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic’s next permanent manager

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic’s next permanent manager in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s over rated down south IMO therefore will be top of the list of a load of bigger clubs down there and he’ll know it. He was being touted for England manager, in his head Scotland will be beneath him. He’ll want the 50/100 million a transfer window budgets that we’ll never supply.

I personally think there’s better available options anyway, despite the job he’s done at Bournemouth - which has been excellent. He’s nowhere near the level of a Rafa, for instance.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

He's on par with the rat in terms of managerial qualities for me, I'd have him up here in a heartbeat!

Problem is though, as you say, he's done an exceptional job with Bournemouth. He's probably overrated only for the sole fact he's an Englishman (which I don't see a problem with actually), I'd have thought he'd have been perfectly suited for the Arsenal job, or even somewhere like Everton.

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    No manager will be allowed time for a slow start if I’m honest. Chasing the 10 and champions league qualifying.

It’s going to be a baptism of fire for who ever gets it, unless they don’t get anyone and then they say to Lennon, Neil you where our first choice......

4. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    id imagine Bournemouth would want top dollar to release Howe should he consider us

5. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    aye i could have worded that better , i just mean if it doesnt go well very quickly i think depending on who is in charge will be given a bit more time than others

bhoy81 likes this.
  6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I think any other time I would say yes but since they have got into the top flight and after last season seeing how we have got worse and they have clearly improved it’s different.

They have a more settled side with Gerrard and he will be given funds to strengthen for next season.

It’s going to be interesting summer ahead.

7. Sloany

Eddie Howe is tipped as the next England Manager and has done wonders with Bournemouth over the past 7 years. Also has a massive affinity with the club. Lets face it, coming to manage Celtic (in Scotland) is a massive step down.

Moyes will look at what Brendan has achieved and think that its his ticket back to the EPL.

Funny thing is, I would have taken Moyes before we got Brendan, but we now feel entitled and want a massive appointment made.

Taking a step back and looking what Moyes achieved at Everton when given sufficient time and a commensurate budget to those around him, he was actually class. You don't just lose that ability.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but could think of much worse, if he gets the job I will be right behind him.

8. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    some win% of names been linked and comparable managers

Lennon 55.4% - ( without Celtic) 33%
    Rafa 49.8%
    Howe 43.3%
    Rodgers ( minus celtic ) - 42.56%
    Moyes - 42.11%
    Dyche - 37.5%

9. JordyBhoy Árd rí Éireann

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I’d take Lennon over all those, inc. Rafa as he’s pie in the sky anyway. I do rate Howe, though he does seem only able to do it with Bournemouth as didn’t work out when he went to Burnley.

I honestly think Lenny will be the one anyway, and barring an absolute collapse on Saturday, he’ll get it next season. The club were probably just leaving things to create excitement for season ticket renewals.

At least with Lenny we know he loves the club and knows the club inside and out and he knows what is needed. Anyone else coming in would need time to adapt themselves and quickly adapt everyone to their way of thinking and playing which could go horribly wrong. Bit of a gamble when 9 in a row is on the line.

Lenny might not be everyone’s favourite choice but better the devil you know.

10. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Bournemouth just sign Lloyd Kelly for 13 Million from Bristol City but Eddie Howe fancies leaving all that behind so he can go to signing Dom Turnbull from Motherwell for 2M after we bid 16 times for him so he can get 6 European games and probably be battered in 4 of them, and if he * up 10 in a row never gets another decent job but lets say he gets 10 in a row his best prospect back in England will be a team like Leicester or West Ham ect because to be absolutely frank no one in England gives a * about our 10 in a row quest.

* me wake up people, * was linked with England job last year and is on an absolute * tonne of a wage at a club that adore him and give him decent money to spend, Bmouth could get relegated next year and his stock wouldn't fall, zero chance Howe is coming to us.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Mother of *!

12. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    No it isn't.

That's a seriously low criteria for any job let alone the Celtic manager.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He never got a crack at Burnley.

He went back to Bournemouth in League 1 and has taken them to where they are now.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well we can 100% rule out Steve Clarke now even though he did it himself in February!

Some * on here will still say him for manager most likely! Same brigade who appear in the CL qualifiers every year and don’t understand Champions path and League path! “Can we get arsenal” :56:

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If we can't get Howe then I'd go for Steve Clarke, he knows the league and also has good knowledge and experience of English Football if we were to be unlucky and get drawn against a Premiership team in the Champions League play-off round.

16. jamiebhoy67

Hes the Scotland manager

17. JordyBhoy Árd rí Éireann

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Season and half is not a crack then? Took over in Jan and guided Burnley to an 8th finish, not bad. Full pre-season under his belt etc, guided Burnley to 13th second and indeed a full season, so took them backwards.

At Bournemouth before going there had great success, and upon returning further success. But Bournemouth is all he knows, been there since a lad I believe, in his blood etc.

18. jamiebhoy67

Has rafa just left Newcastle??? Theres alot of talk on Twitter about him leaving the post now

19. JordyBhoy Árd rí Éireann

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Yeah know what you’re saying, but as Shaunboy’s chart shows his win percentage is higher than all those others mentioned, and we know what we’ll get, unlike appointing someone new which could go either way.

Yes Lenny’s win % is * elsewhere, so perhaps Lenny is to us what Howe is to Bournemouth.

20. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    holy christ dont get me excited like this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.