1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

We stood here to a man .

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by joemc, May 18, 2019.

Discuss We stood here to a man . in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Yes ! but illiterate knuckle dragging scum would be more apt .

Seán Mac D likes this.
  2. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon was the perfect man to take over from mowbray 9 years ago. He done a great job in his 4 yrs managing us. However that was a long time ago in football and the game has evolved. As much as he is a Celtic legend both as a player and then manager he is simply not the man to lead us to the ten. The standard has been raised significantly by fraudgers and as much as I love Lenny for everything he has done and everything he has had to endure by being a Celtic man appointing him as manager will be a step back.

I fear his legacy and reputation will be tarnished if he wer to come back permanently as in my opinion it will end badly and who would want to see that?

buchanbhoy likes this.
  3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

joemc, bagforlife and MacEwan like this.
  4. joemc

many saying lennon would be a step back and the wrong appointment ,and the huns want us to get him [when have they been right about anything ]he bettered one of the best managers we have had by all accounts ,with vastly reduced resources and players who would struggle to make our bench not once but twice so no fluke and remained unbeaten against him , we have already discussed the merits of his recruitment against rodgers and his more than decent european campaigns ,so i fail to see the fear or problem in him being named other than the last game against the huns .

5. john2061

If this was any other time Lennon could be the manager but we are so close to the ten and if there's a top coach wanting the Celtic job give it to him but he must be backed with serious money to get the ten as the zombie board will back their manager.

6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Thread should have been closed after this post. Nothing more needs added.

7. joemc

exactly wot guarantees of success is there from any other named manager on the imaginary list , none its all a gamble , someone who done well at 1 club might not at another ,its the not knowing how far another manager could take us but we know wot to expect from lenny ,but most want to press gamble ,the excitement of unknown ,and the face of an ex epl manager cauz we believe its bigger and better ,but we will always have a board who wont gamble .

8. Eastend boy

I support the team and whoever selects the team,but i also want the best manager to select the team and the best manager is not Neil Lennon.If it is Neil Lennon then he gets my support,football management has evolved,we have technology at our fingertips,new ways to monitor and assess players,the club has went down this route with the appointment of the last manager,why would we then take a backward step and appoint a manager who doesn’t use the tools available in this day and age.
    As a supporter i only want what’s best for my club,and as far as i can see,the way forward is progressive coaches who analyse and plan with forward thinking,young players coming through only know what they’ve been brought up with,as in the technology they use and social media they use,not like us of an older generation who didn’t have these things.
    We really need to thinking forward long term to progress not only for 9,10 in a row but also European games where other countries and teams use technology to their advantage,we need to understand the game has moved on,players have moved on from what used to be the normal way to run and coach teams,it’s a brand new world out there with the technology we have and how it’s applied to the game we all love,for Celtic to be relevant in the future we need to adapt and progress using the technology to our advantage the same as other coaches and teams,people like DD use the technology to their advantage in their business lives,so you would expect them to understand that other interests need the same.
    I love Neil Lennon as much as any other supporter but we need to move forward.

9. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Too true, all I’ve seen is fellow managers, pundits, ex managers and the like saying how much they want him to get the job. Christ even Craig levein said he should get it.

10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Have to agree with @Richmal.

Theres a reason that the hun infested smsm and hun * like levein are putting their weight behind Lenny.

This isnt jobs for the boys or looking out for fellow pros.

Huns want Lennon because they know as well as we do that its a step back.

Slippy g is serving the same function as Lenny did for us when Mowbary was ousted... hes taken a * side of bottle merchants and instilled a defiance in them thats resonating.

Slippy is NOT a good coach. But he has the swine pulling in the same direction and lest we forget... gave lenny a tactical spanking which left our manager sitting in the dugout looking like he would rather be anywhere else.

We've had our foot on sevcos throat for a while now. This season we took it off and allowed them to catch a breath.

Its not good enough. And neither is Lennon. It hard to say but its the truth.

11. joemc

we should try to refrain from disrespectful views regarding a man who has done a lot for this club ,its ok to say no to him as manager but * talk breeds more ,even a quote like "lets get a proper manager in " feeds others to use terms like this , he does not deserve this from people who are celtic fans .
    he has done nothing wrong by us and has been asked to be the face of the team without changing anything , basically manage with your hands tied , he is obviously seeing things that he is not happy with in the team and cant react , how are players meant to respect a man who has no power to change things .

12. joemc

doesnt seem like he has either to be honest , i get that a name from the epl may heighten the profile of the club down south ,but who gives a fek about them, they will always try to run our league down regardless .

13. joemc

it is ok to try for the best possible ,but better to do it with respect to others.

Random Review likes this.
  14. joemc

he has very little say or control of the team as it stands .

15. joemc

nothing wrong with views like that
    they wanted us in the cup not so long ago , that didnt go well for them either .

Random Review likes this.
  16. oh bhoy

Lennon should never have been our manager first time round but everybody got behind him. he did a good job then he decided what the shelf life for a Celtic manager should be and walked out. What has Lennon done since to make himself a better manager.we should be aiming for someone of the standard of Rodgers or better not worse

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The OP has a point. You don't have to want Lenny as manager to show the man the respect he deserves. Some of the vitriol directed at him from so called supporters makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

bagforlife and Random Review like this.
  18. joemc

the standard of rodgers, please , rodgers did the worst thing he could do to us as a club and fans ,he rendered our league worthless and played into the hands of every epl fan boy who slates it , he turned his back on people who adored him and would have him as a legend , it meant nothing for him to walk at the most crucial time .

19. joemc

whoever comes in will be seeing the worst of us as fans at this time ,every point not won will be manipulated by media to spread fear here , they will try to break us from the inside out , it will take a strong hand to keep the faith intact and stand against the rising tides of hatred and venom , there are not many men built to handle this kind of atmosphere ,not many but there are a few

20. oh bhoy

you can't talk about how special a time the treble treble is then ignore the standard Rodgers has set.