1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic’s next permanent manager

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic’s next permanent manager in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Nice words from Capello too.

I'd be very happy with ranieri or bilic, both charismatic managers who would inspire the team and fans and hopefully see us to ten in a row. Actually leaning more towards bilic since he has actually shown public interest in the job and I dont want a manager like Rodgers who would see it as a step down.
    Would obviously love rafa too but I dont see that one happening.

2. celtic warrior

Sounds utterly stupid but I think Ranieri is too nice for the Scottish football mind set.

The attitudes, culture, officials and media. Not sure he'd work up here.

I know it's stupid because I'd be interested in seeing what he could offer and how he might change things in Scotland.

3. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Aforementioned Ranieri stuff:

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/claud...er-title-winner-is-the-man-for-the-hoops-job/

With Steve Clarke set to be unveiled as new Scotland boss, the identity of the man who will lead the Hoops next season is now the burning question in Scottish football.

While caretaker Neil Lennon will be in charge for the visit of Hearts in this afternoon’s final round of Premiership fixtures, and the Scottish Cup Final against the same opposition on Saturday, he is expected to be passed over for a permanent role.

It’s believed the Parkhead powerbrokers are looking for a bigger name.

Ranieri fits that bill.

Three years ago, he masterminded the miracle of Leicester City’s English Premier League triumph.

The 67-year-old Italian will be available as he is due to quit his current post with Roma after their final Serie A fixture against Parma next Sunday.

They currently sit sixth in the table, and are on course for a Europa League place.

And Capello, who managed the England national team and is a predecessor of Ranieri at Roma, is intrigued at the thought of his fellow countryman being tempted back to the UK with Celtic.

“Claudio Ranieri is an excellent person and a great man,” said Capello.

“For me, he’s one of the very best coaches around, as he has shown managing really top-level sides in Italy, France, England and Spain.

“Claudio is at the top level of his profession, and after what he did at Leicester, he can do anything – even in Scotland.

“For him, it would be another excellent challenge, and considering the quality of Celtic, he could also perhaps win another title to add to his collection.

“It would be a good opportunity for him in a competition that’s quite different to England and Europe’s other big leagues.”

Equally upbeat about the possibility is former Celtic and AC Milan midfielder Massimo Donati.

“Celtic had a great coach in Brendan Rodgers, a man who is technically so good,” he said.

“Now it is obvious that the board are looking around for someone for next season who will be at the same very high level.

“I have heard Claudio Ranieri is one of the coaches they are looking at, and I can see why. He is a football man, is very experienced and has succeeded in several countries.

“He would have no problem adapting to Scottish football, which is more physical and less technical than the Italian and English games.

“Certainly, he should find different challenges in Glasgow than he has in his other jobs.

“But for a man like him, with his past, I am sure it would not be a problem.

“The Celtic job is a prestigious one, and it should be entrusted to a person like him – a big name and a man who has great charisma and is very competent.

“He would have to adapt, not only to the type of football, but also to the Scottish top flight.

“I will be very curious to follow his progress there.”

4. Charlie Cheswick

Fav Celtic Player:
    As a boy,it was Paul Wilson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song.
    All these names being linked with us these past few days:Rafa,Kompany(to see out his playing days),now Ranieri.Who next Pep,Klopp,Pochettino?
    Things getting a bit hysterical now

5. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Ranieri with Donati as his assistant :87:

6. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Raineri gives the fear

7. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Dreamteam2,the neville brothers.Born winners & forward thinking innovators.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Dhilly Dhing Dhilly Dhong.

Welcome Claudio ! :giggle2:

9. joemc

its been said we should not hire lennon on things done in the past and suggests has been quotes but it would be the same with c r , he would be swallowed up by our media his first defeat and used all his luck bestowed by * in one year .

10. jambo_cfc

Blanc for me if not benitez , his record is pretty decent with bordeaux and psg , with the way celtic look at the french market now i think he would be a good option

11. CFC.1

Agreed, but apparently all but got the Roma gig

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. jambo_cfc

Really , think he would be realistic target too

14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Ranieri is a master at taking average squads and leading them to punch well above their weight, monaco, Leicester et al.

I also dont think he can be judged to harshly by his fulham dismissal as they were already a complete * mess when he took over.

Whenever hes been at "bigger" clubs he seems to be the perennial also ran, chelsea, juventus etc. (Although he was unlucky at chelsea)

The main thing is to note is that when things go to * he very rarely, if ever, has been able to recover. He's been sacked by Napoli, Greece, chelsea, Leicester and fulham... each time with his tactics being the main focal point for criticisms.

Epl title or no, Ranieri is as old school as it gets. Pressing 442 is sonething he never ever seems to let go of, and he never seems to stick with a core of starting players, rotating the * out of them.

Its a no from me.

Just cant see him lasting in scotland. Not to mention his mother is literally 100 years old and hes undeniably close to her, visiting Rome from europe at least 3 times a month.

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cocu or Moyes are the top choices. Well, realistic choices anyway.

16. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    I see Danny Lennon got Clyde promoted the other day and has previously won the League Cup with St Mirren.

Could there be a Lennon in the Celtic dugout next season, after all?

dmccourt95 and Twisty like this.
  17. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

If you think Moyes is one of the top choices your avatar is very apt.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Dear * !

oh bhoy likes this.
  20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I’m sure he was a * toward us a few years ago! Get tae *

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.