1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Regan Hendry

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Feb 7, 2016.

Discuss Regan Hendry in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye he played well but i was more impressed with Archibald apart from his penalty miss

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Admittedly I only saw about 30 mins of the first half, but I thought Archibald was the worst of the front 4. Missed two decent chances and his first touch let him down a couple of times.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I thought I'd sound contrary so never said anything :56:

I thought Archibald looked like our worst player full stop. Lacked focus and looked well out of his depth. His 15 year old team mate showed him up with his composure for the goal.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Where is the post dated yesterday by Notorious ??

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC youngster Regan Hendry is set to leave the club at the end of the season.

The reserve team captain's contract is up in the summer and it is understood he won't be offered a new deal.

Hendry has been unable to break through into the Hoops first team since joining back in 2015.

The midfielder, 21, was farmed out on loan in League One with Raith Rovers, making 13 appearances last season.

And with the likes of big-hitters Scott Brown, Olivier Ntcham and Player of the Year Callum McGregor shining for the starting 11, Hendry's opportunities would be further limited at Parkhead.

The Scotland under-19's starlet was previously wanted by English Championship leaders Norwich City last year.

And it is understood Raith Rovers are keen on bringing the midfielder back to Stark's Park.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Technically good but lack of mobility and we've got better player's in his positions that are younger than him..

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Never kicked on properly, injury did hinder that.

Story of a fair few of our promising midfielders.

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Reminded me of Callum McGregor his style of play, not seen him in about 2 year though but doesnt seem to have progressed.

11. Jeremie Frimpong

Isn't McInroy the reserve team captain?

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Had lots of promise. Saw him play a couple of times and thought he might have made more of an impression. Hope he does well wherever he goes.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Definitely a dig at someone in that farewell.

15. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Whose the terrible i wonder?

16. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    That's what he intended. Sounds like he had more to say and not the bottle to say it.

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    His surname give me the fear.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Raith Rovers are delighted to announce midfield playmaker Regan Hendry as our first recruit of the close season following his release by Premiership champions Celtic.

Regan (aged 21) has signed an agreement to join the Rovers when his contract officially ends at Celtic, and when the SPFL registration window opens on 11th June he will sign a 2 year contract.

The club are delighted at securing his services in the face of stiff competition from several other clubs.

Regan first joined Rovers on-loan from Celtic in the second half of the 2017–18 season, making 10 starts and 3 substitute appearances for the Rovers that season.

Regan then re-joined the Rovers for a second loan spell last season in September 2018 when John McGlynn returned to the club as manager; his loan deal was set to run until January 2019, but was curtailed by injury in his 4th appearance of the season at Forfar. Following a successful operation on his ACL and subsequent rehab, Regan is keen to continue where he left off at Stark’s Park.

Speaking exclusively to www.raithrovers.net from his summer holiday in the USA, Regan said “I’m delighted to be back – I couldn’t not come back after all the support I was getting from the fans once they found out I was getting released from Celtic. And it’s time we get the club back to the championship”

Regan signed for Celtic as a 15 year old from Hutchison Vale BC and captained the Scottish Champions’ Development team in his time at the Glasgow giants.

Commenting on the signing, manager John McGlynn said “I am delighted to have signed someone of Regan’s ability. He showed to everyone earlier in the season before he picked up his knee injury what a good player he was and how he was instrumental in the style of our play.

He enjoyed his time at Stark’s Park during both loan deals he had, and was at a number of our games supporting the team last season while he was out injured – again demonstrating the character of this young man and his feelings for the Rovers.”

19. oh bhoy

What is the deal with raith rovers badge?

20. Jeremie Frimpong

It's a lion rampant, holding a belt buckle - no idea why; it's from Kirkcaldy's coat of arms.

oh bhoy likes this.