1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. sabzz1888

Lennon having a go at the fans for not wanting to accept mediocrity....leave whilst ur still a legend and before you become a leg end.

freitassen and ddub11 like this.
  2. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    it's interesting that one of the highlights of the snakes European career was a loss away to Valencia. This in a tie that was already put to bed and not even against one of the Spanish giants. In one hand we talk about spoiled supporters and in the other some have started praising European defeats. What next celebrating an away defeat to Wolves?

3. Mr Diggler

I don't know if it's a case of Lennon feeling that the job is slipping away or if he just feels under appreciated but bringing up the 90's and in essence tackling fans concerns in a confrontational way is not the way to go. He came in on a tide of good will. I think most were happy to give him until the end of the season. I was happy to see him appointed full time until a week or two ago. I just see signs in him that he isn't enjoying it. The man is a legend. Celtic through and through. One of us. But the fans are split on him taking over permanently. He will always face hatred and vitriol from a section of Scottish league bigots and he almost took a breakdown with the strain. The footy hasn't been great though results have been good. I love the man but maybe time for a fresh face with new ideas. Lennon will leave a hero after the cup final win or lose. It is probably best he does.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Is that really what he said? Mediocrity? We're on for a treble this season, if that is mediocrity then give me that any day of the week.

6. ddub11

Think the guy meant our performances of late under lennon were mediocre
    With them type of performances i doubt we would be looking at a treble.

7. chukie ar la

Ultimately the Celtic board are the ones responsible to make the decision who will take charge in this amazing time in our history.

What are they thinking right now?
    Are they going to believe in NL?
    Are they capable and willing to find a better manager?

For me, I would be doing everything to find a better manager because getting over the line this year certainly wasn’t comfortable.

8. wulliebad

Mediocrity........you should have lived through the 90's........to many spolt * around these days...lennon was right.

AnnoniOnAnawNoo likes this.
  9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yep.

If that’s true then it sort of proves my thinking. Think he’s years behind when it comes to things like that.

Marty McFly likes this.
  10. Celtic-Rovers

Spoilt * because the fact there is money in the bank and an opportunity to dominate scotland for years to come ?

freitassen likes this.
  11. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    It's not the 90s anymore, we have the best team, most money, most fans and biggest stadium so we should be winning the league and playing with style. It's nothing to do with being spoilt it's just a fact that we have the best resources so should be playing well.

Twisty and Celtic-Rovers like this.
  12. ddub11

Are you saying our performances under lenny have been acceptable?
    From what i can see the criticism of lenny is because under him our performances in general have been poor.

We cant live on past glory,s or look back on the past to justify poor performances today,we are a progressive club trying to go forward.

Celtic-Rovers likes this.
  13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wulliebad longing for the days of * all trophies again. * bless you and all the non spoiled fans.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lenny's presser yesterday just reinforces my belief that he won't be gettin the job.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The 90’s, the 90’s.

Aye, twenty plus years ago. A lot has changed since then. As Lenny said, we’ve won 14 titles since 2000. We have been the dominant force in Scottish football this century. So when we see/feel standards slipping then we’ll say so.

Not sure why some people have a problem with others wanting and expecting the best.

freitassen and Bob Loblaw like this.
  16. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    People think you have a * given right to play good football, it doesn't work that way regardless of resources.

Has this season been a bit of a damp squib? You bet your * it has, weve toiled in a far higher percentage of games than we should have. The blame for this doesn't lie with Lennon though, he inherited this side and has done his best to keep the wheels from falling off.

This season was always going to be difficult due to a very poor summer transfer window. That's not down to lennon or even Rodgers it's the sole fault of the board for me.

We are 90 mins away from a treble treble and I for one am ecstatic at that return. Next year will hopefully prove to be a more enjoyable watch whoever is in charge.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye, Lennon wasn't even here in the 90's ffs!

All this * about people only knowing success......erm, he must be talking about our 3 year old supporters, or 8 year olds who have never seen anything other than Celtic winning the league.

18. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

It's nothing to do with being spoilt and everything to do with wanting to see us capitalise on an unprecedented era of success and financial strength.

When compared with what this club is capable of recent performances and results have been the definition of mediocre, if not worse.

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Are the fans who watched us win the big cup in 67 and seen the 9iar the only ones who get to fairly criticise the performances at the minute then? :43:

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Lived through the 90’s, we can’t keep using that punch line, it’s 2019.

Aye the 90’s was horrendous, the main thing at that time was the team dominated continued to strengthen.

I’m not expecting us to cheat and go into debt but we have a stockpile of cash and the club hasn’t been in a better position financially.

But what do the powers at the top do? Keep the biscuit tin mentality and managers like Rodgers leave half way through the season.

What’s wrong with fans wanting the club to better them self’s each season? Strengthen from a position of strength? What’s wrong with fans having a voice?

Or should we just accept that the management at the top * the team over while keeping their massive salaries? Just cause of the 90’s!!!

We should be absolutely light years ahead of any team domestically but the zombies have got better while we have regressed.

Just done 8 in a row and a possibly doing a treble treble yet we will be manager less and a squad overhaul is desperately needed.

If Lawwel and co don’t get it right in the summer, never mind * up the 10 we won’t see 9 in a row.

Stop using the 90’s as an excuse for the money men at the club holding back progress.

Last edited: May 17, 2019