1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by littlekennie, Apr 18, 2011.

Discuss Game of Thrones in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Whats Bran the three eyed foreskin up to these days? 1 Ep left to actually be relevant

2. M 67

3. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    It wouldve been far better if the night king took winterfell .killed aw the daftees. Then marched to kings landing .cersei never even seen the night king ffs.

4. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    She's been ruthless in the past but only to people who have either deserved it or like Sam's brother and father who refused to bend the knee, * even varys betrayed her so I can justify that to a degree however the in no way does that explain her going from ruthless to mass murderer of innocents. Now yes she lost her dragons etc and lost messandie but she knew Cersei was to blame for that and she even said in the show that her enemy's is in the red keep where Cersei is, if she went and attacked the red keep after they surrendered and some innocents accidentally died then fair enough her hatred for Cersei overpowerd her care for the innocents but instead she systematically went through kings landing road by road purposefully roasting women and children alive for no reason especially when she knew Cersei was there waiting in the red keep the whole time. She has never even been cruel to innocent people in the past on a small scale to build up to this episode, it went straight to 100. That's why I think they needed another season to build up a cruel side to her, I dont care that she went mad because her father did but it needed time to properly show her descent into madness instead of just a flick of a switch.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    paulie walnuts and Officer Doofy like this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    See if snow gave her the boaby none of that would have happened..... How the * he knocked that back I don't know I'd be in like a rat in a drain pipe

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That was the full point of the masters and the guy she was married to talking about his Dad - not all of them were responsible for that, she automatically went to wholesale slaughter.

This was when her Worst qualities were generally being handled by Jorah or Barriston Selmy.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

And she was mortified.

For me there was absolutely no reasoning for her to flick that switch. It’s probably the most divisive episode ever judging by the reaction online. Some think it makes sense, others think it was ridiculous.

Anyway, that wasn’t the only problem in the episode.

Cba debating it any more tbh:giggle1: My opinion on it won’t be changed.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Nothing to do with being ruthless. She’s just found out she’s getting boabyed off her nephew who doesn’t love her how she wants and betrayed her. Her advisor just had her head chopped off in front of her by the woman who ultimately has what she wants. Her ‘child’ just got slaughtered in front of her. Her other 2 advisors just betrayed her trust, one massively so.

Her entire world crumbled around her so her reaction, after a period of stewing with no sleep or eating, was to lose the plot.

I think people misconstrue Dany for 2 main reasons; she’s small & cute and she has shown mercy historically to build an army.

Liam Scales and neilly1987 like this.
  9. celtic warrior

Arya needs putting down by the Many faced *'s Super assassins.

Sansa and Brienne need to a massive big women * scene with Tormund creeping, watching through the keyhole, Ghost then bites his baws off for being a creep.

Sansa when reaching her climax, has a flash back of getting handled by Ramsey and in moment of panic whilst wrapped in big Brienne's sweaty gash she reaches for the little stabby thingy Arya gave her and makes a kebab with Brienne's eyes.

Jon gives up and just accepts he's a little * and goes beyond the wall to become the Thenns * toy.

Danny becomes so attached to her dragon, she tries to make love to it and just gets utterly split in half.

Tyrion becomes depressed knowing he's the last Lannister, jumps of a cliff only to blown away like a little plastic bag by big gust of wind and lands in a Brothel, breaking every bone in his body with only his * left working and as the rush of blood goes there, he takes a fit, has a heart attack and dies.

Pod becomes a massive * addict and eventually loses his giant wing * in a rather unfortunate manner.

Gendry just * turns into his Dad after being rejected by a Stark *, gets gored by a wild hen.

Onion Knight develops a lethal allergy to onions and explodes in giant puss filled scene using the wilhelm scream.

Sansa Eats the eye kebab, becomes ill and gets a human like bovine spongiform encephalopathy and just goes Stark raving looney running around naked and deranged until her head goes *boop*.

Bran, the three eyed raven gets stuck in the past and in a loop of having his virginity broken by a Wight Hodor.

The one who ends up on the throne? Bron as he takes it over using the highgarden authority and sway and brings in 10 dornish wife's.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    paulie walnuts and Doogs. like this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Dany to kill Jon.

Tyrion will tell Sansa or Bran will see it and she’ll turn up at King’s Landing with Brienne and whoever’s left from the other armies and take the Iron Throne.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Arya goes back to Gendry now after everything she saw at King’s Landing.

11. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Game Of Thrones prequel reportedly has the working title Bloodmoon as the stars started shooting the new series in recent weeks ahead of season eight finale.
    Stars were said to have started filming, in Belfast two weeks ago for the new series which will follow the story of the Children Of The Forest.
    Naomi Watts was confirmed as the leading role in the series set five thousand years before the original HBO show
    A source told the newspaper: 'Thrones fans will be delighted to hear things have started with the prequel. Those working on the set in Belfast are referring to the series as Bloodmoon.

'Producers have put together a stellar cast and it will be must-watch telly for anyone who loves Game Of Thrones.'
    Lead actress Naomi will play a 'charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret' but the details of her character have been kept under wraps, according to Variety.

Game Of Thrones' prequel will unveil the 'horrifying secrets of Westeros's history to the true origin of the White Walkers', according to Variety.
    Children Of The Forest are an otherworldly non-human race who were the original inhabitants of Westeros.
    [​IMG]
    The mysterious beings were living in Westeros when the First Men migrated to the continent 12,000 years before Robert's Rebellion.
    [​IMG]

George R.R. Martin has made it clear that none of the current characters or actors will be involved in the prequels because they are set a long time ago.

Jane Goldman's series is one of five prequels to Game Of Thrones which are underway with HBO but Martin set the record straight that the new series are not spin-offs from the original show

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I think everything has been quite rushed this season and they would have had it longer if the writers didn’t have Star Wars coming up, definitely, but they’ve been laying out Dany’s bad side since the very first season.

The complete switch was probably too quick but they aren’t GRRM. It’s still a * quality, very enjoyable TV program.

13. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oh I agree with that, this series and last series have been to short and the pacing is all wrong. But the burning of King's Landing is definitely within her character

14. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Drogon seems to breathe the same kind of fire as the type that melted the steel in the twin towers :fear:

Artorias likes this.
  15. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

I swear this is a @DCI Hed Tastings mafia write up

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    ‘Reveal the secrets of the origins of the white walkers’

Gimme a break. They were *.

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think the episode was the best of this season so far, although that’s not saying much.

The nuclear option was the correct option given how nonsensical things had gotten in the previous episodes. Visually it was spectacular and seeing Dany go full ‘mad queen’ was beautiful. I’m ignoring a lot of smaller/less glaring plot holes here (dragons suddenly being able to evade the scorpions attacks; Euron washing ashore to exactly where Jaime is, Tyrion freeing Jaime etc). THe biggest problems this episode had was:

1. Dany going mad queen was very obvious given how blatant the setup had been in the previous episodes. It was handled very poorly though. I would argue that they needed to build up her madness over a much longer period of time to really make her going into full genocide mode feel believable.

People will say they were building this up throughout the series, and there’s no doubt that Targ madness was discussed previously, but we really hadn’t seen anything from Dany that showed her descent into madness. She had been ruthless to her enemies at times, but overall I would argue had demonstrated the least madness of all the potential rulers of Westeros. Stannis burned his daughter alive, Cersei blew up the sept of Balor, Tywin orchestrated the red wedding etc.

In contract, her own journey has a constant theme of wanting to free slaves, improve the lives of common people, avoid harming innocents and ‘breaking the wheel’. To go from that to systematically mowing down all of kings landing felt ridiculous to me. Something simple like, Dany seeing her army losing the battle and deciding to go into full ‘dracarys’ mode in order to seize power would’ve been a much more subtle way of conveying her madness and quest for the throne over the wellbeing of the people.

2. Jaimes character arc was basically a circle. It was terrible imo. This is a guy who had recently abandoned a pregnant Cersei, under the threat of execution no less, to fight against the undead. Since then she had ordered an assassin to have him killed (which he was aware of) yet he’s going to run back to her to die alongside her. It felt daft imo. I had actually assumed he was going back to Kings Landing to kill her in order to try and take responsibility for some of his own sins. The fight with Euron was also *. In fact, mostly everything Euron did was *. Would’ve been cool to see Jaime go out in a better way, but whatever.

Overall it was the best episode of a bad bunch. Dany going mad was a good outcome even if it was badly handled.

Jamesy Bhoy 7 likes this.
  18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    A show with a strong element of fantasy in it isn’t anymore liable to have plot holes.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never realised how many people disliked there plotline, I * loved it then it just kinda went nowhere

20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

The White Walkers were class man. Pure built up a feeling of dread over so many seasons. Quite liked how it ended though apart from how rushed it was obviously.

Liam Scales likes this.