1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hun Scum v The Champions, Premiership, Sun 12th May KO 12:00, Sky Sports Football.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, May 5, 2019.

Discuss Hun Scum v The Champions, Premiership, Sun 12th May KO 12:00, Sky Sports Football. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Kent on the left defo would tbh.

2. Goggzy60

Wasn't able to watch the game. So far I'm kind of glad I missed it. I definitely would have preferred watching it though.

3. ddub11

Trust me ye wouldn't,it was painful i wish i could erase it from my memory.

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Imagine if it was the other way round and the uglies were going for a treble and visitng CP, i would fully expect us to be right up for it regardless if they had better players, we would have nothing else to play for except pride, and that's exactly what it was for them today.

It's just such a pity we handed it to them on a plate, but the bigger picture is far more important than todays result, for all we know today could be a blessing in disguise.

5. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Don't even think the huns were that good today they had large spells where they offered * all and we just stood off them and let them play with no effort whatsoever was absolutely *.

Garrymac1888, Jhaf and G_portillo like this.
  6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    A few observations:

Their front three stood off our defence and didnt allow us to pass the ball into the second third. They pressed brown and didnt allow him to turn on the ball. Arfield was all over him like a rash. We couldnt get Mcgregor on the ball facing their goal because of this. Brown seemed to be the only midfielder showing for the ball when the defence had the ball. Rogic and mcgregor rarely showed for the centre backs. Mcgregor needs to do this more because he has he ability to receive on the turn.

Brown, rogic, and lustig are too slow/lacked energy and struggled to get about the pitch and close down. We were out run and out fought in the middle of the park. We were too slow and pedestrian on the ball.

We lack physicality in attack. There was little or no hold up play to help us advance up the pitch. Just too lightweight.

With Edouard up top on his own, we lacked an out ball as Hayes and Johnstone couldnt play higher up. We were far to slow to support edouard in attack.
    Our one and only real chance came because Edouard was able to play and give and go with Ntcham and then run in on goal. Burke absolutely fluffed it. You want edouard to be the one on the end of those chances and we failed to get him in those positions.

Gerrard got the better of Lennon tactically and we never found an answer.

The67Sound and Jhaf like this.
  7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    If there is a saving grace from this game this is it. They wernt that good individually, but their tactics were spot on.

8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I dont think we would have even have got him on the ball. We couldnt work out how to play through them. Its like we always have to play through brown or its a long ball. We struggle to play any other way.

9. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    180 minutes of football at ibrox and celtic never showed up for 2 second of it. absolute pathetic performance.

Cant believe that ref never sent of the hun for the elbow on brown, it's a blatant penalty.
    even if we get the penalty and they're down to 10 men it would have just been papering over the cracks.

this team has reached its limit and we need an overhaul of players and a real manager who will secure 10.

if desmond doesnt feel the same way today as the 2-2 scottish cup game under deila then i'd be shocked as today was humiliating. he'll cost us 9 in a row if he doenst deliver this summer.

10. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Agree , teams know to man mark Brown , an weve got no other option ?? Rogic an McGregor probs 2 off our best ball playing players, yet his all the game theve got to show for the ball an take some responsibility

11. ddub11

They scored early and done what they had to do to win the game,they kept us from scoring (one shot on target)at the least they were good,if you were a hun you,d say they were excellent.

I take no pleasure in saying that but lets not kid ourselves we were * and they exploited our weaknesses and they were always comfortable.

Overall we have had a better season than them but today was their day and the best we can do (we,ll the team)is remember the hurt and learn from it.

12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

We are * most of us can see it. Rangers prob better side the now but no chance we will let 10IAR slip

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    This game wasn't a cup final, we didn't lose anything other than 3 points, in the last few seasons Hibs and Kilmarnock have beaten us more times than the uglies.

That's not to underplay our poor performance, but we are Champions, and we earned it over the course of the season, despite a back-drop of managerial uncertainty and below par performances.

It's been a great achievement from the players, we shouldn't forget that. :shamrock:

14. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    If they were as good as is made out by their fans they'd have scored more than two, for large parts of the game they were there for the taking but we just didn't turn up at all.

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Yeah but we stil couldnt work it out. Mcgregor was never coming short and rogic was too high up the pitch. His lack of running either to make space for himself or to close down was killing us, as well as our inability to advance out of defence.

16. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Absolutely. As bad as we were they didn't rip us to shreds with class football, they did work harder than us, much harder, and didn't bottle their challenges like most of our players did. Their attitude was good ours was appalling. Sevco have improved but the real factor this season has been our decline. The Celtic side from BR 1st season would have had little problem putting that shower to bed today but the team has stagnated and we now find ourselves with a team that has no appetite for a fight, is lazy in defence and is predictable in attack. No one person is to blame, BR, PL, the scouting team and the players themselves have all contributed, as has NL to a lesser degree for whilst he's got us over the finishing-line and may well deliver the cup, the standard of football has been dire, late winners have papered over the cracks of poor performances and stupid team selections. Most surprisingly of all he seems unable to get the players motivated. I said after BR 1st season that we had a chance to leave sevco behind for a long long time but we've totally f**ked it. Keep NL and stick to our current signing policy and next season will be 50/50 at best. This squad needs a manager who will inspire them, who they'll be a bit in awe of, who they'll go the extra mile for just like when Rodgers took over and new signings need to be 1st team ready NOW not "projects" or "potential". We need players with experience to make a difference right away. I've no problem getting guys with a view to moving them on for profit in a year or two but they MUST be supplemented by quality 1st team ready players who'll improve us straight away.

alex_bhoy and charlietully like this.
  17. Momo Sylla

He won't be there next season anyway. Back to Jamie Murphy etc :lol:

18. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Didn’t look like a team playing for the manager. Woeful performance but if it gives them the kick in the pants to invest big in the summer then I can live with that.

19. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Not the slightest bit surprised by that, seriously can't remember the last time we played well.

I dunno what the issue is but it needs sorted, I fear for the cup final.

ddub11 likes this.
  20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Thank * this wisney a title decider today. :56:

packybhoy likes this.