1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    :57::57:

2. Maestro 08

Emotions always run high after a defeat against these * so I won't hold anyone to things they say now, myself included but I definitely get the impression that Lennon is far from happy with this squad and I think he has identified glaring weaknesses in our team, firstly as an opposing manager and now as the man at the helm. I believe and genuinely feel that given the chance he knows we need an overhaul and that he will deliver that. Above all others he knows what we want as a support.

johnfife1959 likes this.
  3. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    The regression had already started. Lenny might have failed today but Rodgers was just as bad the last time we went to that shithole. Lenny might not be the right man for the job but the snake didn't help running off mid season and taking as many of our management as would go with him. Playing to centre backs who would be gone next season not to mention crocking our left back and having no suitable cover. He really didn't give a * because he knew he wouldn't be with us next season and if he left a mess his successor would have a lot of trouble emulating his feat. Win win for a snake.

I care not to distinguish between the emotion of his decision to leave or as to why Mo Johnston moved to the huns.

4. Popes 11 Guest

Still went with a line up that was ridiculas and as poor as I have seen similar to the huns game january. No he's * fell short on performances and team selections and his backroom staff, its been just get us over the line stuff, very poor squad depth by the look of it,ok not his fault but team selection is down to him, surely? Back 3 and 4 midfield would have done today.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

First loss as manager since he came back.

:56:

6. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    The team have also been painful to watch and he has drawn three games 0-0.

Shouldn't be anywhere near it next year imo.

Tommy25 and cas79 like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Rubbish.

We’ve a joy to watch since he came back.

8. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Remember Rodgers lost at Ibrox in exactly the same manner this season.
    All things considered, its still only lennons first defeat this time round.

Some of the performances havnt set the heather alight, but he has went to some tough places and got results.

9. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

It's only one loss, but the writing is on the wall. There's been more uninspiring performances than good ones. People can ignore the warning signs all they want and talk about his first tenure all they want but for me it's blatantly clear he can't be the man to lead us next season.

Tommy25, Rydo1888*, Twisty and 4 others like this.
  10. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Scored 11 goals in 10 games since he’s been back. Not good enough

Tommy25 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  11. James Gold Member Gold Member

He keeps pushing the fact he's not changed anything we're a well oiled machine * when it's clear as day or style has totally changed

Tommy25 and neilly1987 like this.
  12. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We should have went there today with the swagger of champions, instead of having players that looked * scared to keep the ball. Others looked like they just weren't that interested.

We couldn't adapt to their tactics of allowing us to get to the halfway line, then attacking us in packs. We did not win a 2nd ball all day, and literally had absolute zero joy down both wings, against 2 * full backs.

As someone said earlier, we didn't line up to win that game today. We showed them far too much respect, and considering we're the champions, that is unforgiveable.

I'm just glad the league is won, because had it gone on another month or so, I wouldn't have been surprised if we cracked.

Roll on next season with hopefully a new manager with fresh ideas and a few fresh faces of real quality.

Xatraps, Tommy25, neilly1987 and 4 others like this.
  13. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Clutching a bit there but that can’t be surprising when your argument is based around an emotional rationale as opposed to an empirical argument.

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think tbf to Lenny it hasn't been easy for him, there is the assumption that because we have the best squad there wouldn't be a problem, but the mindset of the players must've been affected by Rodgers sudden departure, he worked with the players every day.

15. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    The emotional rationale of a betrayed Celtic supporter. * the snake he got his 30 pieces of silver and stepped on us on his way to “bigger” things.

16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Although improvements are required, I can’t accept that the team he currently has at his disposal is not good enough. Especially because all of those players are on the cusp of a treble treble and were 8 points clear during February. The stumbling and staggering since Lennon came in was not that apparent prior to his arrival - and no I don’t think we were in “crisis” at the start of this season as some folk like to make out.

It has got to the stage, that I would have a degree of concern about the league if the campaign still had 3/4 weeks to run or, alternatively, Rodgers left and Lennon took over 3/4 weeks previous to when he did.

For me, there has only been two good performances since Lennon has came in - both against Aberdeen. Every single other performance has been below par.

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    I love Lennon, when he was announced as interim manager i was very happy.
    my first thought was thank * a manager who will take us back to 2 striker, but every game we've played he's tried to emulate brendan rodgers style of play and done it exceptionally poorly.
    he should have brought his own style back and even at hibs that included 2 strikers, you should have played your own game and style neil cause trying to copying a style you know virtually nothing about will cost you the job.

18. clonbhoy

The line-up was poor, but what were the alternatives? With the exception of Benkovic, the bench is nowhere near good enough. The three lads that came on are all poor, even if Sinclair was decent once. The cracks have been papered over for a long time now. The whole transfer policy has been an absolute mess for a long time. As I said elsewhere, only four of today's starters should be starting for us in the qualifiers, for a variety of reasons. That is negligent.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

That's * horrendous tbh.

Tommy25 and neilly1987 like this.
  20. SuperZidane

Spot on - Neil's place in Celtic history is assured but his time has come and gone. IMO - the only really great performance since he returned was away to Hibs in the Cup. Even the 3 - 0 scorelines against Aberdeen were flattering.

He just does not have the tactical ability to take us forward. He was schooled by Steve Clark whose team outplayed us (without four first team regulars).

Yesterday was a disgrace - a rubbish formation, sticking with players who are obvious liabilities - Rogic, Lustig, Burke. Clueless for the whole 90 minutes - no idea of how to change anything tactically to combat their obvious superiority in midfield. Frankly, I think we were incredibly lucky that we only lost 2-0.

IMO - if he was getting the job - it would have been announced by now. I am just hoping that DD/PL have someone lined up and an announcement will be made soon after the Cup final.

Based on yesterday - I just hope we can get ourselves up for the Cup Final and get the Treble Treble. I'd love to see NL go out on a high but that must be the end.

He's undoubtedly a club legend but he's just not a good enough manger for our club at this time.

Frankly, if DD did give him the job and it goes badly (which I believe it will) - there is a danger of his status at the club being tarnished and I would hate to see that.

Blochairnbhoy and Dannybhoy81 like this.