1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you, Sevco

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 12, 2019.

Discuss Thank you, Sevco in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henke102

I don't want Lennon next season, and we badly need to invest heavily in management and in the squad as a major rebuild is required.

But that today can't all be blamed on Lennon. Too many were happy hiding and never wanted to be there, lack of professionalism, class, and respect for the jersey. To use a business term this team has reached the end of its 'lifecycle', and we should be looking to offload heavily in the summer and reinvest this back into the team.

seanm likes this.
  2. sabzz1888

Was a big wake up call, and if something drastic does not happen and we end up with Lenny next season it WILL be a dog fight and unfortunately we have a team of bottle merchants who have proven they don't have the fight in them and a manager who cannot get them to fight either.

This is a gamble too far and one that I see backfiring massively, Can you imagine sevco actually get their act together against the top 6 it will be embarrassing.

3. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    This should have been a wake up call to those in charge, but I just don't think it's going to make a difference. Like with so much else about the club, from transfer targets to on field tactics, they just doesn't seem to have any back up plans in place. That is why I fear that no matter what happens Lenny is going to get the job for next season. Which worries me a lot.

4. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Although I agree with the majority of your post, I do have to take issue with this.

We have won 5 consecutive Cups and on the verge of number 6 without losing a single match.

Additionally, each time it has been crunch time in the league the team has pulled through.

In the context of this game, and indeed, over the past few months we haven't especially set the world on fire but have gotten over the line, which is the main thing.

That means there is plenty of bottle.

Today's insipid performance and result in the grand context of this season is not going to have a major impact. That is not the same thing as being a wake up call for next season, which is a different matter entirely.

A team full of bottle merchants? No. Sorry, no chance. Completely disagree.

blackfish, Sydneysider and FranceCelt like this.
  5. RI Bhoy

Reminds me of the loss to them before the winter break....was also a bit of a wakeup call, but the board hit the snooze button instead of getting out of bed!!!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Rydo1888*, seanm and Taz like this.
  6. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hope the rangers board were really rubbing it in, last time they did they were made to regret it.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

A lack of class? You can be assured of that.

I doubt Desmond was there today though, I may be proved wrong...

Gully Sands likes this.
  8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

This season was their chance..

Jordan Jones killed them.. :56:

We do need to be vigilant and invest properly tho and this is indeed a wee wakeup call. They can compete with us and we need to leave thtm in our wake again.

9. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

* hope not.

Gully Sands and seanm like this.
  10. celticdawg

A big concern going forward is the lack of leaders currently in our squad., broony is the one player we have that has that nasty side that's needed when you visit that shithole !! We need a couple of signings that are prepared to mix it as well as play a bit , broony can't be expected to play to the same level the older he gets , i really think we missed a trick not getting john mcginn he would have loved getting in aboot those reptiles !!

muaythai postie and Henke102 like this.
  11. Mr. Slippyfist

This is the thing though, it's US that is giving them any leeway, or step ahead.

If WE use our vastly better financial resources and go get a * good enough coaching team along with decent enough players, then they cannot match us. Especially with their recruiting of freebies and loans.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

That's it mate.

Tommy25 and Sydneysider like this.
  13. saltire78

We have repeatedly shown that we have no intention of burying them when we get the chance. It's getting repetitive at this point. Sadly, I can't see the board changing tack with that. Hope I'm wrong, but just not feeling it...

14. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I genuinely think the * in charge are happy to sign spl players and a mediocre manager to keep us closer to the level of the rest of the league.
    Could be way off, but I believe it's in their interest for there to be a title challenge and to have us at arms length and no more from the rest of the league so they can sell tickets for home games Vs Dundee and Motherwell for prices like £35/38 a pop billing them as massive games. Also, seeing Europe as a novelty, roll up roll up, pack Paradise to watch our crucial 1st round qualifier against a team of Icelandic fishermen only £63 a ticket.
    Could be way off and the * are just lazy but either way it's negligent and has to stop.

15. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I don't think it is that personally. Well not through choice. I just think at Boardroom level we are *. Genuinely *.
    Always need DD to make a massive decision and give people a rocket up their *. Is anyone there able to take responsibility in line with their * pay grade? Seems to me we are paying people have meetings with architects, Glasgow council and light bulb technicians but not actual football people about footballing matters.

blackfish and neilly1987 like this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This is reminiscent of 2016 isn’t it......

17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hayes and Johnston on the left, Lustig and Burke on the right.

Those flanks are so painfully bad it's almost hard to believe we went in with that team.

Massive shake up needed in summer and I make Rangers favourite for the league if, by some * ultimate brain fart by the board, Lennon is in the dugout.

That's the reality of the situation. Money needs spent on a manager first and foremost.

Gully Sands likes this.
  18. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Good OP.

We need to trim the fat, spend 20m, and, most importantly hire an inspiring manager.

19. Maestro 08

Yet he had the measure of Rodgers when he came up against him.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  20. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

It's kind of hard to see how the board can appoint Lennon now.

So many Huns are desperate to see him appointed it would actually give their support a lift before a ball is kicked next year. So many Celtic fans don't want him appointed, so you can imagine the pressure if we fail to qualify for the Champions League, or if our recruitment is underwhelming, or if we fall behind early on, or if we lose the first derby. The scrutiny on Lennon would be unbearable.

As many have pointed out, you can only hope that Desmond is as * off by events yesterday as he was at the semi-final back in.

Rydo1888* likes this.