1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you, Sevco

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 12, 2019.

Discuss Thank you, Sevco in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

One thing worries me,they done us like that before and we thought it was a one off,but to happen again is worrying.

seanm likes this.
  2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

It feels odd because we are one game away from a treble and we should be * a hoop, but I cant shake this gnawing thought that the next few weeks is a tipping point for us as a club....and I'm really apprehensive about the direction we take.

Xatraps, ddub11 and seanm like this.
  3. Mr. Slippyfist

Of course you cannot legislate for Fraudgers * off to Leicester, but if the reports are to believed (which I have no doubt they are true) and the wee * was sounding off about jobs elsewhere months and months ago then we should have been sounding off too to other manager's about availability.

The timing of it was perfect though with Lennon having "left" Hibs, but * me this is turning out about as worse as you can get.

Aye, he's got us over the hurdle with the league, but the fitba has been absurd, and not to forget we could and should have won the league earlier.

The players do not look like they're taking to him, and it * shows.

I would honestly take a * like Mourinho now at this stage, and I * hate him.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If I was there today I would've booed our players like I booed Henrik Larsson all those years ago.

JML67, Xatraps, Gyp Rosetti and 7 others like this.
  5. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Massive wake up call.

Lenny will always be welcome at Parkhead, but as these past few months have been an audition for the fulltime role as manager, it's been less than impressive. Sadly he had not the preparation, able to adapt tactics, nor ability to motivate the team to put up more of an effort than that insipid showing, sadly underlines why.

The ironic thing is, the only thing to like about today is... every post in this thread so far.

Edit - not including @Seán Mac D comment about booing Henke. That is blasphemy.

Gully Sands and ddub11 like this.
  6. vortex666

Lennon getting the job ..and then losing the league next season is every hun * dream and they are on the up .where we look shell shocked for months.they will outspend us again which is shocking .

7. Mr. Slippyfist

As much as a we * that Rodgers is, it's very much clear that he was a far superior and progressive manager than Lennon will ever be.

It looks to me that Lennon is like somecunt who has time-travelled from the 1950's to 2067 - and has been asked to fly a spaceship.

Totally out of place.

Gully Sands, Valhalla and The IRA like this.
  8. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Aye it's the only positive today, complete rebuild needed to the team and coaching staff. Lennon got rid of some of the rats, now it's time for a new manager to get rid of the mediocre players- honesty there is only about 5 players in our full squad that are good enough starters- Bain, Tierney, Ajer, McGregor and possibly Brown. This is possibly going to be the biggest rebuild we have seen, new manager needed, new scouting team needed and at least 7 new players. Surely the board aren't going to risk our 10 in a row ambitions by having Lennon in charge when they can take the pressure of themselves while giving the fans what they want by appointing a high profile manager that isn't * Moyes ?

Garrymac1888 and seanm like this.
  9. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Bain - * up for the first, but I'm ok with him.
    Lustig- love him but *, time to go.
    Ajer - yes
    Jozo - yes
    Hayes- not for me, albeit out of position
    McGregor- poor game, but yes.
    Broony- yes
    Rogic- seeya,
    Johnston - just a kid and ridiculous throwing him in.
    Burke - * aff
    Sinclair - * aff
    Eddy - needs a partner
    Toljan - * aff
    Ntcham - * aff
    Forrest - big yes
    Benkovic - should be signed.

Others to get rid, Gordon, De Vries, Bitton, ....loads more, and unpopular as it may sound, need to strike something with Griff so he can sort his life out and we all move on.

Massive summer.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'll be different on the day but I agree mate..

Today has scunnered me big time..

Will be great doing another treble but beating some pish diet side won't make up for the feeling of discontent and major concern around the club..

We should never ever of been in this state..

Xatraps, Valhalla and Garrymac1888 like this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Spot on.

Don't know how anyone can disagree now.

12. TheHappyLoss

Belter of a post , we dwarf them financially it shouldn't even really be a competition. In saying that it would help if some of these guys could pass the ball 10 yards to each other. It's a sore won today but no trophies are won or lost because of that today, remember beating them 3-0 in the Hampden season ? Meant * all really

13. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Spot on mate, and you know the weird thing..having a few scoops with my son and a few lads and 1) I half expected this today and 2) and probably more worrying, I'm not even as angry as I usually get!

Is this apathy, or just because it was in essence a dead rubber....not sure, but * me as a club there is surgery required bud.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye i feel scunnered but was more raging about December..

Don't know if that's cause the league's done like you say or getting more used to harder game's but just * innit..

Knew we had no chance at 2 nil. Absolutely zero of even nabbing a goal back. Bad time's and definitely a shift in mindset from before mate..

Let's just hope it signals a big shift in change at the club in a few week's :50:

15. freitassen

I also want another coach but if we get the same type of signings we are getting there is no one capable of changing this.

Rodgers had Dembele and Sinclair brought along when he came in, for one transfer window it looked like the board woke up.

Many of the issues come from we having a pathetically managed squad. Tierney playing until exhaustion because we had no one to replace him. Lustig playing because the alternatives are worse. A weak bench uncapable of turning things around. There is a lot that is down to manager's incompetence but no one in the world would be able to change things for better if we keep the squad we have.

Far too many of even the top earners have no hunger and hide during the game. We need as many guys out as we need in.

16. freitassen

I hope too but dont think so. This game was worthless, Deila's game was a cup semifinal against a second tier team, much worse than now. The board will certainly find a way to excuse this. Lennon is not just the cheapest but the easiest option and this is what they always do.

17. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, but Deila at least got to penalties, and were actually the better team We there, got battered. Humiliating for the board, if ever there was a sign that wee need big changes, another Rodgers type appointment, that's it.

freitassen likes this.
  18. wulliebad

Same old same old....we have some * games,fans shout its a wake up call.......then we sit and watch the window slip by while we spend * all..........we have to be the only club in the world who can have 20-40 million in the bank and can't improve the team:39:.......And don't get me * started on the whole 6 months with only one striker crap...ffs:triplomur.

4 defenders could leave this summer and two forwards.......we can't sign one good player at the best of times never mind rebuild a back line and find some strikers.

I fear its going to be a utterly * summer.

19. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Said it in the group chat . Same performance we seen under RD in the semi .

20. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Well said mate

Straight on the money no * about