1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic’s next permanent manager

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Feb 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic’s next permanent manager in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    If Rodgers became unhappy with how he was backed in the transfer market by Lawell, then how long do you think it will take Mourinho to start bumping his gums?

He spent money of Lindelof, Dalot, Bailly,
    Matic, Fred and then threw big money at Lukaku and claimed he wasnt given the backing he required.

His treatment of Luke Shaw, a young and promising full back who was enduring a tough time after a horriffic injury, in public was also a disgrace.

As nice as it is to be linked with such a high profile name, definitly not for me. Guy has lost his spark and i think it would be a bad move for us.

Conlon, Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Scary sign, considering Tierney isn't really fit. Makes me reconsider my acceptance of Mourinho's possible arrival.

Jo-Jo-Buffon and Lilac Wine like this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    For what its worth-

Gianluca Di Marzio, the italian journalist who has published the rumour, had previosuly claimed that Van Dijk was going to go to Chelsea.

One that he did get right was that Higuain was going to sign for Juventus from Napoli and he did.

I dont think there is any truth in Mourinho being offered the job tho.

4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I dont think it would be the certainty that you think.

Style of football would be totally different than to what Rodgers played and id argue that it is even more of a ridgid, less fluid style than Lennons.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    On paper, even tho Mourinho has probably achieved more, i think Rafa would be a better fit.

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    To be fair it wouldn't surprise me if the club were interested they would still deny it because just now we are on the treble treble with penny and announcing a new manager just now would unsettle things

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Anyone that's saying they don't mourinho... Is only saying it because they generally don't think we can't get him kind of softens the blow

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

8. leeso-ardoyne

He fell out with the biggest bunch of * to ever set foot on a football pitch. * like them jock Stein would have kicked their teeth down their throats! * like that disrupt dressing rooms and ruin teams! It will be different at us. Anyone we get will respect that man for who he is and his achievements. With the right players he will bring in, I would expect to see us in another uefa final. Could you imagine the irony of it and in football, this * usually gets thrown up. Jose the man who cheated us in our last European final will be the man to bring it home.
    As much as I hated the * for what he did that night, I was there and if anyone asks me to name a few worst moments in my life, then that night was one of them. Walking out of that stadium drained haven lost it was terrible, hated the * for years however he's one man that could bring that uefa cup to sit in our trophy cabinet. Him or Lenny, then it's Jose all day long!!

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Mourinho, is unrealistic and a he’s a footballing dinosaur.. the game has moved on.

However, the calibre of player we could attract would be on a different level.

PorchBhoy67 and Liam Scales like this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

And that's the very reason why we should be trying to attract as high a profile manager as possible.

Tommy25, ThisIsGhod, Xatraps and 4 others like this.
  11. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I hate tyese itk types.I very much doubt lawel tells this stephen any of his business at all, for this big mouth to put on his twitter account.The best way to deal with these stephen mgowan types is delete them from twitter untul they dont have an audience.

I dont think were after mourinho tbh.Logic or common sense can tell us tht not this fud stephen.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

McGowan Actually knows what’s going at Celtic.

The * on KDS don’t have a * clue.

13. ThisIsGhod

People here would turn down,

-A two time Champions League winner with Inter and Porto

-a guy who got a * Man Utd team to win the EL and finish second last season.

* me, people here need to move on.

Gully Sands, Tommy25, Xatraps and 4 others like this.
  14. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: Naaawwwww we're no.

If you think of the others who have come from down south with great stories of the streets paved with gold and us being so pish this new rookie manager will be * great cause it's easy to win the league up here. Then they * off on the first flight back when it goes * up.

We need someone who cares. I don't think Mourinho cares much about * all and certainly not the way we want to play football. Don't mention Porto, if we had access to the South American talent they do we'd no need to look for a manager they'd be lining up Kerrydale St.

So if it's not Lenny, possibly Moyes, Clarke or in our wildest dreams Rafa. That would be bigger than Brendan and he was in my wildest dreams before we signed him. Rafa's no Celtic mad though faithful through and through so you know that's never going to happen :fear:

I'm a Lenny fan, I have absolutely no doubt he can handle the board's nonsense because he's been there before so he'll have already weighed that up. He'll be wanting 10iar just as much as any Celtic fan. Doesn't mean success but it means commitment and there is no flight down south for Lenny.

Moyes being a fan could be interesting, obviously experienced, just dunno, big pressure here and his Man Utd saga was a terrible lack of judgement and foresight. Plus he'll no mind flying south if he sees winter is coming.

It is an interesting point Prof and I'm not trying to be wide cause I don't like the spectre of Mourinho but we're missing the point, after the money it would take to attract that *, you think football players are attracted by the quality of the managers BMW? They want their own.

Unless they're all going to do it as a project because they're already minted and don't need the money and just want to be part of history.

I wasn't a wido there at all there was I :humpani:

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  15. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    folk would moan if we signed messi

ThisIsGhod likes this.
  16. oh bhoy

Pretty sure I read somewhere( probably on here) that mourinho was playing golf with desmond last week .if not him hopefully the standard of manager we are looking for

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Announce Jose! I’m a forgiving type of *. :fear:

Gully Sands and ThisIsGhod like this.
  18. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Too greedy

shaunbhoy67, Jax Teller and mickcfc91 like this.
  19. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    You could argue the money spent on Mourinho would attract high quality players

JC Anton likes this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

True, it pie in the sky in any case.

Gabriel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.