1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jozo Simunovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Aug 15, 2015.

Discuss Jozo Simunovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That was bursting my balls when he scored trying to figure out who he looked like your spot on m8.

Rydo1888* and Zander like this.
  2. celtic warrior

Right * it, put this * uptop and have him partner Eddie.

We can find more CB's

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Quality player when he's in the mood. Delighted for him.

Idioteque and neilly1987 like this.
  4. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Was great 2016/17, lost a bunch of confidence through injury I guess, but I always liked him he had a good partnership with Erik for a period, I think Benkovic coming in has helped him a lot.

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Keano88

A great decision bringing him in to form a partnership with Ajer.

Could be crucial come the qualifiers.

6. Onefootwonder

He's had a good end to the season.

A couple of vital goals thrown in too.

7. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The dribbling:56:

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Exactly what i came on here to say. When was the last time we had the same CB pairing end the season and start the next together? We'll still need another CB at least but not having a defence playing together for the first time in a Champions League qualifier is a real bonus.

Tommy25 and Keano88 like this.
  9. Keano88

Yep still need another couple in but good to know we have a decent partnership available. (fingers crossed no injuries)

Ajer, Jozo and 2 new signings.

Release/Loan/Sell Hendry and Compper.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Difficult, spend money on one and look for a loan? I wouldn't want Ajer to be pushed out the team as i think he's developing into a good CB. There's money to be spent across the back four, so we'll have to prioritise where we spend it.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Spend decent money on a good centre half. Stephen Welsh should be promoted to the first team squad as well.

Tommy25 likes this.
  13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    The spirit of big Billy is in him
    I don't know but something spiritual has happened to our Jozo

14. DonnyCelt

Been exceptional last 2 games. Done the Bhoys and Cesar proud. Long may it continue. Well in Jozo

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Great decision from Lennon to play both him and Ajer, knowing that Benkovic will be away in the Summer. Also proving that he’s a goal threat

16. Ak1

Jozo has been the biggest beneficiary of Lenno coming back.

So pleased to now see permanent signings prioritised over temporary loan players.
    For all BR's Celtic fan spin, his actions in using our shirts to develop other clubs players was beginning to really grate with me, as I felt he was using it to disguise his inadequacies in the transfer windows.

I much prefer Jocks 'Celtic shirts don't shrink!' philosophy, which Lenno obviously seems to be following.

Keep it up you big beast

Celtic Bhoy 94 and Tommy25 like this.
  17. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    brilliant goal again, cant believe we've scored 3 headers now from our last 4 goals iol

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

YOU wait all season for a Jozo Simunovic goal and then two come along in the space of a week. The Croatian defender scored the only goal of the game in the 1-0 win over Kilmarnock in the most recent home game.

And he followed it up at the weekend with a powerful header from a corner to put the Hoops 2-0 up against Aberdeen and on their way to a 3-0 win, three points and an eighth consecutive league title.

The 24-year-old has been in impressive form since returning to the starting XI at the beginning of April, and he’s delighted to be contributing to Celtic’s goals tally while playing his part in the team’s impressive defensive record.

Speaking exclusively to this week’s Celtic View after Saturday’s title-clinching victory, Simunovic said: “The game against Aberdeen was very good. For us as a team, winning the league is always a wonderful feeling, and being able to chip in with a goal is always nice from a personal perspective.

“To win so convincingly against Aberdeen at Pittodrie is not an easy thing to do, so we’re proud to do that as well. It’s also good to treat our amazing fans with three goals and a league title.

“Scoring twice in two weeks… I’m very happy with that. I feel like I’m enjoying a spell of good form at the moment, and the most important part of playing well is to help my team-mates, with good defending, clean sheets, and goals wherever possible. Those are always a nice extra.

“It’s great so secure the title, and now we go to Ibrox to play Rangers with a little less pressure. That said, we’ll prepare for that game like we would any other, and will look to play the same style as we did against Aberdeen. We know what we need to do there, and we know how we want to play and approach the game.

“The Rangers game is a big game, no matter what. It doesn’t matter if we’ve won the title already, we want to go there and give everything, we want to show that we deserve to win, we want to show that we’re the best team in Scotland. For us, the task is very simple.

“And if I can keep playing, I can keep scoring headers! But, seriously, I’m very thankful to be playing and scoring goals. I’m always of the view that goals are possible when a player’s confidence is high, and playing well in games helps that process along. Goals are in many ways the prize for hard work.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: "Defensively we've been fantastic. Jozo has came back in and been a revelation for us.
    @ScottBain_
    has been outstanding in all aspects of his game."