1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Trivial Things That Annoy You Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Dáibhí, Jul 13, 2014.

Discuss Trivial Things That Annoy You Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Davbhoyinoz

Good upgrade that one :50: Hope you made the most of the bar?
    Think the A380 is only operating temporarily to Glasgow while they do runway work in Dubai then it goes back to a 777.

A380 as Emirates now run a380s into Glasgow.

2. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    I flew business class coming home from Beijing. Very comfortable but cost me the same as my economy flight. See when the seatbelt sign goes off, grab your stuff go up and find an empty business class seat and park your * lol.
    Seriously mind, the guy I was visiting does it all the time and only twice in a dozen or more flights has been asked politely to return to his seat.
    Let’s be honest, is it anything to them were in the aeroplane you sit once your flying, not really. Think it may have to do with someone who’s payed full whack maybe clicking on and complaining about it.
    Checked the price for the seat on the same flight different date £2100. * that lol

3. TimFloyd Gold Member

Little bit, was working early the next day.

Made the most of all the free food though! Couldn't move come landing haha

4. TimFloyd Gold Member

Stayed at my maws last night.

Woke up 4am for a *.

My maw has a Welsh Terrier puppy, heard him whining in his cage and wouldn't stop so heres me thinking just let him out for * like we did our old Labrador.

Unlocked his cage and opened the back door... It was at this moment Tim Floyd * up.

321 Intense Garden zoomies and barking like a dog possessed incoming.

So there's me out in the back garden at 4am in my * boxers try to chase down this wee * all with while me chasing him its getting him more excited and barking even more.

Eventually caught him but game over that was him well and truly am I * going back in the cage land.

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Opening a new packet of weetabix

6. Mr. Slippyfist

I have to ask, what's annoying about that?

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If it’s not paper, and it’s that plastic stuff, it’s a * to open and crumbs go everywhere

Mind this is trivial :56:

M.E.T.H.O.D MAN likes this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

That I instinctively click on the last page number instead of the thread title on here and it takes me to the most recent post instead of the last post I saw.

9. clonbhoy

I am no fan of mobile phones and less of a fan of Steve Jobs and his evil company, but they are a necessity in the modern world, so I use my partner's old iPhone. It has this news app thing on it, I have never used it or looked at it and had never got an update from it until a rich woman had a baby. Since she did, I have had 2-3 updates a day. I have deleted the thing after the last one, but Apple are * for pushing things you have no interest in, it seems that includes royalty.

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    * going on about GOT in work when they know you are trying to avoid it. * is gonae end up through the oven at 285 degrees.

Marty McFly likes this.
  11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don’t watch it but there’s one guy that seems to want everyone to know he watches it here too.

Another peeve about work, birds going on about how they have PT tonight, or had PT last night. I’d rather they just shut up and demonstrated their squat form instead.

It’s now replacing the vegan joke for me.

How do you know if someone uses a Personal Trainer at the gym?

They will tell you.

Gyp Rosetti and Seán Mac D like this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

True mate. I had a PT session last week.

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Them and Vegans should be shot!

Marty McFly likes this.
  14. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye man. Next * to ruin Ru Paul’s Drag Race for me is getting a stiletto right through the gammon flaps!

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yous army boys really are sensitive. :84:

16. clonbhoy

It's part of our need to over-complicate everything. If someone wants to use a personal trainer, go for it, but that isn't enough. All these things are the same: yoga, pilates, mindfulness, veganism...
    They all come from a generally basic and good idea, but then the mindset of mass consumer capitalism gets a hold of them and they have to be sold as something they are not. Most Yoga 'moves' or 'positions' or whatever they are called were invented in the West in the last thirty years, because there is * all ways of making money out of traditional yoga. A few ways of sitting and meditating to get your mind and body fitter don't ring tills. You also can't really boast about that. So now you have the 'yummy mummy' brigade running about in designer gear telling every * how great they are because there 'yogi' has thought them to master the 'downward dog'. At £40 a pop I would expect to be a house-trained 'downward dog'.
    In fact, the more they pay the better! It is the same with 'PT's. I have overheard people boasting how much they pay a * to tell them move. Conversations along the lines of: "my guy is only 35 pounds an hour"
    -"really? My Flavio is 65 pounds an hour and he includes a diet plan"

Hipster is the new 'yuppy'. Being 'vegan'often has * all to do with saving the planet and a lot more to do with saying 'I am rich enough to be able to be incredibly picky about what I can't eat'. When you point this out to them they tell you they can knock up a week's supply of 'tarka daal' for 85 pence. Of course! All you need is the time to learn how to make an exotic dish, a convenient shop selling the ingredients and the determination to tell your kids that chicken dippers are off. They have less of an answer when you point out that the avocado that makes up half their diet is far worse for the planet than the dodgy burger I am dribbling on. There's turf wars over avocado farms in Mexico, there's none over my dodgy, greasy, Halal, 50% bone and brain burger usually come form Anglo-Irish beef and the like, and it wasn't shipped halfway around the planet on a giant lawnmower.

Mindfulness is one I have personal experience of. It is, in its simplest form, a good tool for cracking mental health problems like anxiety. An eastern practice, not a million miles away from 'yoga', of learning to get into the present for a few moments each day. I think it is something all humans did when we are all religious societies, giving time each day to our spiritual side, but then we lost it as we became more religious. Now you have * charging hundreds of quid for 'mindfulness retreats', companies in the City of London are hiring these * too. 21st century snake-oil salesman. Taking ten minutes to step back from life is now an industry worth over a billion dollars in the USA. I need ten minutes to take that in.

Anyway, I needed a * rant, this happened to be the subject.I took the personal trainer ball and ran with it, 'cause that's just me man! But, if you want to be top-knotted, smug, vegan, yogi-zen master cyclist you go for it, ye smug *, but keep it to your * selves and stop boasting how much money some even smugger * has just tapped you up for.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Johniebhoy. likes this.
  17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Feel better now? :56:

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    [​IMG]

19. clonbhoy

Quite a bit better.:56:

20. StevieBhoooy!

People especially sportsmen ... and very especially footballers who pose for photos with their hands out doing that ‘finger & thumb’ heart thing !!!!

Just fkn stop it!

ChrisMoh and TheHappyLoss like this.