1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patrick Roberts!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by AJ Styles, Jan 24, 2016.

Discuss Patrick Roberts! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. clonbhoy

I would like a 10 with different qualities to Rogic. I think Tom has more to give on the European stage, but it would be nice to have a different option to come in. Maybe someone who can play more as a second striker.
    I ddidn't say he was a luxury player, I don't think he is. I do think it would be a luxury signing because having three right-wingers of that quality(although I know nothing of Shved) is a luxury. I know he has played in other roles, but I am not a fan of shifting players away from their best positions too much.
    We need a left-winger, not a right-winger who can do a job there.

2. celtic warrior

Roberts value now is a no brainer.

His age, his potential and overall ability it would be crazy to turn away.

Let's not forget the sheer amount of injury issues Forrest used to have, again. Stupid to levy that against Roberts now.

3. clonbhoy

It is because it is incomparable, unless you work in a field that requires similar levels of fitness and rest to be at your best.

That question was rhetorical and was also of the straw man variety.
    What I was implying, overall, isn't that his need to put his social life in the public eye was affecting his game, it is that his position as a footballer is one that is heavily scrutinised, rightly or wrongly. By putting his personal life in the public eye whilst struggling professionally isn't a sign that he is unprofessional, but it is a lack of awareness about how it will be perceived and, whether we like it or not, perception is important in all walks of life.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  4. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Would get rid of Sinclair if he doesn’t improve by the end of the season and try and bring Roberts in.

No brainer.

5. XTierneyx63x

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Would have him back in a heartbeat! I don’t see anything wrong with what he posts on instagram either!

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The only one perceiving it that way is you.

Get off the guys back.

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would 100% take him back. We’ve missed him.

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Get him signed, should be a good chance as well as I can't see an EPL team wanting him, hes too weak, slow and not got the fitness to defend at that level and would be quickly scapegoated to the bench and never get a game.

So his choice would appear us or the Championship.

Surprised he never done ok in Spain though, its a slower pace less rough and end to end and should have suited him but his team were probably still just too pish for him to see enough of the ball.

9. Keano88

Aye just the 14 more assists :lenny1:

10. clonbhoy

Not at all, there are other posts a few pages back that are suggesting he has lost focus due to his social media presence and,more importantly, as he doesn't have a * notion who I am, it doesn't matter if I am on his back (although I am not), but it is very likely that managers and owners will be aware of it. Again, as I said before, whether that is right or wrong is largely irrelevant.

Put simply, if he doesn't put pictures of himself up enjoying himself he can still actually enjoy himself and is guaranteed to get no criticism for it.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. celtic warrior

Someone remind me, at what age was Forrest when his nights out consisted of getting pished and waving his third arm around like a flag?.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Not just that but if you don't count penalties Forrest has contributed about 20 goals more than Sinclair and he's done that while being a far better defender.

Forrest i'd actually say is the 2nd best defender at the club from midfield forward after Brown.

What makes Forrest stats even better is he is never up the park for a set piece, every freekick or corner players go forward Forrest is the one who stays back at the half way line. Imagine how many more goals he'd have scored if he was allowed up around the box every time we got a set piece would probably have had an extra 2/3 goals or assists per season. Things like McGregor setting up Jozo yesterday Forrest could never do as he's never there.

McChiellini.. and Keano88 like this.
  13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

So he gets criticism for posting on social media. Sound :giggle1:

14. clonbhoy

He gets criticism for having a lack of awareness, that is just the medium he has used to display it.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You keep saying awareness. Posting on social media has nothing to do with awareness. People can perceive his posts however they want.

16. clonbhoy

It kind of does, that's the problem. Awareness is the perception of a situation, that includes how it will be perceived by others.
    Also, in any profession, employers will check the social media accounts of potential employees, I believe that around 75% of bosses do, across all industries. In an industry where public image is deemed important, and most well known players have a social media presence, I would imagine it is a 100%. I actually don't agree with this at all, but my view on it isn't reality. It is quite naive on his part.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Roberts would be a perfect acquisition due to the intricate side of his play. He can unlock defences and glide past players to open up play ahead of him. You get players committing at the wrong time inside the box to bring the wee man down. Is he a free agent after this season? Could be well suitable and due to the fact Spain hasn’t worked out for him. For me Forrest is much better but he is further on in his career than Paddy R.

cidermaster likes this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That’s not the point. I’m well aware that employers check social media and you can be scrutinised.

The point is, there’s absolutely no problem with what Roberts has posted.

19. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Very well put cool Bhoy:50:

packybhoy likes this.
  20. clonbhoy

I would agree, though Girona may not and that is why it is naive.