1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Best thing that happened in January was this man playing on. I have defended Brown from day one when everyone doubted him. I'm saying it now and only a prediction. He won't play all of next season. We need somebody like Wanyama to fill in. What a servant and player though. Think he now makes my dream team of my lifetime. Thanks skipper!

Really hope he stays fit BTW.

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Today’s the day when the SFA will hit him with the same ban they gave Kent for punching him in the face!

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Didn't his face attack Kent's hand?

4. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Said it before, if he gets a ban for anything relating to that game. Every Celtic player that is selected to play for Scotland in the up and coming qualifiers should refuse to play in support of their leader and our skipper.

It's a disgrace it's even went this far.

KRS-1888 and Tommy25 like this.
  5. StevieBhoooy!

Celtic will have their ‘big gun’ representation out on this one...

Really sounds like they’re not willing to let SB take any punishment on this one.

6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Neil Lennon in the paper today , " I'd be surprised if Scott gets a ban , but if he does we'll have something lined up for that ".

This could be interesting !!

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon insists he’ll be “surprised” if Scott Brown lands an SFA ban.

The Celtic captain’s disciplinary hearing is at Hampden today.

Brown faces a potential suspension for “not acting in the best interests of football” during the 2-1 win over Rangers last month.

Lennon has a contingency plan in place for the skipper missing tomorrow’s clash with Kilmarnock but reckons he’ll be shocked if he has to use it.

He said: “I’d be surprised if Scott gets banned but if he does we’ll have some-thing lined up for that.

“I’m not going to pre-empt anything but I’d be surprised if he got a ban for what people are accusing him of.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    if he gets banned its some standard theyve set

Tommy25 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Think he means game plan wise vs Killie

10. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    If he gets a ban, the SFA are more or less telling players not to celebrate a win or a goal.

Tommy25, Twisty and shaunbhoy67 like this.
  11. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    and i wouldnt be surprised

12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    If he gets banned they certainly will set a precedent for any celebration to be magnified and scrutinised, no matter the team. Aberdeen, Stranraer or Spartans. To punish one and not another is victimisation and harassment in the players working environment. You also have to look into the actual rules broken to receive such action. For example, when did the rule come into play? Is it specific and clear to interpretation? Has the right people at every club been notified to the seriousness of these actions as it will cost players appearance time for their clubs? And do we need to review every case that came before Scott Brown from when the rule was introduced?

For me personally I believe it is just another blatant case of prejudice in all its glory and aimed at Celtic football club. The SFA cronies have been fired up due to another possible treble on the rising and the pure bitter hatred toward Lennon and Brown by a Rangers support. A support that also lies at the heart and always has of our official governing body (SFA). This charge is ill advised and poorly raised as it actually appears as the mask slipping from the establishment and their support of the former establishment team and the new one who do a poor Karaoke performance of the last entity. Depending on the final decision Peter Lawell and Celtic should push for all cases to be reviewed and that is a reasonable request and any future dealing with the SFA should see us being hyper sensitive to every T being crossed and every i dotted.

scuzzy, shaunbhoy67 and Tommy25 like this.
  13. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

It's nothing more than hun appeasement.

Sevco's fault that they've got no discipline and can't lose in a dignified manner - not that of Celtic's or our captain.It should be a straight forward decision.

14. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    If he does get a ban......whenever Celtic score a broony mask should be waiting in the wings to celebrate with

FATLAZYBHOY and Tommy25 like this.
  15. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    *against a ranjurz team.

FATLAZYBHOY and Tommy25 like this.
  16. Mr. Slippyfist

One with any rational thinking brain would think it a straight forward decision, but we know fine well that huns do not think rationally, nor do those with certain degrees of.....well, let's just call it *interest* in enabling der Hun.

I suspect Broony will receive a punishment today, but by * on their own heads be it...

KRS-1888 likes this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not going to lie, part of me wants the SFA to ban Broony on this bullshit, made up charge.

A legal team will not only tear it to pieces in the subsequent appeal but it could also be the catalyst to go on the offensive about all the times that the SFA and their employees have not "acted in the best interests of association football".

It's gloves off time. I want a bloodbath.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

You're not the only one mate, I'm interested to see how it plays out if they do indeed try to push forward with this ridiculous trumped-up charge.

I can't remember if this has been appealed, but if not then that'll be the first port of call.

If that doesn't go ahead, or fails, then it'll go down the legal route - absolutely no * doubt about that. They will cite MANY MANY incidents of players celebrating in front of rival opponent fans and how nothing was done about that, but to do this because.....let's be honest, the Rangers players decided to be the AGGRESSORS and confront Broony off their own accord...

And, if they want to REALLY start their pish, we should refuse to release our Scottish players for international duty. Might kick up a bit of a stink with the bhoys that want to play for them, but hey ho...

packybhoy and Seán Mac D like this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

This is just the initial hearing, I imagine there's some sort of dispute or appeals process that follows.

Aye, that part is an open goal for them in terms of bringing up other instances but I was more meaning their silence on EBTs.

Their failure to take action on Campbell Ogilvie who not only had knowledge of them but actually received one while SFA treasurer. Surely not 'in the best interests of association football?'

Their failure to take disciplinary action on confirmed liar Dougie McDonald, aided and abetted by Hugh Dallas in the process. Surely not 'in the best interests of association football?'

20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Bolded part. That would play right into SFA's hands as they just need any excuse to dock points from Celtic and refusing to release picked players for Internationals breaches FIFA regulations and allows national associations to dock match points from every club match that has a player in that team that day.