1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on reclining seats on transport?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by TimFloyd, Apr 16, 2019.

Discuss Thoughts on reclining seats on transport? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TimFloyd Gold Member

Tbh it never bothered me when someone reclined their seat back as was always of the opinion there is still room and they are made to go back.

However. . .. On my recent flight to Dubai the * infront of me slammed his seat right back as soon as the plane left the ground and kept it like that for the entire flight (except when I asked him to put it up so I could eat my meals)

No big deal just thought it was a tad inconsiderate as me personally am always aware with someone behind me.

Now I'm currently on board a 9 hour bus journey to Surat Thani and this old woman (English I think) gets in the seat infront of me and BAM seat all the way back.

Tbf these ain't ordinary bus seats they are kinda like a * business class seat but I still I'm beginning to think its a * move to instantly whack the seat all the way back when you are just chatting to the person next to you.

Anyway... Just move on with my life or shower this old bint with haymakers and elbows?

2. Onefootwonder

Plane seats are too tight together to recline and not be intrusive to the person behind.

It is selfish to do it for long periods especially when it isn't a reasonable time for a bit of sleep.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've personally never done it. Can't sleep when travelling really..

Some people will argue that they deliberately stay up so they can sleep throughout their travel..

If you can see people are behind you chatting and it's clearly a tight-ish space...then common sense would be to no rip the * out of it..

Some people honestlyjust don't give a * though..

StPauli1916 likes this.
  4. StevieBhoooy!

I wait until they’re asleep and press the wee button and shove them forward.
    (Always sit on an aisle seat)

You can also jam something (rolled up flight mag works) into the hinge gap (to side) to limit the recline. Do as soon as sitting down.

Also if you spot the seat in front reclining you can use hands or knees to just stop it before it goes too far.

I prefer to sit up as can’t sleep even in long haul...

what really winds me up is the wnkrs who’ve got the seat reclined before takeoff even though they’re just going to be told to straighten it.

Same lot try to keep it reclined when landing.

Remember to scowl at the first class lot as you walk through as well!

I might just cut n paste this to trivial TTAY

TimFloyd likes this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye it's my pet hate. I'm 6ft 6 so it's a tight squeeze as it is. 10 hour flight and the person in front seat was right back the entire time... stood up at the end and barely touched my nipple.

Had a woman recline. Great she sat up to ear her dinner in relative comfort. Never unreclined though. Air hostess made her put it up.. instantly after she finished eating it fired back along with my drink. Cow.

Infact iv only ever had 1 person who wasnt a * and asked if it was ok. Duly put it back up after an hour anyway. Everyone else are just *.

Always wanted a pair of knee defenders

TimFloyd likes this.
  6. JordyBhoy Árd rí Éireann

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    If you can have beer, or order something with egg or beans in food wise, then keep letting rip. They’ll soon move their seat back to normal to get away from the smell.

Edit: Or as another option, start sniffing their hair and acting really weird. Unless they’re a 6ft 6 brick shithouse of course.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    ScottBhoy+ and TimFloyd like this.
  7. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Hate this. I deliberately push , shove with my knees the seat in front. No need for it TBH. Especially on a 1-3 hour flight that takes off at 10:00.

Must admit I have noticed more stewards are asking people to put their seats up as it's causing the person behind space issues.

Anyway, thanks for this. I'm on the 06:00 from Edinburgh to Prague tomorrow morning.....

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Doesn't bother me.

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Stab the lot of them. :fear:

Keano88, Drakhan, TimFloyd and 3 others like this.
  10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You’re very short though.

11. Nasser

I always recline my seat mainly to show my territorial dominance.

TimFloyd and MagnificentSeven like this.
  12. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Offt topic but 2 * of journeys spring to mind.Travelling through india in my 20s,I remember sitting on a bus from manali to leh for nearly 20 hours with a a overweight indian in front of me in a broken seat that wouldnt go forward.

Tried to runaway to amsterdam, when i was a teenager because of a warrant,got all the way down to dover by bus n cop came on bus with a warrant just before bus got on boat.Spent 2 nights in the cells,then court bus came to take me up road.Think it was about 14 hours all in,in a dog box freezing with the air con.Stopped once at a manchester cop shop for treat of tea n a * microwave crap,the generous turnkey even gave me a newspaper to read(the small things in life eh):giggle1:.Got to govan early morning,i thought great i can finally get my head down.door opens2 cops take me into interview to question me about my brother whod managed to elude them for about 6 months on a different matter,back to my cell for anthor hour .Another court bus came, which i wasnt expectin,to take me to sherrif.Spent all day in the court cells ,got remanded,another 40 minutes on the bus,then another 2 hours in the polmont dog boxes.Eventaully got upto my hall ,seen a name on the board of an old enemy in the same hall:triplomur.The final insult was when i eventaully got to my last box ,i had to share a cell with some smelly * who was farting what sounded like * bubbles all night:giggle1:

Gyp Rosetti and TimFloyd like this.
  13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I * hate it. Flew with Icelandair recently and that was quite tight, person in front put their chair back and it’s a nightmare. I can’t sleep on planes and I don’t put the chair back, always aware that it’s a shame for the person behind me.

14. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I hate it myself when someone does it right away, often aggressively.

There are few places like public transport where some people show their true colours. The complete selfishness and inconsideration shown by folk can be breathtaking.

And the problem is that decent folk pretty much have to put up with it, as everyone is there for the duration. In any other life situation, you'd separate yourself from cuntish behaviour if you could help it, but here it can sometimes be simply just another part of the journey.

TESLA likes this.
  15. Al Bootyerbaws

Doesn’t bother me really. If I’m putting mine back I usually do it slow or have a wee look over my shoulder to make sure the person doesn’t have a drink on their table and also to check how beelin they are. If they give me dirty looks I will put it forward a wee bit but if they look sound it will stay reclined all the way til the meal gets served.

16. Dhan

Constantly bump the seat with with your knees that normally does the trick also grabbing headrest when going for a pish ...inconsiderate *

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  17. celtic warrior

All the more reason to do it, I'd be leaning over salivating and having a furiously passionate wanking session like a loony. Scare them * stiff as you look them dead in the eye.

Reclining seats on transport is such a * pointless thing, all it does is wind up the person who's space you invade. Do away with them.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Trains in America were pretty class. Normally quiet, plenty of room, charging points and nobody behind you so the seat can go back. Didn’t mind sitting for hours listening to music and watching the world go by.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Quality :giggle1:

20. made in ireland

Good thread.This is an absolute pet hate of mine.

I usually boot * out of the seat in front for the rest of the flight/journey, if someone does it to me.