1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Season - Ins & Outs

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Apr 7, 2019.

Discuss Next Season - Ins & Outs in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

The manager debate will rumble on until the end of the season but whoever gets the job is going to need to manage a massive squad overhaul in a short timeframe with the qualifiers on the horizon.

Who do you think should go and what positions do we need to strengthen?

Definite Outs:
    Boyata (end of contract)
    Toljan (end of loan)
    Burke (end of loan)
    Weah (end of loan)
    Benkovic (end of loan)
    Allan
    Commper
    Gamboa
    De Vries

Other potential outs:
    Ntcham
    Lustig
    Bitton
    Gordon

Potential players going out on loan:
    Ralston
    Johnston
    Henderson

What’s required:
    First team CB
    First team RB
    First team LW
    GK
    Holding midfield (Wanyama type)
    Back up CB
    Back up LB
    Natural number 9

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You’ve pretty much summed my thoughts up perfectly.

We absolutely need a CB and RB to go straight into the first XI. Another couple of defenders needed for back up as well, or promote Church to the first team squad to cover at left back.

Sinclair’s goal contribution has been great in the 3 seasons but we need a better left winger. Whether Shved can play there or not remains to be seen.

Need to see what happens with Bayo. Hopefully he gets some game time and shows us something positive. If he’s another dud then we need a striker.

3. shaunm

Pretty much agree with most of this,hopefully get league wrapped up ASAP,give some youngsters game time,see if they can step up ie Ralston Welsh Church McInroy Johnston Dembele Oko-Flex,also give Bayo a run of games,see if he is good enough

4. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    We don't need that many ins imo...

Do we need a natural number 9 when we have signed Bayo who looks the definition of a number 9? Then Griffiths will be back aswell.

We have Hayes and Izzaguirre as back up LB.

Do we need another holding mid with Brown, Ntcham and Mcgregor in there? Possibly.

Edouard could well be played LW if Bayo and or Griff are up top. We have Shved coming in aswell and you would do very well to replace Sinclairs contribution.

A Quality GK, CB and RB and I would be happy. Plus any upgrades in any position should they become available.

Jo-Jo-Buffon likes this.
  5. Goggzy60

I would possibly add Sinky to the outs. Purely going to have too many wingers to accommodate. The list is massive

Forrest
    Sinclair
    Shved
    Hayes
    *Weah*
    Arzani
    Johnston
    Morgan
    Oko-Flex
    Dembele
    Miller

Really our list of wingers is massive. Hopefully get rid of Miller loan out Kara and Oko-Flex possibly Johnston. Still leaves us with 6/7 wingers. I hope we move back to a front 2 next season though playing 1 up top against the dross in this league has been stupid.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ones in bold cannot be considered first team players imo therefore I wouldn’t have them on the list tbh.

Hayes could go as could Sinclair therefore you are down to Forrest, shved and arzani

7. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    No chance of loaning out Karamoko

8. Goggzy60

We could also still get Weah back but next season I would hope we go to a front 2 possibly even a 3-5-2 or Edouard out left. Mikeys been around the first team for the last few seasons should have already been out on loan.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. Goggzy60

I would hope he goes out in the next few seasons hes extremely talented and has massive potential he already looks too good for youth football along with Oko-Flex.

10. Keano88

Izzy will be gone.

11. CountyDownFaithful

Griffiths will be coming back after a lengthy spell and might need time to find his feet. Bayo is an unknown quantity. For all of Eddy’s quality he isn’t a natural no9. For these reasons I think we need to bring in another striker with a proven record of scoring all kinds of goals.

Izzaguire isn’t good enough and Hayes is a make shift full back. We should be doing better.

Yes you’re right we have plenty options in midfield but I don’t think we have a Wanyama type player in there who can be a big difference in European and tough away games. Brown is coming on 34 and his game time will naturally decrease. There’s a big question mark over whether Ntcham will be here next year as well.

12. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Yeah 100% agree with that. Thing is what’s frightening for me we have needed all of them positions filled for the last two seasons.

Coming this summer we need a full time manager to add to that list.

Just shows you how the board and previous manager * it up at bit. These loan deals have crippled the squad IMO (Eddy is the only one who we signed)

I’m fine with 1 or 2 max loans but continuing with what has been happening will make it worse.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  13. CountyDownFaithful

Totally. I appreciate due to the inflation with tranfer fees we are unlikely to be able to sign players like Weah so loan is the only option but I’d rather we went for players who are affordable, can be developed and are going to be committed to staying with the club for years to come. John McGinn was a player who ticked all those boxes.

Loan players should be limited to 2 or 3 at the most. We are on the brink of history we need to build a squad with continuity.

14. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Out

De Vries
    Boyata
    Lustig??
    Izzy
    Benko
    Gamboa
    Toijan
    Commper
    Allan
    Sinclair

Ins
    Starting Rb
    Starting CB
    Maybe left winger or no.9
    Weah on loan

Squad
    Bain
    Gordon

New Rb
    Ralston

Kt
    Hayes

Ajer
    New CB
    Jozo
    Biton/Hendry

Brown
    McGregor
    Christie
    Nctham
    Rogic
    Eboue

Forrest
    Shved

Eddy
    Weah
    Maybe new winger ??

Thumb
    Bayo
    Maybe new no.9??

15. M 67

The question is: how much of next season will KT miss? Poor guy’s burnt out and there’s chat about niggling injuries (heard he has the same issue as Andy Murray?).

If he’s gonna be okay, then Hayes is alright for the odd game but if it’s longer then we need a proper LB to fill in. Always difficult finding someone willing to play 2nd fiddle though!

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    New keeper/Bain

New right back/Ralston/Perez

Ajer/New centre back
    New centre back/probably loan another (like Sandler from City)

KT/New backup left back/Hayes (don't rate that much but ok cover and versatile)/Church

McGregor/Christie/Broony/McInroy
    Rogic/Ntcham/Shved/Henderson

Forrest/Shved/Arzani

New left winger/Weah loan?/Johnston/Okoflex/Hayes

Edouard/New striker/Griff/Bayo

Would get rid of or no renew
    Gordon/De Vries/Lustig/Gamboa/Izzy/Simunovic/Hendry/Compper/Kouassi/Bitton/Morgan/Sinclair (on those wages). Well over 100g in wages off the book a week..

If Ntcham carries on with half * performances I'd sell for a good price close to 15 as long as it was reinvested and a like for like with a better attitude was brought in along with a few more..

Can see some of those above in the squad going on loan though. Bayo/Johnston/Perez/Henderson etc I can see being loaned out maybe in Scotland..

17. bhoy81

Like I said one or two at the very most for me, and now and the. We get someone like Weah.

McGinn for me was a massive * up by the board cause I feel he is the type of player who would step up into Browns shoes over the coming two seasons.

It * * me off that our board constantly * it up and never ever strengthen for a position of strength.

Back to square one this summer. Just hope they back the new manager early in the window and none of this wait and see pish.

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Realistically, we need another GK to challenge Bain, a new first choice RB, 2 new CB'S (one first choice, one back-up), a new back-up left back and new Left winger.

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Anyone on loan or out of contract should be punted. We need a RB CB and LW to go into the first team immediately.

We need another striker because Edouard is too incosistent and has games when he clearly canny be arsed.

If we’re serious about Europe then we need a new GK and 10 as well.

Try get as much money as we can for * like Bitton, Eboue, Hayes.

20. bhoy81

I was in the get rid of Hayes camp at the start of the season but his versatility has been great when he has been put into the side and gave 100%.

I would keep him, we have plenty of players coming to the end of their contracts this summer and the loans as well.

We should have a large amount of money saved off that massive wage bill, so the board can’t use that for an excuse not to bring any more in.

The only player I would like to see us get another loan deal for would be Weah, and try and get an option to buy, it’s a long shot but worth a try.