1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Hun Scum, Premiership, Sunday 31st March, Sky Sports Football 12:00 ko

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Mar 18, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v Hun Scum, Premiership, Sunday 31st March, Sky Sports Football 12:00 ko in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Bobby Madden has been tipped to referee Sunday’s Glasgow derby.

Former referee Derek Crothers has become something of a whistle blower in refereeing matters after resigning from the business last May.

Crothers became disillusioned by the cronyism involved highlighted by the dominance of the Lanarkshire Referees Association, explaining how those that befriended Andrew Dallas shot through the ranks for reasons other than ability.

While Crothers knows the issue involved Madden was in charge of Celtic’s last match, the 1-0 win at Dundee with back-to-back appointments of the same referee highly unusual.

Already this year Madden has taken charge of Celtic’s away matches at Kilmarnock and Dundee.

With Willie Collum in exile and John Beaton still to take charge of either club this year it looks to me like Craig Thomson will be put in charge of Sunday’s match.

Going against that however Thomson has refereed Celtic’s recent home matches against Aberdeen and Hibs with his last match involving Steven Gerrard’s side the Scottish Cup tie against Cowdenbeath on January 30

https://videocelts.com/2019/03/blogs/latest-news/bobby-madden-tipped-to-referee-glasgow-derby/

2. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Huns treating this one as a cup final, really a face saver for Stevie me me me......we should go for the throat, play a killer game annihilate them as Huns will turn on Stevie me me me who in turn will blame his players ask for mutli millions to replace players he brought in, the £ needed aint there, so he has perfect excuse to walk leaving Huns once fkd and clear road for 10IAR

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Last 2 games our football has been stodgy and they can't buy a win. It'll be a * game of football IMO unless someone like Eddy steps up to the plate like he has done in the past or like Ntcham did before he went off the boil. It'll take a special performance from one our main players to make it anything other than a drab draw or win by the odd goal.

Thing we have in our favour is, when fit, we have way more of those types of players.

Marty McFly likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's a joke that the SFA's response to incompetence/outright bias is to simply not assign them to the clubs they officiated against.

They orchestrated a witch hunt against Collum and haven't had him since. We've had him twice (Pittodrie and McDiarmid Park) and he was stinking on both occasions.

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Eddy the Provo needs to do this

[​IMG]

6. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Monday 11.27am and I have already contracted battle fever

7. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Cmon get inta this filth and put the soap dodgers back in their place:ynwacelti

8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Flanagan in as Barisic and Halliday out. Beat that * like he beat his misses

9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

You're right, however, I think the fact we played so awful in the December game we will be right up for this. Not to mention the fact we've got a few key men back from injury now, as well as the new boys who've yet to play in that fixture/atmosphere.

Could be a rout I think, Lennon knows the importance of smashing these *.

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    A win, any win.
    Preferably 12-0 but I'll take a 1-0.

belbhoy, Tommy25 and MagnificentSeven like this.
  11. StevieBhoooy!

I’d like to see it go a bit like this...

Celtic take a 1-0 lead after only 2 minutes... an early settler for the Celtic crowd who celebrate Burke’s early opener with hopes of more to come.
    Steven Gerard gazes moodily into the sky.

2-0 on the 10th minute.... a CalMac long distance rocket lands in back of net. Celtic already know they have this won!

Tempers flare in the Sevco defence as the referee has to pull McGreggor and Goldson apart. They’re all blaming each other and the goalkeeper is blaming everyone but himself.

Steven Gerrard stands in technical area, puts hands in pockets and gazes moodily into sky.

3-0 by 24 minutes when, with the sevco players already shell-shocked ... a cheeky lob from captain Scott Brown loops over the hapless opposition defence and, catching the keeper way of his line .. drops neatly into the goal for Celtics third.

Steven Gerrard stands in the technical area and gazes into the sky.

Half time can’t come quick enough for the Ibrox side.

Sevco subs all asking for ‘square go’s’ with the ball boys during the break after one laughs at them for drinking out of ‘Champions League’ water bottles.

Away fans all seem to have left... do they not realise we’ve still got half the match to play?

Huns down to 10 men by 50th minute..
    (Second yellow for Jack who has been playing hatchet football since kick-off)
    The penalty given is tucked away by Oli Burke who sends the already purple faced Alan McGreggor the wrong way.
    4-0

Steven Gerrard frowns a little, puts his hands in his pockets and gazes at the sky.

Mongo-rales, increasingly frustrated at his poor performance so far, attempts one of his ‘tricks’ , but goes badly wrong and is sent off for biting his own * in 59th minute...

Bhoys 5-0 up by 80 minutes...
    Wee Jamesy tucks away a solo maizey special on 79 and Lenny - going into a helicopter celebration frenzy is sent to the stand for actually achieving human flight for a few seconds and then landing on the 4th official.

Steven Gerrard stands in the technical area, scratches his nose, and gazes into the sky.

Anger erupts from away dugout on 90 minutes as 4th official declares 19 added minutes to be played...

(Most of this was due to a brief stop in play for paramedics to attend to Jimmy Bell whose head had exploded after seeing a nun in the main stand.)

Just as it looks like Celtic are settling for a 5-0 victory... a precision pass from Kieran Tierney finds the feet of Odsonne Edouard and he taps it home with the final kick of the game to make it 6-0.

Steven Gerrard stands in.... eh? Where’s he gone?

The home fans celebrate their decisive win as the visitors see their hopes for the season snuffed out for good.

And.... is that Leigh Griffiths running into the pitch???

12. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Have to hand out a humiliation, even 2 -0 as long as we totally outplay and outclass them and with no assistance from officials who I hope give everything to the Huns, that way we bury them and they cant hide behind excuses

13. Goggzy60

Love this would love to see it happen.

14. Diamond D

Gonna be in Dundee for this... Blumin mothers day. Any decent Celtic pubs near the train station?

Jeannie960 likes this.
  15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

You spent way too long on that mate :giggle1:

Jeannie960 likes this.
  16. StevieBhoooy!

That’s the concise version...

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I think Burke and Forrest on the wings could terrorise them with the pace they have.

18. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    Got a drap 0-0 written all over it. They are * and we are playing slow predictable football. Both teams have injury to key men and both have players who have clocked up 1000's of air miles this week.

19. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Fkn hope not !!

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

With Tierney, McGregor, Benkovic, Ntcham and Rogic all coming back from injury I can't see us not winning the game.

Tommy25 likes this.