1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Whoever wins starts at RB against the Huns

greengrocer and LectersLuncheon like this.
  2. apevrak

Maybe not the biggest surprise, but Ajer is starting against Spain according to TV2

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Saw loads of Norwegians on Twitter saying they need to find a good partner for him. Sounded like he was their best player on the night.

Tommy25 and JC Anton like this.
  5. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Looked good, a couple of positional errors but the other cb did him no favours at all, had a good game tho and for me was there best player too

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

6. apevrak

Jarstein was the best Norwegian player out there yesterday imo, but Ajer looked solid. Looked fairly calm when put under pressure, but had some errors too. He's getting better by the game and I'm happy he's not just a man for the future but a man for the now for club and country.

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

We'd be mad to have him on the bench and Toljan on the park on Sunday.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  8. Silky Hoops

I don't think so.
    Ajer still has a lot to learn yet.
    Not saying Toljan knows it all as he is a newcomer.

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I just think Toljan has shown nothing to suggest he can be trusted in this game. Ajer is the much better player and showed he can play that position in Valencia.

10. Silky Hoops

Ajer is a good young prospect, but he is still a prospect with loads still to learn about rudimentary defending. I guess some of that can be attributed to Rodgers converting Ajer from a defensive midfielder to a centre back, that takes a bit of adjustment, if it is possible at all.
    Ajer still gets turned too easily by street wise and agile forwards for my liking and goes to ground too easily too, classic mistakes by a defender. That needs drummed out of him by the Celtic coaching staff if he wants to have a memorable future at Celtic park.
    And I don't think he has performed that well in hun matches to date. You need a certain kind of temperament for those games.
    Lots to learn yet.

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Totally get your criticisms. He's not the finished article yet by any means. Toljan though is yet to show that he has any idea how to defend. He constantly makes the same mistakes, allowing the runner to get inside him (which is what led to his red card in Valencia). He also never looks like he wants the ball anywhere near him. Shirking responsibility because of past mistakes is not the kind of attitude needed in the Glasgow Derby.

Ryan Kent has the ability to turn him inside out if we give him the chance.

12. Silky Hoops

I get your points, and they are good , valid points.
    Still. We don't have too many good options at right back.I thought Toljan was unlucky in Valencia because the guy basically run into the back of Toljan and the home loving ref impulsively whipped out another yellow.
    I agree Toljan is not the finished article yet, what player is ?. I still feel that Toljan is still adjusting to the new set up and environment, very often foreign players need to feel welcome and accepted in different countries, it all comes down to their nature and temperament. But Toljan has devastating speed which neither Ralston, Lustig or Ajer would have at right back, I feel Ryan Kent would expose that. Put Burke in front of Toljan instead of Forrest and he would get a bit more protection.
    That is my line of thinking. But you are right, it is still a gamble. But sometimes you have to gamble to win in life. A bit of the lesser in this case of the three evils.

13. freitassen

That is very nice of them, I didnt even know Ajer was single

14. CountyDownFaithful

I don't think putting Burke infront of Toljan instead of Forrest would give us more protection down that flank. Forrest has played RWB for us under Rodgers in the 3-4-3 formation and he has the stamina than Burke to go up and down the wing for 90 mins.

Ajer had a great game against Valencia at RB. He was up against Guedes, who is a much bigger threat than Ryan Kent, while being part of 10 man team for 60 minutes. Ajer at RB would get the nod for me with Boyata and Benkovic at CB.

15. Silky Hoops

The flaws in your argument or the flies in the ointment could be that Forrest never plays well against the huns for some peculiar reason but it rips it up against everybody else. And this is not Valencia, this is a Glasgow derby with Lenny as the Celtic manager going head to head with Gerrard for the first time. I don't fancy Ajer at right back for this, as he can be impulsive. I would not like to see us reduced to ten men in this game at all.

16. Dubliner1

Absolutely OUTSTANDING today. Take a bow son

17. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Tackle at the end as good as a 30 yard screamer.

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. cammy07

That guy was a * monster last 10 minutes. That tackle on their captain rivals jozos.

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    What a special talent. Immense today

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Davbhoyinoz