1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Again, but surely then Hearts and Hibs aren’t Lennon addressing things if that’s your argument? That the players were playing with blood and guys.

Xatraps likes this.
  2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    People who are saying the football is poor. Regardless of whos the manager you would struggle to play well without Chrstie, rogic and Mcgregor (albeit he was back today). Once Rogic, McGregor, Christie, Ntcham, Benkovic and Boyata are all back we will start to play better agian.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think that’s one of the best things Lenny does, he brings that ethos to his teams, one of my favourite things about him. He’s excellent at taking a feeling of injustice, which the players will be feeling, and turning that into focusing their frustrations out on the pitch.

We’ll see if the trend continues, 3 games is also a very small sample size and like you say there are other factors in play but it’s a start at fixing one of our biggest problems this season.

Jeannie960 and Gabriel like this.
  4. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    the whole attitude of the team changed after the break. We were unbeaten domestically in every game since we came back -until the Aberdeen game.

I would love Lenny to do well but it's daft to say we've seen some great turnaround in away form and that he's fixed the problem. We've all got eyes. We're playing poorly at the minute. Not perhaps surprising in the circumstances.

5. Pogues

For me the biggest difference today was the speed of the passing which was far too slow, but that also happened at times under Rodgers. I would say that's down to the players as opposed to the manager.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Where have I said there’s some great turnaround? I’m saying he’s starting to address one of the biggest problems we’ve had all season. I genuinely can’t understand the attitude that people seem to expect things to change instantly. It’s a process. I like how that process has started.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  7. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    We look shapeless and a little lost but it's bound to have been a very tough few weeks for the players and for Lenny. It's right to cut them some slack. The Sevco game and the Aberdeen semi will tell us if Neil can be the man for the job fulltime.

Liam Scales likes this.
  8. Popes 11 Guest

He's had no time at all to get his team selections, his way! due to the Judas type, unforgivable * that went before him, and leaving us, the club and the team in the *.
    This man no matter what! deserves everyone of us supporters get right behind him and this team.
    Team selections are bizarre though but this will seriously need to improve.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: "You're not always going to rollover teams. Teams that are fighting for their lives, and their place in the league. Dundee fought like warriors today, they defended great and made it very difficult for us."

NL: "There were times that we could have played better, but I’m not going to analyse the game right now. The most significant thing was to win the game, we’ve done that. We wanted to go 10 points clear, we’ve done that."

NL: "We started to get a little bit desperate towards the end, our final ball was a bit lacking, and I thought we were a little bit pedestrian at times. But again, that’s not for today, it’s for another time."

NL: "Cal's been out for three weeks and plays 90 minutes, which we didn’t plan on doing. He was great. Filip comes on for Kris too and that gives me a lot of encouragement. Next, we get Ntcham back, we get Rogic, Dedrcyk, and things are starting to look stronger again."

NL: "The gap is significant, but we take nothing for granted. Psychologically, it’s huge. The gap between first and second is bigger than second and third, which is significant. I’m now looking forward to taking stock, getting more accustomed to the players, and them me."

10. clonbhoy

I am still not sure about him getting it permanently, but some of the hyperbole to today's performance is hilarious! We have had worse away performances away under Rodgers this season. There is always going to be a little bit of transition. The players also have to take some responsibility, there was a lack of urgency from a lot of them today. I know they are adapting to the changes, but urgency should be there all the time, no matter who the manager is. It should be there as soon as the shirt goes on. I think it one thing that Lenny will instil again in the team.
    You certainly can't be writing Lennon off based on what we have seen so far, even if, like me, you aren't convinced he is the right man for the job.

bagforlife and Jeannie960 like this.
  11. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    The look on that copper's face in the middle picture. Desperately trying to work out if he can arrest Lenny for "potentially inciting a riot by celebrating in a Feniany manner in a public area."

Rydo1888* likes this.
  12. Jeremie Frimpong

Rodgers' exit should have had little to no short-term effect on our ability to maintain a philosophy in which the club had been steeped for the previous two years and nine months - a philosophy that, for all its flaws, had been the foundation for one of the most successful periods in our history. None of us want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I was more critical of Rodgers than most Celtic supporters, but I could see how he wanted to play football, even when his ideas were poorly executed.

I have no idea what kind of football we are trying to play now.

In recent games, we have lacked conviction, discipline and professionalism - qualities which were ingrained in everyone at the club under Rodgers. Lennon must take responsibility for those shortcomings, even in difficult circumstances.

Xatraps and The IRA like this.
  13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Rodgers exit should have no effect on the club and players? Right you are mate.

14. Jeremie Frimpong

I never said that, did I?

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Literally the first sentence mate.

clonbhoy likes this.
  16. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    If we keep playing like this up to the split I'll agree with you, but it's nonsense to say that Rodgers and the backroom staff leaving in such an abrupt manner wasn't going to have an effect on the players. Of course it was. They're only human.

17. Jeremie Frimpong

No, this is the first sentence:

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Exactly.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I want him to get the job and take charge of the players, for me he seems too much in awe of the previous regime. Understandable..

However, for him to get the job he needs to show he's getting the best out of his players. And he's not done that as of yet. Hopefully we get it in the Hun game.

The international break is coming at the right time and gives him some breathing space after being thrown in at the deep end.

I want him to get the job but he needs more than results as our quality should see us prevail most if the time.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  20. Jeremie Frimpong

Are you being deliberately obtuse?