1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Nah, it’s definitely not harsh mate. What’s harsh is forgetting we’ve had a * serious issue on the road this season and we seem to be slowly but surely actually grinding out the results just now at a time the clubs been * rocked to it’s core.

Gabriel, Devlin and Saul Goodman like this.
  2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Me :celtman2:

I enjoy a last minute winner but it's better if you have played quite well and not got the goal. Today we were slack and slow but still got there anyway.

Gully Sands and Liam Scales like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Cmcgregor90

Its hard for us to break down teams like that but in all honesty a better side may have done it bettet and quicker

I feel this side havent seen lennons firey side yet going by what he has said by just winning i feel they are going to feel it next week if things go a bit * up and i hope they are reasy for it. I feel he can be happy but at same time pull them up

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I said in the match thread mate, over 20 attempts at goal. At some point tactics and * goes out the window and it’s just down to players actually finishing the job. Our finishing was * awful today, every opportunitywe had we either didn’t take the shot or hit it direct at the keeper.

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Saying he broke Celtic is just as ridiculous as saying he fixed Celtic because he beat Hearts and Dundee away.

7. Pogues

I'm not sure how much of today's performance you can blame on Lennon. I think he's trying not to change too much from Rodgers time due to the success it's brought. Players have to take most of the blame for me. Watching brown playing long high balls to 6 foot plus centre halves all 2nd half and the slow pace of play is not down to Lennon imo. Forrest is another one that's been really poor since before Rodgers left (hibs goal apart). In saying that I thought playing mikey Johnstone in the middle from the start was a mistake.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And Hibs mate.

Not saying he’s ‘fixed’ us at all. What I’m saying is he is addressing problems we’ve had all season. Mainly our away form.

9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The football has been exactly like it was the last time Lennon was here.

He’s saying he’s not wanting to change to much but it’s night and day compared to our style under Rodgers.

SuperZidane likes this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    And that other poster was just using your own argument against you, to me anyway.

If he’s addressing problems we’ve had all season away from home then he’s also caused us problems we haven’t had all season at home. (Domestically of course)

I don’t agree with either of you by the way :56:

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I’d argue that Rodgers leaving, and ripping out the backroom staff, is a bigger issue with that. Very small sample size in a very unusual situation though the Aberdeen game. Think 3 from 3 away from home when we’ve not done it all season is a bit of bigger sample size to start to spot a pattern.

12. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    seen similar digs at judas about this , to be fair to him he showed emaotion quite alot when we scored , he went bonked v Zenit

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yep.

Aye it's 3 wins out of 4. But it's not binary. In those 4 games we've needed 2 last minute winners and had an utterly flat 0-0 home performance, after being faultless all season at home.

The football has been *. The substitutions have been quite baffling at times as well.

Jeremie Frimpong and Valhalla like this.
  14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney

I always seen him as that arrogant type who made a point of not celebrating as he preffered to think "I knew it was going to happen".9 times out of 10 he just stood there smugly without moving like "I expected this" as Davies and Kennedy etc celebrated around him.

He always came out with "listen that how i've taught my team, be patient play our football and the goal will come thats what we work on every day" blah blah blah

15. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    1 good half in 8 and Johnny Hayes first on to change the game. Nah.

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    How come Rodgers and the back room staff leaving is the reason for our home record going, but Lennon taking over is the reason for our away record improving? It doesn’t make any sense.

17. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    Our away form hasn't changed from after the break. Nor have the results. We won two away games under Rodgers since New Year- one with a last minute winner, and Lenny has won two away games in the league -both with last minute winners.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Always thought it was going to have an effect on us mate. When the dust settled and the fact sank in that Rodgers was gone I always thought there would be a bit of a shock for the players. It all happened that quickly and then we were playing two games in Edinburgh on quick succession that we just came out blood and guts rather than anything else, then we had a wee pause and a week to cocentrate on Aberdeen and I think the reality sunk in. Playing the best team in the league away from home... Was just so lethargic, we looked a bit shellshocked and I can’t really blame them for that.

Now if we make a habit of it, if in the next couple of home games we start dropping points I’ll revise that opinion. We don’t have a big enough sample size to say Lenny’s wrecked our home record.

19. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Very good interview. Spoke well, clear and concise.
    I'm definitely in the 'he's not the man for us' camp right now. But the stats over his first month are impressive. Away wins & late goals. Performance today not so much, it was poor at times.
    Personally I think he'll get the job.
    One things for sure, there's interesting times & lots of drama ahead for us. On and off the pitch.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And one in the cup. With no last minute winners. Like I said mate, 2 wins and then a loss away from was what we tended to do this season under Brendan.

If we keep grinding out results away from home I won’t be too despondent. With everything we’ve had to deal with this season we just need to keep winning, the football can come later or when we get the guys who make us tick back.