1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bloody Sunday: 18 soldiers 'considered for prosecution'

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Miles Platting, May 12, 2017.

Discuss Bloody Sunday: 18 soldiers 'considered for prosecution' in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

11am for the verdict of whether the Brit soldiers will stand trial for murder and attempted murder. Hope the families get the outcome they are looking for.

Bobo_ likes this.
  3. angusceltic67

Started a thread for this in H&P also.

This goes right to the top, for that reason I don't foresee much justice being done today.

On the other hand I wouldn't put it past the establishment to use these soldiers as scapegoats to cover up for the rats that sent an elite unit with live ammunition into a hot area, knowing full well what the outcome would be.

4. celtic warrior

I worry they might find some bullshit loophole to try and kill this.

I have bad feeling about it. As I'm rather ignorant to the sensitivities of this, I just wanted to ask a question that I totally respect will be seen by most on here as utterly stupid.

Should this get swept under the rug and those 17 soldiers don't have any further action taken against them, could this cause some physical tensions (putting it politely) on the streets?.

johnboy19 likes this.
  5. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    One being done with two murders and four attempted murders, soldier F

Edit only * one * being done, wouldn’t surprise me if F was * terminally ill, that would be a coincidence that.

johnboy19 likes this.
  6. celtic warrior

So only 1 solider is to now be charged out the 18 involved.

Out of the 2 involed on the IRA neither will be charged.

7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Very disappointing

8. angusceltic67

They say there is not enough evidence to bring about any more convictions, with over 600 witnesses participating in the Savelle inquiry alone I find that very hard to believe.

To quote one British soldier who is now under a witness protection programme and was present that day.......

"I have always been satisfied in my own mind that Lance Corporal F and Soldier G probably shot eight or 10 people that day," he said. "I thought it was their aggressive, positive actions which incited a few other loonies to join in. Unspeakable acts took place on * Sunday. There was no justification for a single shot I saw fired."

BigWilly likes this.
  9. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

10. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wouldn't do for the Establishment to have seen fit for Her Maj Lizzie to hand out medals and honours to soldiers due to the events and actions taken that day, only to then have to bring prosecution to such a number of said soldiers. There is probably little doubt 'Soldier F' invariably did what he did and that they cannot avoid sending him down, partly as a scapegoat, to be shown that they have taken action, albeit 50 years after the events of that tragic day.

Justice has not been served. The question is, has the truth?

How long, how long must we sing this song?

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's an absolute certainty that the 1 soldier charged will be found not guilty or the case will be dropped. He's a sacrificial lamb to make it look like they're not whitewashing it; when infact they are.

Interesting that the UK Defence Minister, Gavin Williamson, has came out and said they'll fund all the legal costs for said soldier and 'provide welfare support'

Following it up with... "We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,"

You could not mark their necks with a blowtorch. State-sponsored terrorism.

PARKHEAD67, The IRA, Twisty and 6 others like this.
  12. clonbhoy

They can't admit they are wrong. It is the same part of the mind that still(* still!) makes them think that Brexit will be on their terms. The same part of the mind that says Winston Churchill was infallible. The same part of the mind that says the British Empire was the bedrock of modern civilisation. That same part of the mind that thinks the least democratic parliamentary system in western Europe is the 'mother of parliaments'. The same part of the mind that takes pride in how Britain abolished slavery, while completely ignoring how the families of slave-owners are still rich (including the * who has caused the Brexit mess).
    I could go on and on, but the bottom line is a refusal to ever admit that Britain can ever have been wrong. The funny thing about it, is that it is themselves they are holding back. The majority of people don't associate the modern German state with Hitler or WW2 because they took responsibility for their mistakes and are in a far better place for it. Admit your mistakes, you stupid *.