1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

We have to start taking note of our pre match thoughts.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lilac Wine, Mar 11, 2019.

Discuss We have to start taking note of our pre match thoughts. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This is more for folk like myself than others who generally gets things right like ILTC.

I've been thinking about this a few years and already mentioned it in threads but seeing as the critical part of the season is arriving fast in an unusually closer situation that we're used to.

Ronny was approx 7 points ahead of Aberdeen at this stage and that's when I gave up on him which did make me terrrible sad as i backed him so much thinking, this brilliant football he gets us playing, it's going to become consistent one day.

However it wasn't the 7 point gap that bothered me, it was his mis treatment of Broony, I was devastated because I thought he was finished and even worse who picks a players in that condition. Ronny really messed up there.

I'll only seriously start panicking if we go points behind in April. It's normal to be * off after a performance like today, same as it was with the huns game but everyone knows our first team is so far ahead of them we shouldn't get too itchy unless Callum and Broony are out long term.

What I was thinking, as there's a few weeks left is something I did today.

When I seen the team sheet my only worry was Nir, a player I know has ability but I think this team is too good for him now, he looks incredibly slow compared to everyone else. Henderson even started shouting at him after the wee man made a lovely cenrtral run while Nir had the ball perfecty placed to simply roll it into him but what did he do? He turned round and played a risky ball back, which he did a few times, ref twice letting him off and Broony saving him at least once too.

So. as critical as I was during and after the game I have to start balancing my thoughts post game with the team sheet pre match.

I've noticed a few folk saying there were about 3 players who should have been on that team sheet and while they do make sense I still thought it was over reacting because it was Aberdeen at home, of course we're going to pump them with the speed of players we've got up front all it should take is a perfectly timed through ball and Sincy, Burke and Jamesy are so much faster than their defence we'll ruin them.

Alas we didn't see the perfect run and timed ball which was hugely disappointing because as far as I'm concerned that is our main weapon against the parked bus.

As I mentioned, Callum knows how to do it, his one two from LB against the huns was pure magic and so unlucky

I could mention 3 subs I wish Lenny made but to be honest, I thought taking Bitton off at half time would've been good enough. I couldn't even make up my mind who should replace him, I just knew we have better players on the bench.

This has probably been suggested before and will never happen but I must try and give it a go cause as Tim Leary said, there's nothing worse than arguing with someone who's emotional and it's true. I was saying so many crazy things cause I was freaking out when it got down to 20 mins.

I'll already say who I think should be on the bench on Sunday, Bayo. I'm convinced he's a special player and could be exactly what we need right now. We've got a good amount of quality attacking players but he's got so many different skills and he has a single minded determination to score, I want to give him as much a chance as possible.

2. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    I want to read your posts but they're just too long.

3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The last thing you need to do, Swerve, is take more notes

Marie likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You'd need a half-day on a Friday to take pre-match notes for a Saturday 3pm kick-off.