1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Remaining fixtures and split fixtures

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Keano88, Mar 9, 2019.

Discuss Remaining fixtures and split fixtures in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

Today was disappointing but we’ve had a very tough run of fixtures in the league since the start of February, with a lot of crucial players missing through injury as well.

Previous fixtures:
    St Johnstone (a) 2-0
    Hibs (h) 2-0
    Kilmarnock (a) 1-0
    Motherwell (h) 4-1
    Hearts (a) 2-1
    Aberdeen (h) 0-0

If you’d offered me 16 points from a possible 18 from that list of fixtures, considering the injuries and change of manager, I’d have definitely taken it.

Now we have a much easier run, on paper, until the split fixtures are announced and we have a lot of players who will all most likely be back after the international break - Ntcham, McGregor, Rogic, Benkovic, Christie and Ralston.

Remaining fixtures:
    Dundee (a)
    Huns (h)
    St Mirren (a)
    Livingston (h)

We’ve struggled away this season but away games against relegation candidates Dundee and St Mirren should be comfortable wins. A home game against a toothless Livi side who will sit in and offer nothing going forward, should be a routine win and clean sheet. And a Glesga Derby at home where our players should be looking to lay down a marker and be looking to redeem themselves after that embarrassing display at new year. I’m expecting 12 from 12.

Potential split fixtures:
    Huns (a)
    Hearts (h)
    Aberdeen (a)
    Hibs/Motherwell (a)
    Kilmarnock (h)

No easy fixtures here but I’d expect the gap at the top of the league to be 11 points minimum heading into these so it’s just a matter of who we win the league against..

Just a wee feel good thread/some perspective but can be used for the post split fixtures once they’re announced too :shamrock:

2. celtic20

100% mate. I think we all expected so much more today, and the chance to go into a double-figure lead over them for the first time this season was an exciting thought.

But it's no disaster. We'll beat Dundee and the huns, then there are two nice games to potentially grow that lead further. No disaster today, but the full crowd today and the anticipation levels left us all a tad disappointed

3. Keano88

Aye I was * off myself mate, a chance missed to punish dropped points, but as someone mentioned earlier we’re still 8 clear at the end of the gameweek with a game less to play - a great position.

Hopefully lessons are learnt from Lenny today in regards to Edouard - he has to start when fit. He can’t be blamed for the midfield injuries and Brown and Bitton are the safe choice in there at the moment but I’d like to see Brown and Hendo in there with Forrest in the 10 against Dundee.

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Tough games after the split, only easy game is Hearts at home, who we'll pump rotten. Today was disappointing but there's a real chance to go into the split 13+ ahead of them/

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Keano88 likes this.
  6. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    If we beat the huns its 11 pts with 7 games to go providing we beat dundee and they beat kilmarnock.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would love to win all 4 remaining before the split.

Gutted and ragin we didn’t win today but as the father in law said another game down would still be 8 points if both teams
    Won!

8. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    9 games to go. Eight point lead over the Huns. Two Sevco games to play.

On the negative side, we had a chance yesterday to go ten points clear, which may well have been a final dagger in the heart of the Hun -if Zombies have a beating heart?

But on the positive, we've had a * of a couple of weeks: lost our manager and been crippled by injuries, yet we've kept the eight point gap solid.

Win our next six games and the title is ours, regardless of what our challengers do. Lose to the Huns again and it's squeaky * time.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  9. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

I’d just call it a run-in to be fair.

They’ll 100% lose more points than we will between now & the end of the season.

Leagues done. Up the RA.

Gabriel and StPauli1916 like this.
  10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Not necessarily. We could go into the DOBs game 11 pts clear so even if we lost that we would still be 8 pts clear with 6 to play which isn't really squeaky * time.

The way I see it panning out is we will win it pretty soon after the split. I would predict with 3 games to play.

11. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    Of course the equation changes if we went into the Hun game 11 points clear, but I think it's much more likely to be 8 points. Beat them to go 11 clear with seven to play and we'd surely be home and dry.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We're * and we'll lose the league..

Keano88 and cidermaster like this.
  13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Yep of course. How do you see it panning out then ?

14. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    If we beat the Huns at Parkhead I think it's all over bar the shouting. If they managed to win and get our lead down to seven points with seven to play and a game at Ibrox to come my * would be squeaking a little.

The comfort of the run-in probably depends on how quickly we can get our injured guys back. The last two or three league games haven't been great, but it's been a makeshift midfield playing in the chaos of losing our manager.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  15. Keano88

Thats the top 6 confirmed:

Celtic
    Huns (A)
    Killie (H)
    Aberdeen (A)
    Hearts (H)
    Hibs (A)

I think they’ll wait to see if the title is won this weekend before they announce the fixtures to avoid a title win against the Huns again.

I actually think it will be won before the split. I think we’ll beat Livingston and Motherwell will win at home against the Huns.

16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

SPFL HOPING TO PUBLISH THE POST-SPLIT FIXTURES ON FRIDAY...

The SPFL are in the process of finalising TV selections with our broadcast partners, with the intention of publishing the Ladbrokes Premiership post-split fixture list on Friday.

Post-split fixtures will be played on the weekends of April 20, April 27, May 4, May 11 and May 18.

As has been the case in previous years, bottom-six games in fixture round 38 will be played on the Saturday, with top-six matches scheduled for the Sunday.

Keano88 likes this.
  17. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Huns away is the glorious 12th....of May.

18. Keano88

Think it’ll be:

Hibs (A) - Lennon to potentially win the title against the club that let him go.
    Aberdeen (A)
    Hearts (H)
    Huns (A)
    Kilmarnock (H)

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Huns away after the 2nd May with broony banned for 2 games 100%

richardm likes this.
  20. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member