1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Thought he got it wrong today . We were dominating them in the first half . Why put 2 subs on at half time when were in control it was baffling . Even if Lenny thought Sinclair and Henderson were * give them a bollocking send them out and if they were not up to scratch after about 10mins then hook them off . I would have taken Bitton off before those 2 and put Eddy on and if it was still not working change it

KRS-1888 likes this.
  2. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Have to disagree with lenny when ge said we looked leggy and lacked urgency.

We had plenty of energy and desire... just no creativity. Players were either taking too many touches or tryting to walk it into the net.

Credit to the sheep though they set oout their stall well and frustrated the * out of us.

3. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

He loves the club . He is going to try his best the remainder of the season to be the no 1 candidate and the one to lead us to the ten . Ultimately he is going to be judged on the remaining fixtures against the tribute act and the Scottish cup . Surely he knows this himself, following in Rodgers the snakes shoes is a hard task 7 trophies out of 7. Any manager would find it difficult and is a little unfair on him he is a proven manager. I hope he does it personally as I feel he is one who understands how important the ten is. For Lennon to lift the first and the final title would be perfectly fitting for someone who has pretty much dedicated himself to Celtic. For reasons unknown he walked the last time yet came back to help the cause . Shows what kind of man he is . There was always talk of a BR statue if he made the ten . * him. Lennon if he finally lifts the ten in a row for us . He deserves the statue . Hail hail Neil Lennon .

Jeannie960 and chiefo like this.
  4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Time will tell but I am slightly concerned that we may lose our untouchable domestic dominance now that Brendan has left.

That’s not really a slight on Lennon per se. But I don’t think it can be understated how important Rodgers was for us. Two weeks ago, I was very confident we would do another treble with relative ease. Over the last few games, that confidence has diminished a bit.

Just hope we don’t lose the aura that we had when Brendan was managing here.

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Said it before I’m happy for him to see out this season but I don’t want him in charge next season.

Rose for me would be a perfect fit for the club and show a real intent for us to move forward.

I can see Lawwell appointing Lennon though because it will be the cheap option and fans will accept it.

I love Lennon but I would rather get a better manager in.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon insists Celtic players are running on empty as they look to get players out of the treatment room and back onto the pitch. The Parkhead side missed the chance to go ten points clear at the top of the table yesterday afternoon after being held to a 0-0 draw with Aberdeen but Lennon has insisted that he was fairly relaxed about the performance. “It could have been better, no question, but these players are giving me everything. Some of them are running on fumes," said the interim Celtic manager.

The squad’s decimated with injuries at the minute so hopefully we’ll get a few more bodies back.

“Guys like Tom Rogic, Callum McGregor, Ryan Christie, Olivier Ntcham - any team would miss those players, they’re top class midfielders.

“But Scott Brown and Nir Bitton have done absolutely fine. We just lacked a bit of creativity, our final ball was a little lacking, and we didn't work Joe Lewis well enough.

“But you have to give Aberdeen credit as well, they're a tough nut to crack at times." And Lennon also insisted that he had been braced for a hangover following Brendan Rodgers' swift move to Leicester last week. There was no immediate reaction as Celtic beat Hearts and Hibs in Edinburgh in the immediate aftermath of his departure but for Lennon there was always going to be reaction.

“It was a bit flat and pedestrian for my liking," he said.

“I’d like us to play with a bit more oomph and aggression.

“But there's no panic, not from my side of things, and the players shouldn’t be disappointed.

It was more psychological than anything, they just lacked that bit of pizzazz in the final third.

“But we’ve had three really diffusely games to negotiate in 10 days and we’ve come out of it unscathed.

“We’ll give them a couple of days’ rest then move forward. We’ll analyse what we could have done better, but just physically they looked a little off it today and I get that.

“It's natural, they have an adrenaline rush for a couple of days and there’s always a lull afterwards."

8. Kieran1967

No idea why he made the subs he made at half time, especially taking wee hendo off

9. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Its the uncertainty , And if Lennon is trying to change our style into the bargain.
    There's no set way to play, but For the most part it worked under Rodgers and he's got a lot to live up to as an attacking force.

10. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    What the * is this forrest through the middle 4-2-4 thing?

11. Dembele the next messi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    There's absolutely no chance we will get rose we couldn't match his wages for one, secondly his team have better players and are doing better than us in Europe currently.

12. SuperZidane

I agree - Neil's love for the club and service cannot be questioned. However, that's simply not enough. His buzzword during his previous tenure was "leggy" - after every average/poor performance - now we're off again. The players have had almost a week off before this game - as someone else has pointed out, its not lack of effort - it was a lack of creativity. OK - Aberdeen played very defensively but so do 90% of teams coming to Paradise and we've managed to beat them.

TBH - given the league situation that BR left us in - anyone not winning the league is pretty poor. That's my priority - the Cup (+ Treble) would be wonderful but the league must come first.

I'm glad and grateful that Neil was available given BR's woeful behavior but I'd like to see the board show real purpose and bring in someone who has some sort of track record beyond the SPL.

However, I agree that Lawell's main preoccupation will be the facts that Neil will cost no compensation and a relatively cheap salary and he is totally respected by the fans so I expect it will be him.

Xatraps, bhoy81 and jj81 like this.
  13. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    The half-time subs were bizarre. Here's hoping the whole performance was just a blip against an Aberdeen side with a very good away record.

14. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

There is 6 million sitting there from Rodgers, give him that.

bhoy81 likes this.
  15. Heb Celt

I don't believe we're running on empty,its no different to any other season when we always finish strong.Squad is big enough to be resting players.Thought he got it wrong today.Hes got to stop playing his pal Bitton if hes not performing as well.

16. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Spot on! I don't find a lot wrong with what he said post match. We have been struggling for a while due to so many good players being out. Some are being asked to step up and they're not quite ready. It's not their fault and it's not Lennys fault.......he has what he has and he's trying to get to know some of them better. He knows a few core players well but the rest he only knows as an opposition manager and he has to have a period of readjustment too so that he gets to know them and vice versa. We had moments in the game but if we're being honest quite a few of our mainstays weren't firing on all cylinders. I have no doubt that he will come good once he has everyone back. Aberdeen are a tough nut to crack we all know that. Bar slipping down the league a bit this season they have been our main contenders for a long time now. They have sitting in and absorbing pressure down to a fine art as that's how they survive against a good team. Against lesser teams they're more expansive and leave themselves open to goals and I think that's been more to do with arrogance and the belief that if they can hold us they can destroy lesser teams. It hasn't really worked for them. The team deserves our full backing for what they have given us and if that requires a little patience then we should be prepared to be just that.

wd2oo3 and Gabriel like this.
  17. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Need McGregor and Rogic back asap , Brown,McGregor,Rogic is the strongest midfield. Ntcham and Christie can be inconsistent , And it's hard to be confident going into big games with Henderson and Bitton.

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You mean the system that changed the game v Hibs?

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I was honestly expecting a bigger reaction yesterday, really thought we would come out all guns blazing so to put in such a subdued performance was a disappointment.

Aberdeen to their credit were well organised against a threadbare Celtic Squad and that result could have easily happened under any management. We still dominated the match just didn’t look like scoring.

Lenny negotiating two really tough away games to his credit and a draw yesterday will make no difference on whether he gets the job or not.

The title is done, it just a matter of time but the manner he secures it is important, we don’t want to limp over the line.

20. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Also got 3 hun games potentially to play wich is important and could be a factor in him getting the job and performance.
    Unless they get beat by Aberdeen and their season over their heads will go down.

JC Anton likes this.