1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    After the week we had and those two massive games with a new manager, I can understand a little bit of seat rearranging, possibly even the fans creating a safe standing area, I mean I hate sitting down during games cause everyone stands up anyway as soon as the ball reaches the 18 yard box.

* the huns, I think they have a cheek wanting us to re book them never mind rebuke.

2. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm not contesting your point, I haven't been to a game for a while so I don't know up close and personal what our fans behaviour has been like.

Only two things I can think of, one of which I've not seen footage of yet is, the throwing of a bottle during the same game Hibs fan nearly comatose Bain. I heard some seats were ripped up but over the last 10 years that's not an extreme event signifying something much sinister and more problematic. Fans go mental with pure excitment and some * happens, Throwing things should be a jailable offence, it's just sickening and could cause serious injury.

I thought they had very good quality CCTV at games these days to spot exactly who is the prime suspect/s.

Another thing I don't like is flares during the game, before kick off is fine for a bit of an atmosphere I quite like it but I think it's asking for trouble doing to during games especially when we are in a good rhythm we don't want it disturbed. I don't think they are dangerous so it's not a huge deal.

Viva Brigada Vertie!!! :celt_2:

3. Cmcgregor90

Has anybody ever thought all these incidents maybe set up for a new footballing bill? Bit strange its happening all after one another loads of media attention added in with this secterian buisness. Hibs cant find a bottle thrower hmmmm somethings not quite adding up

Lilac Wine and Gully Sands like this.
  4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I'm certainly not saying seats haven't been broken and stuff chucked at players( which is unacceptable.) In terms of it been agenda driven there was an article in 1 of the papers today about some msp * coming out with all the usual cliches about tackling sectarianism. What was most striking for me was the pic which accompanied the article. It was of our banner at Hearts. So again I'd like to know how questioning Rodgers integrity and sporting ambiton is sectarian

Lilac Wine likes this.
  5. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Basically this

clonbhoy, KRS-1888 and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Well worth 15 mins of your time. Produced by FAC today

KRS-1888 and Lilac Wine like this.
  7. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

What paper was that in ?

8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It makes sense I mean with all the Organised Crime and Terrorism we've got to attend to it's no wonder we turned up so late we caused a dangerous crush.

That is pure fascist language, they're basically verbalising a situation were the poiis and public will feel it's actually something that has to be done.

I can't believe I voted SNP now, after Labour's war in the ME I changed. Now who the * is there out there representing folk?

9. strike twice

Very interesting viewing , the video from F.A.C. The Police making up a story about late coming fans rings a bell with the lies used to defend the Police operation at Hillsborough . As public servants they should have apologised , learnt from the incident , and doubled their efforts in getting things right the next time . But it seems they chose to whitewash the enquiry and close ranks .

10. joemc

Wot is the agenda here ,it's either to give police more powers ,or its a diversion tactic .
    We live in very strange times , where feminism and extreme left wing views are targeting men as evil , working class are being taxed to death and denied freedom of speech,we are to busy trying to complicate life that everyone has forgot how to enjoy it .

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    The broken seats issue is not a destructive and premeditated act by regular thugs that attend our away games. Instead the away support is vocal the whole game and toward the end at Easter Rd in particular we were doing the huddle and backs turned to the game. This is some amount of movement from a certain part of the ground. Our away support also stand during games and I’m sure a lot would stand on seats to see over others. With all these examples at play there is always going to be a right few chairs broken. Also the clubs we attend probably add on a lot more of chipped, cracked or just needing replaced through age. It’s a perfect way to make Celtic foot the bill for their poor maintenance. It’s not ideal for any damage but the media portray it as hooliganism when it is merely boisterous and over exuberant celebration at supporting your team loudly.

12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good post. I was thinking a simple way to tell how much of a problem this is would be if all the clubs reduced our away allocation like the shitebag huns did. Well they haven't because they know there's no malice in any damage and it's what makes football wonderful is a crowd of supporters all celebrating and bouncing about sideways cause they don't care the buzz is that strong.

I'm sure any damage is always covered by the club and in the end, no one gets hurt and everyone makes money apart from the fans who make hay :starry: :party22:

13. Bunk Moreland

Buy proper seats not the * cheap plastic option. Problem solved

14. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC Football Club notes the release of yesterday’s report covering the policing of football in Scotland.

Contrary to certain media reports, this study was not commissioned in response to any incident at Celtic Park and it covers a range of issues surrounding policing, safety and the licensing of football across the whole of Scotland.

It is well-known that Celtic has commissioned its own report into the events at Celtic Park last year, an incident which the Club has treated with the utmost seriousness. The outcome of this comprehensive and thorough investigation will be released shortly.

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The idea behind ‘strict liability’ is a piece of nonsense. The rationale behind it would not stand up to any scrutiny in a court of law.

These political parties pressing for this should be careful for what they wish for. I’m sure they wouldn’t want to set a precedent for their own supporters who spout abuse that is racist, xenophobic or bigoted.

Strict liability for SNP too. Wonder how that goes down. * idiots.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. KingArtur'1

Has the GB got a march to parkhead planned or anything for the sevco game?

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. KingArtur'1

Time does the pubs around gallowgate/parkhead normally open at vs sevco. Got a ticket but want to get a few jars in before the game

19. joe mcnulty

does anyone have a pic of the BHOYS banners from today

20. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If Pretty Green fails to restructure and disappears from the high street there is going to be a whole swathe of the support needing new parkas

Gully Sands likes this.