1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Jeremie Frimpong

Celtic will have to foot the bill for around 80 damaged seats in the away end at Easter Road after their Scottish Cup victory over Hibernian. (Daily Express, print edition)

We have a cheek to rebuke the Huns for their behaviour.

seanm likes this.
  3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not saying it's right but it happens almost every weekend across the country. It seems like it's only news-worthy when it's Celtic. There was a game at Parkhead v Aberdeen in the last few seasons were they broke literally hundreds of seats and there wasn't a peep about it.

A lot of the times at these wee tinpot clubs the seats they have are made from cheap material that break if you happen to be a member of the Fat * Emerald or Ate Too Many Pies CSC.

If you look at where the seats at Rugby Park where broken it's the part in the crowd that people surged over when we scored the last minute goal.

For the record, if anyone is bouncing up and down on their seat intentionally trying to break it then that's bawbag behaviour and it only hurts Celtic financially as we end up footing the bill.

seanm, Rydo1888*, Gabriel and 3 others like this.
  4. Jeremie Frimpong

@Seán Mac D

Some people are breaking seats deliberately, without doubt. The vast majority of our supporters stand at away games.

One might be able to put the damage caused to the seats at Rugby Park down to overexuberance - accidents happen, but the behaviour of some of our supporters in recent weeks has been inexcusable.

seanm and Seán Mac D like this.
  5. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

No excuse for breaking seats. I've seen a few last minute winners and I've never felt the need to jump up on my seat.

There are undoubtedly some accidents, but quite a few are deliberately doing so and it needs to stop. As does the object throwing, which as Vertie quite rightly points out, is hun behaviour.

seanm likes this.
  6. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

Tom English was bullied as a child.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Well said Tom.

Time to ban the wee Hooligans.

seanm likes this.
  9. Keano88

What a * idiot.

StPauli1916 and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  10. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    Harry Brady and his boring podcast annoy the life out of me.

11. Keano88

If any fan is deliberately breaking seats then they’re a *. All it does is cost the club money and give us a bad rep.

Leave the acting like * to the zombies.

seanm, PaulM1888, Sean Daleer and 2 others like this.
  12. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    All I will say is that when the SNP and Holyrood start sticking their oar in with tentative hints of their next big brother, surveillance, totalitarian, we want control of every aspect of your life * then it’s time to duck for cover and fear the worst.

I wouldn’t trust that lot to run a bath let alone start forcing their warped idea of society and how to run one on us!

Their previous attempt at “cracking down” on football was a total disaster in the same way that “Named Person” has been in wider society.

For me what sums up their ineptitude is their constant obsession with the latest buzzwords like equality, diversity, inclusion, LGBT and so on yet they still tolerate and don’t act on real out and out bigotry and sectarianism in the shape of Orange marches every year, even spitting and abusing priests doesn’t register to them that the game is up on this annual disgrace and they choose to let it linger on whilst their bleeding hearts concern themselves with mere side issues in the broader scheme of things!

13. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The fact at every away game in recent history the seats are never used and never taken down as everyone stands makes it hard to understand quite why so many seats have been broken, they need to be stood on to be broken and even then with a fair bit of force!

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Break up the green brigade. I'd love to break up his specs..

Neither will happen. We move on Thomas..

Avatar Daizen, seanm and StPauli1916 like this.
  15. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Regarding broken seats, I wasn't at Easter Road but I was at Rugby Park. Most of the broken seats there will be from the surge of fans at the winner and won't be helped by how flimsy their seats are in the first place.

I was 2 rows from the front just beside where Boyd was hit with a coin by some idiot (Not guilty, your honour) and the seat nearly collapsed when I sat down at HT. Same with my mate who must weigh about 3/4 stone less than me. They're only ever occupied when we or the Huns go there and nobody sits down during the game any way so I doubt Killie bother about the quality of them.

16. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    way to stop all this stuff across football up here without it going into whataboutery and endless debate

Bottle/Coin throwers/racists/fighting amongst themselves & other fans - life ban & arrested
    Seat breakers/stadium damage - individual/groups pay all costs

All easier said than done of course.

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I heard or read recently about a Scottish club no having maintenance done on the seats for ages. No saying it was Hibs or Killie by the way just pointing out that some of these club's I can imagine don't take much care in the seating around the ground season to season..

Pal's of mine go around securing the seats at Wembley every season around the play off weekends alone..

You can clearly see the seats at Rugby Park in a small bunch near the front were to do with the crowd spilling over at a last minute winner. That happens up and down the country regularly so I'm amazed it was brought up..

I don't think it would've if Killie nicked a point..

We then heard days later that the Huns up at the sheep from month's before had loads broken up. Again it isn't a surprise and isn't usually something that is shouted out about by club's..

Gully Sands and Lilac Wine like this.
  19. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I don't know who's a bigger * Tom English or Harry Brady it's * close.

20. Gully Sands

Fav Celtic Song:
    SAM song
    Tom English’s great granda was in the RIC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clonbhoy likes this.