1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How much financial backing should Lennon get

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stubhoy07, Feb 28, 2019.

Discuss How much financial backing should Lennon get in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Regardless of who gets the job below is what’s needed:

DDV and Gordon away= no fee but saving of 25-30k a week in wages
    New goalkeeper to compete with Bain, so 3m on that and prob about 15k a week if he’s potential first choice.

So after goalkeeper we are 3m down and at least 10k a week up in wages

In defence we expect to lose Lustig Gamboa boyata commper Izzy and our loan signing with go back to a mediocre club and the other back to Dortmund.

We won’t receive any money for the above but will save over 100k a week in wages.
    But we will need to bring first choice right back plus two quality centre halves and a left back cover.
    I’d like to think we will spend near 15m of them and maybe 80-90k a week in wages.

So after defence and goalkeeper which are are biggest weakness, we are maybe 17m down but maybe 20k+ a week up in wages.

We can see at the minute we are light in centre midfield. But Christie and McGregor are my first choice, but we have brown in there and Hendo coming through at the moment. Ideally we keep Ntcham but I think he’s are best asset to sell to rebuild without having the disruption a McGregor or KT lose would have.

But Malumbu Allen hopefully Bitton will go, this will save us another 30k a week so now we are 50k a week better off, and hopefully get 2m for Bitton so we are 15m down but 50k a week better off.

In wingers we will have Forrest and Sinclair, Arzani and Shved and MJ. I’m also hoping of keeping Weah for another season but if not we have decent cover in there. I’d be happy to sell Hayes also.

I think we need a number 10 to compete with Rogic. Christie is an option to put in there also. So if we can get another quality player in there that can also play another role it would be great. If we can get a similar player to Christie but an upgrade, I’d be happy to spend 7m on that if he can play both CM and ACM and sell Ntcham to Porto for 12m.

This would bring our net spend to around 10m but we would be around 50k a week better off.

Upfront we would have Eddy, Bayo and Griff. Ideally I’d bring in another striker to compete with them. Someone in the 3-4m and 15-20k a week bracket. I don’t see Burke as a striker but it will be a another decent wage off the bill.

This will mean a net spend of 13m but a saving off over 50k a week.

If it is Lenny and you add in the 6m we got for Rodgers then we have a net spend of 7m and a saving in wages of around 70k a week when you take on the managers wages on top of everything

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  2. Eazey

Thats some back of a * packet maths but probably not a million miles away from ideal. Reality is Lawell will accept all the departures and wage reductions. But we will see hee haw real investment. And we will be spending well less on incoming wages. 8-10k max per week for new comers is more likely.

3. TeazyWeazy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hamden In The Sun
    We are close to winning an historic ten in a row and wiping out a lot of the pain of the 90s.

Given how depleted our squad is going to be in the summer we need to invest serious money to guarantee the ten.

I really hope and pray Peter knows how much it means to us and gives the manager the funds he needs.

4. joemc

He should get exactly wot br would have received for new players ,I feel Lennon is a manager who can spot a bargain also ,his team build after Mogga was exceptional .

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  5. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    To be honest he will be given what he’s given .....I don’t expect the boat to be pushed out , or how else will Lawwell get his £3m a year...

6. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Need goalkeeper, RB (solid quality one) 2 CB's again high quality, LB cover Striker, possible winger. Honestly to take the team to the next level that might be £20M. But seen as the board has spent sweet * all over the last couple of years I don't think it has any chance of happening

7. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

If Lenny is to get the job permanently they this summer should be the foundation for doing the ten. Serious money should be invested in quality defensive players as we have more than enough going forward, even with the loaners going. A couple additions in the middle and up front would be good but the most important strengthening needs doing at the back.(as we all know)

But then again, if congerton is scouting us players then * knows who we will end up with.

8. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

unfortunately this seems the way our chief exec works :54:

realism is a * :31:

9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

You know what I'd love? Lawwell and the rats feud is really as fierce as has been made out in the last week - and Pete goes "aye * it" and throws millions at Lenny just to get it up the *.
    [​IMG]