1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    FS, it's possible. That would at least explain why I couldn't forgive him even though I don't usually like to hold grudges: that would have meant seeing the truth about Brendan as a bullshitter and a liar and I desperately didn't want to see that.

I feel so foolish. If you'd told me 36 hours ago that this evening I would think Brendan was definitely a bullshitter and a mercenary and possibly (depending on whether these rumours are true) a pathological liar and that I would feel a lot less sure that Boyata is a scummy * of the highest order, I literally wouldn't have been able to process that.

I've been spectacularly wrong a few times in here; but if Boyata really is innocent (which is now up in the air), spending the season giving this * dog's abuse while snugly esconsed up Brendan's rear would be by far my worst moment I think.

Xatraps and Peej like this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Boyata's agent, at the time, came out and said Boyata wasn't risking his career for Celtic, did he not?

All of this just seems like more unecessary speculation.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  3. 67MB

Yeah it was strange the players reactions. Did Gordon not run the length of the pitch to celebrate with him?
    * me, more and more seems to be coming out about Rodgers.

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You wonder where it stops though, mate. This (Rodgers) is a massive part of our worldview that turned out to be flat wrong and it is natural to wonder just how far this goes.

Of course at this point it is all speculation and it isn't necessary per se; but psychologically it's very hard not to do it. You want to know where the quicksand ends and you hit solid ground again, so that you can start to build your belief system back up. It's very uncomfortable to not know what you can trust of what you thought you knew and what needs to be ditched.

67MB likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I get how you feel, think a helluva lot of us are in that same boat.

But....

Boyata is still a * liability, so some of the abuse is justified (footballing abuse).

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

clonbhoy likes this.
  6. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I don't know about all the speculation but there is no doubt he's one of our best defenders. He has had some mistakes but most of his performances are decent.

If we get the treble again and he leave for free we have still got good value out of him and we can't really hold a grudge as he has played a big part in the teams effort.

7. 67MB

I really want to know what happened between him and Moussa. I also believe there is some beef between him and ntcham and eddy also. Ntcham has never been right since Dembele left, and I wonder if it has something to do with the Dembele saga.

Random Review likes this.
  8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    IMO Psychologically speaking the healthiest thing to do Random is just draw a line under it( I mean this in respect of Rodgers not Boyata). As the guy said in the video Crow posted last night "Brendan who"?

9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

The difference with Boyata and Rodgers is that Boyata hasn’t feed us all bullshit about being a real Celtic man and as most foreign players will play for Celtic for a while to get a bigger move which is fair enough.

If he did refuse to play v AEK that is bad craic and think he did take all the * he derserved for it,

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nah Rodgers has cunted us but dont forget this guy refused to play in our biggest European game costing us £30m+ still want the we rat out.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don't automatically think Dembele is a saint because of Rodgers now, and I'm not going to suddenly think Boyata didn't act disingenuously, given his agent's interviews.

I think there's a temptation to blame everything that's went wrong, on Rodgers, which is ridiculous.

Random Review and StPauli1916 like this.
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don't see why you care any more, neither of them are at the club now. It's also obvious now, that Rodgers' public persona is totally transparent.

13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Sorry mate but he is "one of our best defenders" because recruitment in this area has been so woeful. How many are we including in our "best defenders" ? Are Jozo, Lustig, Toljan, Hendry all part of our "best defenders" ? ( all of these have plenty of their detractors on here). Or do you just mean for you he is an automatic pick in the back 4 ?

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You're probably right, mate. Enough for now.

Maybe in a few weeks when I have had time to process everything and (even more importantly) we know which rumours are true and which aren't, I'll want to say more; but for now, you are right and I'll stay away from the topic.

Lenny is back. That is genuinely quite comforting.

15. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    But surely you want to know? Boyata is the one still here and could be labouring under a massive lie from someone who isn't.

16. 67MB

I know I shouldn't, but I do :giggle1:

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I wasn't suggesting you don't post mate :56:. I just thought you made an interesting point psychologically about how to process all this and like you say personally I think a bit of a step back is the best option ( for me anyway.)

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don't care. Boyata is highly likely to be away in the summer and he's wanted away since before the World Cup. I don't like him but as long as he does the job on the park until he leaves, that's all that matters.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't think speculating about whether Rodgers was to blame is quite the same as blaming him outright; but your point still stands and I take it onboard. Anyway, I'm going to take St Pauli's advice and leave the topic of our ex manager for a while.

20. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    No I mean he and benkovic are our best centre half's. Jozo could be good if he stayed fit for 5 mins.

Doesn't matter about recruitment now as the windows closed and these are the player we have to deliver the title and scottish cup. If they secure the treble treble I'll happily thank him for his service and move on.