1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He was definitely a threat last night and was a little of composure away from giving us the lead in the first half.

Edouard is a far more gifted, but * me he could learn something around a work ethic from Burke.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Just for me the positives from last night shouldn't outshine the failure of the first leg and ultimately the tie..

Like I said, Scout us once and you would see where our strengths are, double up on Forrest and give McGregor no space. They did this in the first leg. And the fact Izzy was even an option was negligent.

So, I'll no be celebrating a 3-0 aggregate defeat.

3. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I thought we were very good last night, particularly up until the sending off.

Tbh I felt like we had given ourselves way too much to do no matter how well we were to play last night, ultimately the tie was finished in Glasgow. That aside, it was still an encouraging performance. We looked solid and had a clear plan and if we played like that away from home we’d pick up more points more often. We really need to make Parkhead a tougher place to come to though. Can’t be giving away two goal leads at home and expecting to have much of a chance against these teams.

JC Anton likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I see this wasn’t posted last night.

BR: I thought that we were much the superior team up until the red card. Our shape worked really well for us.”

BR: “We started the game very well. We pressed at the right times and carried a threat in our penetration. We looked like we were building our way through.

BR: “I thought the referee took the game away from us. I didn’t think it was a second yellow, if anything I thought it was a free-kick to us.”

BR: “I spoke to the referee afterwards, he said it was a definite sending off but I thought it was harsh. It was a key moment that took the game away from us but that’s unfortunate.

BR: “The bravery of the players was absolutely incredible. We tired a little bit towards the end, but still we could have did better for the goal. That’s been the difference over the two games, in the key moments we haven’t defended.”

BR: “The performance tonight, I think our supporters will be proud of the team. Having that courage to come and play. The team played very well tonight.”

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I don't want to see opposition players lining up with a smile of their faces lapping up our atmosphere at Celtic Park ever again.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Well said John.

7. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

* love big john.

charlietully likes this.
  8. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Bookies favourite for leicester city apparently .lot a * he's here for the ten

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Kennedy saying today they are all ready planning for 2019/2020 season take that for what it is worth.

Random Review likes this.
  10. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    If he goes then the blame will lay squarely with the board for not backing the manager .
    As Leicester boss his transfer kitty will huge and he won’t have to get the begging bowl out for short term loans . Can’t blame him if he goes .

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Basket case of a club also tbh

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

John Kennedy insists Brendan Rodgers is already laying the groundwork for a fourth season in charge of Celtic.

Rodgers' future has been the subject of conjecture since last summer when he voiced his displeasure at the club's business in the transfer window in the wake of failure to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

Reports emanating from south of the border suggest Leicester City have been monitoring the Northern Irishman's situation and the lack of permanence in Celtic's January transfer business - Oliver Burke, Timothy Weah and Jeremy Toljan were all signed on six-month loans - suggest another summer of upheaval is inevitable.

Kennedy, one of Rodgers' first-team coaches, insists work is already being done to freshen the squad for next term. Furthermore, he insists the former Liverpool boss, who signed a four-year deal in 2017, is content in his job.

'There has been nothing said that would suggest Brendan isn't going to be here,' said Kennedy. 'Brendan just gets on with his job. I remember the chat at some point last season was that if he got a second Treble, an English team would come calling and he'd be gone.

'We're getting to that point in the season again and these stories will surface in the run-in. From working with him, he's in a very good place. He's a terrific manager who will hopefully be successful again this season.

'His full focus is with Celtic and the way I see it he is preparing for next season, just as he did last year and the year before.'

Thursday's Europa League defeat to Valencia has left Celtic and Rodgers free to focus on domestic competition. The pursuit of a third consecutive Treble will continue with Sunday's Premiership visit of Motherwell.

Eight points clear at the top, Rodgers' team are firm favourites to land an eighth consecutive crown. Should the manager see out the remainder of his contract with title-winning campaigns, he will guide the club to a new record of 10 in a row.

Kennedy acknowledges the hype around the issue but insists players and staff cannot afford to be drawn in.

The fans and the media will do that but it would be careless for those of us on the inside too think too much about it,' added Kennedy.

'Firstly, we've got to win eight and then before 10 there is nine. You also want to be competing in Europe and competing for trophies. When you look so far ahead, you can trip yourself up in the short term.

'In the last two seasons, the manager's message has been to get better game on game. That won't change before the end of this season or even if we get closer to 10.

'There will be hype around it, and ultimately, yeah, we want to achieve it, too. But there's a * of a lot of work to be done first.'

13. Paul McAuley

Steven Craigan just said Celtic fans want Brendan Rodgers to leave.

Any chance of a poll so some * on his can post it on his Twitter. Guys a * moon unit. Hope BR isny listening to this.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Actually Jeannie, I think there’s been a sense of entitlement, amongst a section of our support, for well over a decade now.

richardm likes this.
  15. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Brendan is contracted to 2021 minimum , it would take a crazy amount of money to release him, not that he would go to * club like leicester anyway.

16. stew37

If I was at Celtic, getting paid to be there, it would be some strange circumstances that would lead me to ever leave, and it would never be in order to join Leicester. I hope and suspect BR feels the same.

17. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Where did you read or hear this....it sounds like one of these statements that make you stand back and think “* me did he really say that”

18. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    the rest of scotland are praying for the day he leaves , so they can get a chance.

johnboy19 and richardm like this.
  19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Do bookies ever get things right?:56:

Leicester did their best when counterattacking. Brendan doesn't do that type of football.

richardm likes this.
  20. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Totally agree...particularly after the summers disastorous transfer dealings.

Leicester have piles of money and being bank rolled by private individuals who do indeed put their own money on the table, they won the EPL a few seasons ago as well which was astonishing so some of the jibes that they are a 2 bob outfit is genuinely laughable....if that was the case then we wouldn’t have had to worry about the future of Benkovic