1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What we need to secure 10 in a row.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Feb 18, 2019.

Discuss What we need to secure 10 in a row. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I agree with most of this.

I'd change the CB's a bit though. No way is Jozo good enough to be our number 1. I'd have him as back up to either 2 new one's or one new CB and Ajer.

I'd keep Troljan for RB also.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye they’re in no order.. we need two CBs is the main point.

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's early days yet but on the basis of what I've seen so far I wouldn't be breaking the bank for Toljan. Hopefully we are on the ball with the RB spot and our only permanent one come june will be Ralston.

PorchBhoy67 likes this.
  4. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    there's got to be a good level of investment in the summer, keeps the manager happy and we also need it to push forward again regardless who would be manager , Toljan,Boyata and Benkovic are 3 of our best backline and who knows if any of them will be there next season, the loans are all well and good too but we need a few more players secured who will be assets on long term deals. some other fringe players will no doubt go aswell.

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The best laid plans and all that, let's just concentrate on gettin the 8, we don't need to press the fast forward button. :84:

seamus1967 likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I’d be happy with a permanent... Ralston and Perez..

On Toljan, Rugby Park is no barometer.. and v Valencia he had zero options in front of him. However I would like to see more of him too.. but i really like what I see so far.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, we'll be in a better position to judge come the end of May. I think we'd be taking a huge chance on gambling our Champions League qualification hopes on Ralston and/or Perez.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I would just like a bit of forward planning and business done early mate, for a change.. get it done properly and we are out of sight.

The nucleus is there, Bain, KT, Ajer, McGregor, Brown, Rogic, Ntcham, Forrest, Sinclair, Edouard.. we just need to strengthen in the right areas.

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye that’s why I said a permanent plus those two mate. I like Ralston he has something about him.. and Perez comes with a good rep.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Yeah i know where yer coming from, although you talk about forward planning, remember this is Celtic we're talkin aboot here. :56: :52:

11. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Celtic board....hold my beer.

WolfOfParkhead, JML67 and seamus1967 like this.
  12. Goggzy60

New Number 1 don't think Bain will be good enough in Europe (£2-4 million probably). Church should be 3rd choice LB we do need a new 2nd choice (possibly a free agent).
    Atleast 2 new centre backs (around 4 million for a good enough starter the other will realistically be a loan although a permanent signing will be better).
    Toljan at RB if a deal can be made. Definitely be around (2-3 million atleast)
    A Centre Midfielder if Ntcham leaves (possibly someone from the youth side)
    Possibly another Striker depending on what happens with Leigh (hopefully Weah for another year)

So we need around £15 million spent atleast. That's without any wingers or Number 10s though.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Don't think we need wingers or 10s.. would like to see more of MJ there.. and Shved looks like a real coup.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye you'd think I'd learn..:56:

BR will probably look for CB loans give Lustig a new contract and then * £15m on Burke.

neilly1987 and The Prof like this.
  15. Goggzy60

Same Forrest Sinclair MJ Shved and Morgan (not sure he's actually good enough for us and is he not a hun aswell) and Hayes. I would happily get rid of Morgan and Hayes though. Rogic Christie and Henderson as No. 10s should be good enough and we should only sign someone who is an improvement on Rogic which would be hard for is to find.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We'll have Arzani as an option too..

I don't see Christie as a 10.. he's best coming from deeper just ahead of McGregor when Broonie isn't playing. He also has a bit of dig too.

I like Bain too, we should get a clearly view at the end of the season whether he can be our No1, signs look good so far.

17. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Keep the manager and add quality and depth in weak positions, basically the defence and probably up front too. Preferably permanent deals but if it's a loan for a calibre of player we couldn't expect otherwise then so be it.

Less injuries would be great too but not really sure how much that's within our control, although less deadwood and a squad with more quality throughout would mean whoever comes in should be sound to do a job.

JC Anton likes this.
  18. wulliebad

we have to spend a fair junk of the money in the bank......6 players to go in the summer......its going to be the toughest window ever imo.

Keep BR and buy 2/3 of a defence....that is what we have to do in summer for 9iar never mind 10.

19. Goggzy60

Completely forgot about Arzani. If Morgan gets any game time it will most likely be as a ten. If Bain is good enough for No.1 then Hazard or Doohan should be good enough to be 2nd choice.

JC Anton likes this.
  20. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    New keeper
    2x cb
    1x rb
    1x lb
    1x striker

These are a MUST.

Unfortunately we'll get 1 loan cb and one loan stiker and new spot ceiling lights for the foyer of the new hotel. These lights will be comissioned by lawell and developed by the * who did his driveway... they will cost 4m and will "add an immeasurable improvement in pre match ambience and will further demonstrate that Celtic football club is comitted to retaining a poisition among europes elite clubs... in terms of lighting."