1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If Brendan was on Mastermind there would be some amount of passes.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    great post! what seperates Brendan from a lot of managers is his unbelievable will to win , he wants every domestic trophy he enters , the group of players have the same mentality that all stems from the manager.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    It's scary how much a sense of entitlement is creeping into our support. It's not just a case of Brendan expects! We've all got caught up in it and I'm actually fearing the day we start to fail and it will come as these things do. Hopefully not for a decade to allow us our moment in the sun :56:

seamus1967 and Random Review like this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Brendans phenominal domestic success has created unrealistic expectations, but then again we are still on course for a treble Treble, nobody in their right mind would've ever thought we could do a double Treble or go a season undefeated (domestically).

It's been a helluva ride, hopin it all continues for a good while yet. :ynwacelti :brendy:

5. A.M Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Getting scudded in Europe hurts - A LOT. But when his system works, Christ, I wish you could bottle that feeling because it's the highest of highs. My heart almost burst out of my chest watching us at home vs Leipzig. Suddenly his apparent pig-headed approach wasn't quite so infuriating.

Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined achieving what we have under Brendan domestically. If we had one or two key areas improved with genuine quality, those European nights wouldn't feel like such a foregone conclusion.

Sometimes I think we forget how lucky we are to have him. Here's to 10IAR with him in charge.

6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Nobody in the SPFL will be able to touch us with him in charge, there are improvements that need to be made when it comes to the bigger teams in europe (saying europe in general isn't accurate since we've beat teams like Astana, Rosenborg, Be'er Sheva with ease) and of course in the transfer market, but we're lucky to have him.

StPauli1916 and Jeannie960 like this.
  7. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    After a cool down period, I can only admire what Rodgers is trying to do. He genuinely wants us to outplay these teams. Seems to be very hit or miss whether it actually works or not, but when it does as mentioned above it’s honestly the best feeling. If we get more consistent towards his final years in charge he would be leaving us in a very good position. Hopefully his replacement isn’t as lazy as Lennon or Clarke. I want to keep on our current trajectory, because I genuinely believe one year it’s just going to click.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  8. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    our successful managers of the last 20 years , Martin O'Neill stint 5 years , Lennon and Strachan 4 years..Brendan is only on his 3rd year if he secures 8inarow , he'll definitely stay to try get 9 and if he achieves that he's equalling the lisbon lions titles.

but to go one better...

Easter Rd Davie and scotsbhoy1 like this.
  9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Interview before game..... Not gonna change his stylr in certain games that could be better for the club and.... Then coming out with bullshit saying we are the budget of a middle championship side what * middle championship side pay playing staff 55 million great manger domestically here if he goes I honestly won't be too upset if its a decent replacement

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

10. joemc

Great post but there is 1 thing we really have to learn to do and that is play a solid formation like real did to Ajax,like Valencia did to us ,like shake did to man city , its part of the game and doesn't mean it's boring ,it makes it great for countering when the opposition slip up ,and this where i feel we have a chance of sneaking something against teams with better players ,we can all see players with less ability can make it very difficult when playing as a team ,as long as you have good pace and decent strikers you will get chances ,and we definitely have finances to be able to do this ,instead of exposing our defence and showing them up as the reason we keep losing the bigger games with mistakes , it would be more of a team fault if we lose a goal being compact .

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Brendan................................I thought the referee took the game away from us

PaulM1888, neilly1987 and seamus1967 like this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Might be hearing from UEFA over this, even if he is correct.

13. Keano88

Tactics were spot on and so was his assessment of the referee.

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

It would seem that speaking the truth these days is digging yer own grave.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Ref was German.

Isn't that where the whole anti Catholic thing stated?

Lol I'm paranoid to *. Keep taking the meds Seamus

16. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd still take that ref over one of the cheating * we have here.

17. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I was concerned that Brendan would leave at the end of the season under the illusion that he could no longer take us any further in Europe. That was especially the case after hearing the amount of folk that wanted us to play hoofball last week.

I hope that the performance tonight gives him (and the fans) confidence that we can continue to implement this blueprint - which is the way forward for me.

We are due some luck next season in Europe. I think we have been hard done by with the groups and draws we have had over the last few seasons. Even that EL group was tough and I think we did well to come out of it. To be drawing Leipzig out of pot 3 and even Rosenberg out of pot 4 is pretty tricky going when you compare it to most of the other groups.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Another treble and hopefully European success is on the horizon.

Brendan here for 10IAR.

18. clonbhoy

He got the tactics spot on tonight and was unlucky how it panned out. I am looking forward to next season in Europe after that.

19. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Brendan confirmed hes staying , said in interview players are getting better and we want to improve each season were in europe.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

His tactics were good tonight, but let’s not hide from the fact he set us up in such a predictable manner last week that it cost us dearly.. Scout us once and you would have seen how we were going to play.

And also they could afford to let us play tonight.

We were unlucky in not having KT, Benkovic & Rogic available, they could have well made a difference but conversely having Izzy as replacement is unacceptable and BR must take his share of the blame..

Postive performances on the field to build from tho.