1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. OnTheBallAgain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    don’t understand what people are talking about regarding boyata? what happened? i thought he was decent throughout the game

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He was, but because he's an absolute wankstain who * us over last autumn, who only plays for himself and who has let us down in several big games when he doesn't fancy it, people understandably aren't exactly rushing to pat him on the back and praise him or even to acknowledge that he played quite well.

The fact that he's a good player when it suits him only makes many of us hate him even more TBH.

JML67 likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Only plays for himself?

He looked like he fair enjoyed the last minute winner. Made some vital blocks and tackles as well.

Some people just talk utter * regardig Boyata. He should never have played for us again after he refused to v AEK. However since then he’s been his usual self - some cracking performances, a few brain farts and a couple of pish games. Seen absolutely nothing to suggest he isn’t giving a * or playing for himself.

Twisty and MacEwan like this.
  4. OnTheBallAgain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I’ve got too agree, people are talking out there * with this one. Was good yesterday and cleverly setup a last minute winner to get us 8 points clear, i’ll pat him on the back no bother.

5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You're watching a different player to me, then. He just played a vital role, including an assist, in the game that won the league. Of course he's chuffed to bits. Doubt he'd have celebrated much if he'd been peripheral.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Clearly I am. You’re seeing what you want to see because you hate the guy.

He’s still making big contributions, is getting on with his job and hasn’t been any more trouble. It’s utter nonsense that he isn’t trying or hasn’t fancied it in some games. He just isn’t a flawless player. You’re putting mistakes down to him not trying, which is wrong.

Murph-E likes this.
  7. clonbhoy

He was a bombscare yesterday. He was as big a danger in our box at set-pieces as he eventually was in their's.

8. CFC.1

Thought he was decent yesterday but he’s defineitly no giving too much of a * IMO, like when he shat out the 50/50 on the edge of the box(he was saved by Hayes)

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

No matter what you think of him, he’s ideal for a game like that..

Jozo is so fragile he can’t even play on that surface.

Credit where’s its due he was MOTM.

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    didn't look like that when we scored.

11. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    we would have some defense if we can keep for the qualifiers/next season.
    It's not really affected us that much domestically who we put in the backline though .

.............................Bain..........................
    Toljan............Benkovic....Boyata.....Tierney

12. CFC.1

That’s true but to me, at times throughout recent games hes looking half arsed again. An on form and fully focused Deebo, doesn’t lose that challenge a mentioned earlier

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Our whole back line Boyata included were excellent yesterday for me.

Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Don’t think Toljan had a good game tbh.. but he was probably shocked by the surface.

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Haha you know there were a few times when they showed close ups of him and I was thinking something along those lines. He had a great run and cross which Edouard almost scored from early on but didn't do much going forward after that.

JC Anton likes this.
  16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's the patterns, mate. He is clearly a very good player sometimes against quite good opposition. And at other times he can be quite awful against relatively poor opposition. Given the huffy body language he so often has on these latter occasions and his proven track record of * the team over to try and force a move, I don't think it's an enormous leap to think he's a selfish * who only cares about himself.*

I definitely don't see what I want to see; I want to see that he's a * player who will never achieve anything after he leaves us. It sticks in my craw to have to admit that he can be a good player when he wants to be and that he'll go on to do just fine in England at the top end of the Championship or bottom end of the Premiership. It drives me crazy that he has got away with what he did. So, no, I definitely don't see what I want to see. Far from it.

As for getting on with his job and not making more trouble, it's in his interests. It's not going to help him find an EPL club next summer if he spends the season warming our bench instead of playing in big games like Valencia. The * is running down his contract and will enjoy a nice fat signing on fee in the summer by keeping himself playing regularly. And by not signing a CB last summer, we've basically forced ourselves into a position where we have to lube up and take it.

Interesting that: it's in his interests now, so he gets on with it; it wasn't in his interests last summer, so he feigned injury. Boyata in a nutshell.

* Professionally, I mean. I've obviously no idea what he's like with his family and friends. I hope he's very different.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  17. oldpat

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Let him help us get #8 then let him disappear..Just hope we have 2 CBs lined up before any euro qualifiers..

18. Momo Sylla

Can almost guarantee we'll go in with Hendry, Ajer and Jozo. The board will * us over yet again and I'm pretty confident of that.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

As soon as that transfer window closed in the summer I made the decision to forget what had happened for the duration of the season and support the guy.

You hear all sorts of abuse and some amount of utter * on here, but he’s a Celtic player, he’s putting the effort in and that’s all we can ask of.

When he leaves in the summer I’ll not follow his career, I’ll probably never talk about him. Much like Dembele, best of luck to them but I don’t really give a * about you anymore. Normally I’d still have that soft spot.

Keano88 likes this.
  20. Berrick Bhoyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four leaf clover
    I have a feeling that he'll sign a new deal with us before the season ends. Maybe a two year deal, get one more season out of him then ship him on. I think the loyalty that Celtic have shown him and backed him through a tough opening period of the season will make him realise the grass isn't always greener... but that's only my opinion.