1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jonny Hayes

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jun 14, 2017.

Discuss Jonny Hayes in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Brutal crosses but he set up Christie with a belter that he should've stuck away..

2. GavCFC1

Yep brilliant today. Comfortably our best player, should have started over Izaguirre on Thursday especially if he wasn't fully fit, but easy to say in hindsight

Phillyhoopsfan likes this.
  3. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He had a couple of very poor deliveries today, but on the whole I thought he did really well and I’d much rather see him on the team sheet than Emilio until KT is back.

4. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Agreed. Wonder if he'd have done better at home, with the better quality and sized pitch. Despite some of those crosses, he put in a great shift today.

Tommy25 and Keano88 like this.
  5. James Gold Member Gold Member

There's something very likeable about him always puts a graft in and gives 100% he's not the best but I'll never fault someone who gives everything they've got

6. Keano88

Yep, total grafter. He left it all out there.

Well deserved motm.

Tommy25 and neilly1987 like this.
  7. Jeremie Frimpong

His performance was patchy; his attitude was fantastic. Some of the others could learn a lot from him.

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Attitude spot on..

Looked like a fish out of water at times tho.. but did really well.

Phillyhoopsfan and neilly1987 like this.
  9. PorchBhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Absolutely. A few of those runs he put in today - looked like the only hungry player at times. Thrilled he's getting his chance after such a sad start and nasty leg break.

Tommy25 and neilly1987 like this.
  10. clonbhoy

On the deliveries, it is very hard to put crosses in when nobody really wants to attack it. It must be very frustrating to look up and see forwards not busting a gut to give an option.

Phillyhoopsfan likes this.
  11. y_n_w_a

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Paul McStay,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y N W A
    In my humble opnion , Jonny plays with his heart , which is always good to see. Im pretty sure he wouldn't choose LB , but gave it everything today! Difficult today because they were sitting so deep , so couldnt really get in behind / overlap. Forrest and Sinclair had the same problem. At times his positional play when attacking was clever and his sense of when to cut in / go wide , stood out for me. Technically poor at times but made up for it with his unrelenting running......

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    A good guy and an honest player, but for me he's not good enough to play for us.

Jeremie Frimpong and The IRA like this.
  13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

For someone who was knowing for their attacking ability and was signed here for it hes has done well playing defense. When Christie lost it the pace he showed to get back was unreal.

Loved his face when Madden whipped out the red for Brown :56:

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Best player for us today.

Had my doubts about him signing in the first place, but he has proven to be a good squad player this season for us. Happy for him to be playing for his boyhood club (we are his boyhood club, right?) and hope he continues to put in a good hard working shift for us.

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    Played with his heart on his sleeve. Determined to leave his all on the pitch. Can't ask anymore from a player.... If he works in his crosses then he could be a good back up to KT.

Tommy25, StPauli1916 and neilly1987 like this.
  16. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Absolutely love Izaguirre, and has been a fantastic player for the club. I remember a game in particular against 'that lot' where he sprinted down the wing, and sent in a low cross for Hooper who duly tucked it away. That's the player i remember. However, he isn't that player anymore and shouldn't have come back to the club, too rusty to play backup to KT. I noticed multiple times on Thursday where he would have taken a player on, or started a drive forward, instead he turned sideways and passed it a CB. Whether that totally his fault i dont know, but, he's definitely not as fit/fast/quick thinking as he used to be.

Long story short, i honestly thought Hayes would have started against Valencia on Thu, he did play well against St Johnstone on the Sunday before.

17. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Agree, Id play him before Izzy. Id also cut him a bit of slack on the crosses, the ball was taking some strange bobbles on that * pitch. On a couple of his deliveries you can see the ball bobbling up just before he hits it.

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. ddub11

Izzy was great for us but his time is up and he should never have come back.
    Interesting the majority on here seem to agree that hayes should be ahead of izzy and yet the manager doesn't seem to think that way (seems happy to switch between them),id love to know what rodgers thinks izzy can give him the hayes cant.

19. Phillyhoopsfan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail the Celts are There
    I love to see so many comment so on his heart and hustle. I remember when he signed here he said there was interest from English clubs but he wanted to go to Celtic and fight and prove himself worthy (not word for word what he said but something similar). I imwmeidately admired him and he truly does seem to care about the club greatly, not grumble about not receiving playing time and leaves it all out on the pitch. I hope he starts in the second leg

Tommy25 and StPauli1916 like this.
  20. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Always seems to get flung to the ground, and no in a bad way. Flings his body in about it no matter what.