1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think we still have a chance of progressing?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Feb 15, 2019.

Discuss Do you think we still have a chance of progressing? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I don't think we'll progress. I can see us getting beat convincingly over there.

* it, 4-1 to us.

2. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Heart says get the two goals and we have a chance. Unfortunately our record away in Europe and even recent performances at home in Europe tell the head we aren't good enough. So no can't see us progressing and even next season unless massive investment is made and a great deal of luck we are going to be put through the same wringer.

Will any of this stop me supporting and going to games? Have to say not a hope in * because after nearly 60 years I've seen the highs and lows many times and won't stop until the day I die.

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd honestly just love a chance. Score an early goal. Somehow have them hanging on. A chance is all I want.

4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Nah, don't give them the chance to get angry mate!!!.....score the first no earlier than 75 mins and then throw the kitchen sink at it for 15. :fear:

5. oh bhoy

tie was already * when we decided disco lights were a better investment than two cb's,wouldn't even fly out our strongest players what s the point in risking anymore injurys

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Everyone will feel a lot different come next Thursday morning...

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

That’s called being a Celtic fan. It’ll happen from now until eternity. If the Barca or PSG thumpings were 2 legged affairs there would still be the majority of Celtic fans calculating scenarios we could go through.

‘Basically, if Edouard scores a hat trick in the first 10 minutes then it’s definitely game on IMO’

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

That’s what I’m saying. All doom and gloom now but everyone will be back up for it next week.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Well done for pointing it out.

10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

:56: :56:

11. Eastend boy

I really don’t think we will get through this tie,i want us to get through this tie,but the players seem to be conditioned,drilled into them that possession is everything,which is all good and well as long as you can make the possession count which we can do in Scotland most of the time.
    The players don’t seem to have the freedom to express themselves in European games,players like Forrest or Sinclair,rather than play to their strengths they’re always looking to play the safe option instead of doing what they’re meant to be doing which is attacking,that has got to be a team thing though with everyone on the same wavelength knowing that if someone commits to driving forward then there has to be support for them.
    Brendan won’t set us up like that because his belief of keeping possession at all costs is the way to go,which as i said is fine as long as you can make it count,but in Europe these days the top teams do this because they can afford the players and build teams to accommodate that style of play,in Scotland we’re limited to players who are not at the same level or playing against better players week in week out to improve to the standard required to implement the style Brendan wants,so unless Brendan has a rethink about how best to take us forward we’re going to end up on the end of results like last night more often.

12. Kieran1967

3-1 Celtic Tierney and Edouard x2, We're on our way to baku bhoys yasss

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I wish you could chainsaw * into pieces through the internet.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  14. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Mom the hoops

:party22:

15. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    We are unfortunately bottlers in European games.
    Have the players with ability but no self belief.

16. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

We're almost definitely out. If we'd have won the game it still would have been an uphill task.

My thinking towards the end of the game on Thursday was to rotate the squad for the game next week. We have games coming up at Rugby Park, Tynecastle & Easter Road as well as home games against Motherwell and Aberdeen.

I'm sure I'll feel differently come Thursday, but in the cold light of day it feels like the sensible thing to do would be to rest a couple of guys who play every week and give a start to some of the players who haven't been starting games recently, like Weah, Ntcham, Edouard, Bitton or Hayes.

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't think we will but silly * happens in football so there is always a chance no matter how slim

18. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    We'll be doing well if we only concede the 3 over there.

19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No I think we're out.

Tbh I * hate Europe really, but then again maybe this is how the Hamiltons, Kilmarnock and co feel with us.

Teams are bringing on £40m subs and * like that, have totally different advantages buying players and stuff with red tape.

Think it's a case of being realistic and knowing how far we can get nowadays, maybe the odd CL group and EL group is it.

Domestically especially at the moment is the grail.

You even need to look at the likes of Scandinavian teams getting far bigger tv deals than us.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  20. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA