1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The folk that seem to have no issue with Clarke or that genuinely want him over Rodgers are going to look very stupid very shortly.

He has organised a Killie side and utilised a pish pitch to the maximum but he’s no more than a semi-decent Manager. At best.

2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Clarke is a good manager to be fair, but by * would it be depressing to go from Rodgers to him. Might be a bit harder to beat in europe but everything else would be worse.

Thombhoy79 likes this.
  3. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    If Rodgers does go I don't want us to immediately go for Clarke, he's certainly doing a great job but we should be looking to show the same ambition as we did when we got Rodgers.

I don't believe for a second we couldn't attract a manager better than Clarke we just need to make them a great offer like we did with Rodgers. We clearly have the money for a top drawer manager and after the success Rodgers has had I think it would be ridiculous to go back to cheap options.

Many fans will think that the board have * Rodgers if he goes before 10 and considering how much that means to us all they'll be playing with fire if they don't get a quality replacement.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  4. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would anyone be keen on not getting 9 or 10 in a row as a manager? That’s if we get it this year.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Don't want Rodgers to leave, want him to understand how to play in European football and to sort the backline.

But if he was to go, if we aimed as high as Clark, then watch our record turnovers of 102million quickly fall back down to the 55-60million again.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I have a lot of admiration for Brendan and I am ecstatic every day that he is our manager. I wouldn’t want anyone else at this moment.

Always find it disrespectful and bizzare when folk actively want Rodgers to go and look for the likes of Lennon and Clarke to replace him. Seen a few comments of that ilk last night on Twitter.
    Morbid stuff.

Dafties.

Tony. likes this.
  7. oh bhoy

There is * all wrong with the way Rodgers wants to play in Europe we certainly didn't look as we were gonna win at any point but neither did Valencia until we did the usual gifting chances from complete dumb * mistakes Boyata was shocking for both goals

8. Maestro 08

I want Rodgers to stay but I want him to be more adaptable. Sticking to your principles is all well and good if it slowly bears fruit but in Europe it just isn't. Every manager in world football will have at one point or another have had to change systems and outlooks to cope with better teams. It's just common sense. Stubborness just becomes negligence when it's staring you in the face over & over that something isn't working and you refuse to change.

He needs to be more pragmatic and as much as it goes against his ideals he needs to find players that won't be walked all over. I dont like the fact our team can be so easily bullied domestically and also lets teams like Valencia turn up and stroll about the pitch ripping the pish. He needs to look at recruitment not in only in terms of better quality but also player profile. We need a few more leaders, a few more guys that can handle themselves and a big fearless striker that likes to stick his backside into defenders wouldn't go a miss.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  9. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

would pep come to Celtic and be more adaptable in Europe?

No.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. wulliebad

I do not think we will get anywhere near CL next season,we will lose 6 players in the summer.....5 of them first team just now.
    Im really worried for next year and maybe even BR will not stick around.

11. NM67

Pep wouldn't come to us no, but if he did he would get us further in Europe than Rodgers.

12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

:brendy:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    see if you said to me Europe semi final and lose the league I would be telling you to * off!

The league is bread and butter I couldn’t stomach watching those * celebrate a league title the thought makes me feel ill

GERONIMO likes this.
  14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I'm enjoying Rodgers' time as Celtic manager. It won't last forever, it may not even last beyond this season, but I'm really enjoying it and I'm hoping he continues for as long as he wants to.

That being said, there are definitely some big issues we need to address going forward. There is no reason why Rodgers couldn't adopt a more defensive approach in Europe. That doesn't necessarily mean sacrificing your principles, but we don't have to be so open or play so many safe passes.
    Valencia were really compact and difficult to break down, and weren't afraid to go direct and they were still a slick side filled with good technical players. Being more defensive in Europe doesn't mean taking the Walter Smith or Tony Pulis approach, you know?

The second major issue is recruitment. For whatever reason, we have essentially failed in terms of recruitment in the last 4-5 years maybe. There have been good players coming in, but we could definitely be doing more with the resources we have. I know it's easier said than done, but we need to invest a bit of time and money in reviewing the way we identify and acquire players.

15. joemc

We are starting to get soundings from rodgers of his next challenge ,and that tells you it could be possible if he wins another treble ,he will feel he cant do any more to progress the team outside domestic challenge .
    I really liked the way Ajax played on Wednesday and they really went for real Madrid,were very unlucky ,but it reminded me of us in a way ,you kinda knew it was coming and that real would pick them off ,undoubtedly ramos was instrumental in stopping ajax getting ahead ,which would have been vital while playing really well and being very attacking ,creating chances.
    It is the same principal in Scotland where other teams dont have a realistic chance of beating us most of the time and have to carry a lot of luck and take their chances ,So we have to understand there are other ways to skin a cat ,and we have to adapt our approach to games were the teams we are playing are loaded with better players ,it means being very compact and difficult to break through and having players that can take wot littler chance they get,I have no doupt we have that part correct .

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Lustig and Izzy are done.. think we’ll get another year out of Weah. So with Griff hopefully back and firing we should be ok up front..

We will need a LB, RB & 2 CBs tho, that’s where the cash will need to be spent. BR staying will be the most important thing tho.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Do you actually trust him to go spend that money on quality players though?

He’s already in the press talking about how he wants to extend Lustig’s deal...

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Becareful what you wish for that’s all am saying.

Some right spoilt * in this forum the last couple of months tbh!

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye his inability to strengthen the defence in the long-term is defo a concern. The good additions he's made there have been short-term options, Toure, Benkovic and Toljan.. that's where the money needs invested.

I know you want rid, but for who? It would be a huge gamble to allow him to walk.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  20. Thombhoy79

Can't understand it either mate. A Clarke team makes a Craig Brown team look like the Milan side from the early 90s.

Blochairnbhoy and PaulM1888 like this.