1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

hes no longer an automatic first pick for me he has the back pass side way pass relationship with our defenders that is really frustrating and hes lost spark and energy, might possibly have been better had he went to australia, i'd rather that than us to keep playing him (because of what he has been for us) and us getting worse

2. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    The guys been a great servant to the club and we can't be too harsh on him. We just don't have the calibre of players to play in Europe so there's no point in going through them and singularly pointing them out and slating them. The new additions are still wet behind the ears at this level and it's a huge ask.

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

It’s never going to be a popular opinion but he’s just nowhere near good enough to help take us to the next level. I wish he was and think he has a great personality, but along with a few others he’s so far off the required standard it’s unbelievable.

I get that people are attached to him and will always defend him and that is admirable, but the guy is our most experienced player and the amount of times he sprays the ball out the park under no pressure is absolutely incredible.

Being a leader is more than being a strong personality. In games like tonight you need your captain to calm the game down and help the younger lads in the team settle in.

When fans start saying ‘great servant’ to justify yet another * performance against someone better than Aberdeen, you know we’re in trouble.

Do his biggest fans expect others to come on here and cream themselves over him after strolling a game against one of the bottom six? He’s the * captain of Celtic, he’s meant to do well in those games.

The fact that he’s played for us for over ten years doesn’t mean he’s immune from criticism. Everyone that goes to Parkhead has all the time and respect in the world for him but that doesn’t mean every supporter has to sit back and pretend that he’s not detrimental to our performances.

He’s been a great servant for us, and the * that work their bollocks off every week of their lives and pay their hard earned money have been great servants for him too.

Therefore the * on here who take the moral high ground when one of our established players get criticised can * right off and keep pretending that everything is sound. When people can see a weak link that affects the team, they have every right to voice an opinion.

Thommo92, Lewis Kerr and celticfan01 like this.
  4. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    He was pish tonight, on the ball he was terrible off the ball completely bypassed by their midfield and could barely win a tackle, he's been great domestically since after the winter break but tonight was nearly as bad as the huns game he just looked way off the pace, criticism of him isn't hysterical at all imo he played a major part in that result tonight.

5. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Not a shock. Cant be trusted with a start when a half decent team comes at us or were in a bit of a battle. Valencia Huns Sheep and Hibs pish in all last four. Get him off the bench in these games for best use anymore. Been excellent in that role since he came back from injury

6. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    This is so spot on, Izaguirre, Brown, Lustig, Nir Biton all fall into this category. And the fact is most of them aren't going to be offered any higher wages than what they are getting here , so why would they leave when they can do a half * job here for more money?!

7. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I know weve said it all before and scott keeps proving us wrong but this time... somethings different.

That sevco game was truly frightening. Ive seen broony * it... ive seen him have bad runs of form. But ive never seen him look like a deer in headlights.

He looked completely lost against sevco. Like he was apollo creed and just got decked for the first time by ivan drago.

He looked like that again last night. Tbf he was playing briliant for a good spell in the first, doing his job, moping up attacks and spreading the play. One they started to press he looked like an under 19 getting his first home start and didnt know what to do.

I fear hes lost something. Or hes afraid if losing something.

Love the guy.

But as others have said... its time for rodgers to do what slippy undermined him for at liverpool, phase broony out. Hes just not there atm.

8. Pearse67*

So easy to play against now, drops deep to pick the ball up but then passes it back, defenders then go side to side or back to bain, truly is painful to watch.

9. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    He is slowly heading to Lustig territory with the fans, and not a fault of his own but age and injuries catching up, you can't play a European elite team against players 10 years younger and more agile and expect to enforce.

Rodgers step up and be a manager. Bring him on as a sub.

10. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    I don’t think Bitton is in this category, he’s come back from a long injury and hardly played. When Rodgers has played him, a significant portion of that is in the wrong position

11. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

I’d drop him for the away leg. Put McGregor and Christie back there and play Weah in the 10

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I see he’s back to being finished again. :56:

13. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    did you think he was good last night?

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I didn’t say I thought he was good. He had a poor performance. I just find the hysteria, after any European loss, tedious.

Thought we had a chance but expected to lose last night. Definitely didn’t expect to get through the tie.

15. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    I don't think Broony has ever been described as our most technically gifted midfielder with pace. What he brings to the table is leadership, drive and commitment. His huddle speech before last nights game went out the window after 15 minutes. He should have been hooked at half time. But does BR have the nouse to do it. How many times did the ball just get passed back and forth along the back line . Every time izzy got it, back to Jozo. Broony should have seen that the quick forward movements that we have been doing from the break is what was needed, and allowing Valencia to get their two banks of four wasn't helping us at all. So last night, as far as Im concerned, Broonys play was one reason it wasn't working. Forget the sloppy passes, as in a way, he was at least trying, but then went back to type.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The whole team were poor last night, but the scatter gun is oot lol, it's understandable but i wouldn't get too bogged down about the performances of certain individuals, there's a whole bigger picture here, and that is the way we approach games when playing a higher class of opposition.

Tommy25 and Seán Mac D like this.
  17. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    i didn’t say you did, only asked. my personal opinion is that brown can’t play against that quality of opponent in midfield, i don’t think he has the composure to keep the ball at that level, the likes of parejo and kondogbia had it so easy. in the spfl, we need brown especially for games where the going is tough, but i think we need something different and more cultured in Europe

Callum McGregor likes this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    His role will certainly diminish over the next two years.

19. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Was never a good passer and now he’s old he’ll lose the energy and pressing that made up for his lack of technical ability.

We love McGregor, Brown, Forrest et al but they’re simply not good enough for top , or even 2nd, level European competition.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:56: